2019 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Imagine paying Jimbo that paycheck every month Knowing they could had had Pruitt for half the price.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Almost time for OU to catch another CFP beatdown.

As I said earlier in the month, I didn't want to see OU in this game. I'd have rather been in the Cotton Bowl or Sugar Bowl. But it is what it is. Hopefully we can at least make a game of it like we did vs Georgia a couple of years ago.

BTW, some awful news out of Louisiana today that's linked to LSU. The LSU OC's daughter-in-law was killed in a plane crash this morning in Lafayette, LA. She was a sports reporter for one of the local Louisiana TV stations and was flying to Atlanta to cover the game but the plane crashed shortly after takeoff....killing her and 4 others.

I can't imagine getting that kind of news the day of such big game and still being completely focused on coaching your team. Prayers to him and his family.

Last edited:

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Almost time for OU to catch another CFP beatdown.

As I said earlier in the month, I didn't want to see OU in this game. I'd have rather been in the Cotton Bowl or Sugar Bowl. But it is what it is. Hopefully we can at least make a game of it like we did vs Georgia a couple of years ago.

BTW, some awful news out of Louisiana today that's linked to LSU. The LSU OC's daughter-in-law was killed in a plane crash this morning in Lafayette, LA. She was a sports reporter for one of the local Louisiana TV stations and was flying to Atlanta to cover the game but the plane crashed shortly after takeoff....killing her and 4 others.

I can't imagine getting that kind of news the day of such the game and still being completely focused on coaching your team. Prayers to him and his family.

Well, it's starting out about like I imagined.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Uh, this one looks like it could be over early.

midswat

... soon
Okay so who you all want between OSU and Clemson?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Burrow is going to be a great pro.

I dunno what happened at OSU, but he has elevated the Tigers' program all by himself.

On the other hand, Hurts looks terrible. Riley is going to have to do something to get him some easy throws so he can get into the game. If not, he is going to get eaten alive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I liked Hollywood Brown last year, but CeeDee Lamb makes him look like a scrub. Most complete WR in the game.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm rooting for Ohio State in the other game.

Clemson has become extremely annoying. I should have saw it coming in 2015. I went to the Orange Bowl between OU & Clemson that year and I was surrounded by Clemson fans who were annoying as fuck the entire game. Mind you....they hadn't even won anything yet. That was their first time in like 35 years playing in a bowl game where a championship was on the line. So I'm thinking to myself, they're mighty mouthy for fans of a program who usually plays in bowl games like the Liberty Bowl.

That experience was definitely some foreshadowing.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I liked Hollywood Brown last year, but CeeDee Lamb makes him look like a scrub. Most complete WR in the game.
More people are starting to say that. Most assumed Jerry Jeudy would be the gem of this class but Lamb has passed him up.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That Oklahoma pas rush without Perkins just isn't good enough. Can't give Burrow that much time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
That was the most bullshit no call I have ever seen. EASILY pass interference and nothing called. The DB literally tackled OU's WR.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is glorious.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That was the most bullshit no call I have ever seen. EASILY pass interference and nothing called. The DB literally tackled OU's WR.
Hurts looks like all he can do is run. I really see no way that guy is an NFL QB.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is glorious.
We have a glorified RB playing QB and a defense ravaged by injuries, suspensions, and ejections.

It is what it is.

I'm just glad this will be Hurts last game under center. Next year we'll finally get back to our regular offense.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Hurts looks like all he can do is run. I really see no way that guy is an NFL QB.
He’s never looked like one and certainly won’t be changing anyone’s mind with today’s performance. He’s fucking terrible.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yep. I've been saying it for almost two months now. He's a horrible passer and will to be lucky be drafted before the 5th round.

I honestly don't know what Heisman voters have been watching the least 6 weeks of the season. He's been average at best as a passer and the offense has sputtered as a result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom