jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love Daks attitude and the person he is. It makes me want to root for the guy. But we need better out of the QB position then what we saw against the Panthers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I love Daks attitude and the person he is. It makes me want to root for the guy. But we need better out of the QB position then what we saw against the Panthers.
Dak will improve. He just didn’t get the reps he needed throughout TC and preseason. I felt all along that Dallas would struggle in the early part of the schedule. The whole personnel makeup and chemistry has shifted. Garrett could to some degree get away with a light weight regiment for pre season avoidance because he had some experienced players in the mix but now the OL is lined with subs, the receivers are not a unit and the QB isn’t much more seasoned than a rookie with the system. You can’t treat them with kid gloves and expect any reasonable performance. One would think a competent coach would recognize the difference from year to year and utilize the preseason to get the greenie starters some experience for the regular season. This group was playing like they were still in a scrimmage mode.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

What dramatic coaching changes did they make? Are we actually seeing Garrett 2.0?

p1_

DCC 4Life

how functional is that?

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Jets owner Christopher Johnson had a great quote about his team deciding on the starting quarterback: "I had no say in Sam Darnold starting. I’m not Jerry Jones."

:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Then don't lose yardage. It's not that complicated. You should have some plays to get your 4 or 5 yards on first down. That's where the creativity comes in.

p1_

DCC 4Life

p1_

DCC 4Life
Then don't lose yardage. It's not that complicated. You should have some plays to get your 4 or 5 yards on first down. That's where the creativity comes in.
He's trying to pawn off the failures as a result of the dumbass penalties we received on first and second down, putting us in long yardage right off the bat.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He's trying to pawn off the failures as a result of the dumbass penalties we received on first and second down, putting us in long yardage right off the bat.
Well the dumbass penalties need to be fixed but they are also a part of the game. You can play perfect football and you're still going to get some penalties. You better have a way of over coming them or you're doomed. I remember one penalty against the Panthers was totally bogus. But that's going to happen with officials. They will see things that aren't there sometimes. It's part of the game and you better know how to get a first down when facing a first and 20. Instead with the Cowboys you might as well line up and punt at that point.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

:Imdone

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
They would have had to try pretty hard to come up with a gayer nickname.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They would have had to try pretty hard to come up with a gayer nickname.
Yeah could you imagine right up there with the Dooms Day Defense and all the great defenses of all time. Here come the Hot Boyz? Holy shit that's gayer than Thorn.

Orange Crush, Steel Curtain, Dooms Day Defense, Legion of Boom, The Monsters of the Midway, Hot Boyz.

Last edited:

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Hopefully a skilled businessman like Jerry would step in on the slight chance of this D developing into an all timer and insist on Doomsday.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hopefully a skilled businessman like Jerry would step in on the slight chance of this D developing into an all timer and insist on Doomsday.
He wants nothing to do with our past history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom