2018 Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I mean, that's seemingly an even more ridiculous idea.

First of all, Dez is a better WR. Watkins put up 39/593/8 last year, his best season is 60/1047/9, in the worst year of his career Dez put up 69/838/6, on significantly more targets to be fair, but still.

To cut Dez, only save 8 million on the cap but still have about 8 million in dead money, and then pay out another, let's say 14 to Watkins, is an even dumber idea.

There is no logic to making a move like that but turning your nose up at some of those guys I mentioned who are cheaper.
Except you are changing a 24 year old WR with speed for a 30 year old WR with none.

But also lets not forget that Dez counts 16.5 mil this year against the cap and next year. If you were able to cut him, that 16.5 comes off the books for next season. So the 14 mil for Watkins would actually start to create cap room. Not saying I would have paid Watkins 14 mil a year but it's not as bad as you make it sound. My issue with Watkins is the dude can never stay healthy. I've loved his talent all the way back to his freak Clemson days but he can't stay healthy in the NFL and I want guys we can rely on. Especially on a big contract.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
:unsure

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
lapped

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Un-Fucking-Real.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
this is the equivalent of partying the night before a big exam. also, please tell me I don't see Tony and Jason in that photo, because that would be creepy as hell.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Fuck this team and front office and especially Jerry.

I don't give a shit that they do this. Except... Now? Really??????

It just screams that they don't care about the team or getting better. Or the fans for that matter, to whom they should at the very least a semblance of responsibility.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Fuck this team and front office and especially Jerry.

I don't give a shit that they do this. Except... Now? Really??????

It just screams that they don't care about the team or getting better. Or the fans for that matter, to whom they should at the very least a semblance of responsibility.
It’s embarrassing. But hey, the GM can take risks that would get other GMs fired.

Like not actually doing his job. Pretty big risk.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
You might as well fire Garrett now. This season is over before it started.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Un-Fucking-Real.

Family pic, or cult gathering?
Looks like they're moving to a mountain top, take LSD, and have sex with each other.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Stephen: "Hey daddy, NFL Network just said Hitchens already signed his new contract, and Wilbur's gone too!"
Jerruh: "Well ain't that some shit...pass the roasted quail and hollandaise sauce, Jean"

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Jerry is reaching that super old stage where all he wants to do is sit around with family and pretend like it’s 10 or 20 years ago. He’s even bringing Romo and Witten, hallmark Cowboys circa 2003, to enhance the charade.

The drive to even work very hard to try to prove to everyone he’s no buffoon is dying out.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only chance this organization ever had was if I married one of these granddaughters, sorry guys.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The only chance this organization ever had was if I married one of these granddaughters, sorry guys.
I like the new angry Simp.

So which one would you nail in order take one for the team?

Choose carefully.

You can't pick Romo or Witten's wife though.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like the new angry Simp.
The way these media types were talking you'd think Mathieu was asking for 4/60, instead he gets a 1 year deal for 7 million.

"Not interested at this time."

Yea because you fucking turds don't know your ass from a hole in the ground and are spending your time drinking with your 5.2 40 TE and ex-QB who hasn't taken a meaningful snap in 3 years.

These guys are out gallivanting with former players who haven't even won shit for us instead of actually trying to win now, amazing.

The fact that they supposedly threw 15 a year or whatever at Watkins just pisses me off more.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The way these media types were talking you'd think Mathieu was asking for 4/60, instead he gets a 1 year deal for 7 million.

"Not interested at this time."

Yea because you fucking turds don't know your ass from a hole in the ground and are spending your time drinking with your 5.2 40 TE and ex-QB who hasn't taken a meaningful snap in 3 years.

These guys are out gallivanting with former players who haven't even won shit for us instead of actually trying to win now, amazing.

The fact that they supposedly threw 15 a year or whatever at Watkins just pisses me off more.
:towel

Top Bottom