2018 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Haskins looked like shit, his stats look nice and the story will be that he led them back to the win a hostile environment, which he did, but he couldn't complete much of anything except screens that took advantage of PSU's aggressiveness. He could definitely improve as the season goes on, and I might take the chance on him anyway because he definitely has the tools, but he'd probably be better served staying another year.

If Grier keeps playing like this when the competition improves I'd take him top 10 for sure. He looks like a poor man's Baker Mayfield, not quite as mobile, not quite as strong of an arm, pocket presence isn't quite as good, but he's extremely accurate and has pretty good mobility/arm strength/pocket presence.
I agree. Not impressed much with Haskins last night.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Haskins looked like shit, his stats look nice and the story will be that he led them back to the win a hostile environment, which he did, but he couldn't complete much of anything except screens that took advantage of PSU's aggressiveness. He could definitely improve as the season goes on, and I might take the chance on him anyway because he definitely has the tools, but he'd probably be better served staying another year.

If Grier keeps playing like this when the competition improves I'd take him top 10 for sure. He looks like a poor man's Baker Mayfield, not quite as mobile, not quite as strong of an arm, pocket presence isn't quite as good, but he's extremely accurate and has pretty good mobility/arm strength/pocket presence.
Et tu Simp?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Penn State's 4th down calls tonight have been atrocious.

4th and 1? Shotgun pass.

4th and 6? Draw play to the HB.

Coaches make this game much much harder than it actually is.
So true. Everyone on social media pretty much had the same "WTH was that" reaction.

The game is on the line. Your stud QB has been balling. There were a total of three timeouts to come up with a play for this situation. And THAT'S the play they decide to run on a do or die play?

It didn't make any sense whatsoever. Just awful play calling from Franklin and his coaches.

That ball should have been in McSorley's hands. Win or lose with your best player giving it his best shot.

D

Deuce

So true. Everyone on social media pretty much had the same "WTH was that" reaction.

The game is on the line. Your stud QB has been balling. There were a total of three timeouts to come up with a play for this situation. And THAT'S the play they decide to run on a do or die play?

It didn't make any sense whatsoever. Just awful play calling from Franklin and his coaches.

That ball should have been in McSorley's hands. Win or lose with your best player giving it his best shot.
It should have be end been an rpo for McSorley.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I am not going to bother with them any more. They have their equivalent of Garrett in Paul Johnson. Just sick of it.
Well, at least they're ahead. Battle of the losers, sort of like Cowboys/Giants.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This is going to be some kind of game.

I see we're channeling our inner-Big 12 circa 2015/2016 when teams just wanted to outscore each other.

:lol

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man.....are we......no, I won't say it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
FU OU

DLK150

DCC 4Life
That was a fricking barn burner, good game if you're a UT fan.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Defensive Coordinator and defensive secondary for OU will have to bear the responsibility of the loss.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Defensive Coordinator and defensive secondary for OU will have to bear the responsibility of the loss.
It's the same story every single year.

Hundreds of defensive players have cycled through OU since 2012.

Every year the pass rush sucks.

Every year the run defense sucks.

Every year the defense sucks at generating turnovers.

Every year the defense struggles to hold good teams under 40.

Every year new defensive players cycle in and out of the lineup.

There's only one constant involved in this year to year display of unspectacular play......Mike Stoops.

It's maddening that he's yet to be held accountable for clearly under-performing, and quite frankly he's primarily responsible for derailing Oklahoma's championship hopes each and every year. With just an average defense Oklahoma probably at least make it to another title game.

Also, think about this. There is a strong possibility that Oklahoma will have a Heisman winner/finalist QB for FOUR straight years. That's insane. Yet this window of great QB play and historic offensive production will be wasted because of Bob Stoops' retarded little brother.

I have a feeling that 10 years from now if Lincoln Riley and the current AD are still around they are going to be wondering 'what if'. "What if we had the courage to do what was right and gave ourselves a better chance to cash in on some historically great QB play."

Eh, serves them right. Sports are supposed to be a meritocracy. When you skew from that basic fundamental of sports and start handing people positions without them earning it, you usually get poorer results.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom