2017 Schedule...

data

Forbes #1
At home before thx, then color Rush unis after.

Wonder if chargers play home/away before coming to Dallas short week.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
At home before thx, then color Rush unis after.

Wonder if chargers play home/away before coming to Dallas short week.
They are at home before.

data

Forbes #1
I don't think we've beaten neither the Chargers, cardinals nor Broncos for over 10 years.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think we've beaten neither the Chargers, cardinals nor Broncos for over 10 years.
Meh, most of the team isn't the same from the last time we played those teams. With their QB situation the Broncos don't scare me in the least bit. Frankly the Chargers are always shaky. The Cardinals with an old as dirt Palmer are just meh as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we swept that group. But we will see.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Meh, most of the team isn't the same from the last time we played those teams. With their QB situation the Broncos don't scare me in the least bit. Frankly the Chargers are always shaky. The Cardinals with an old as dirt Palmer are just meh as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we swept that group. But we will see.
We never win in Arizona. Weird shit always happens.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Eh, Dak hasn't played there yet. Beautiful weather means I bet he has a strong game there. I'm not one of those people that buys into things happening 10 years ago, to a totally different group of players, (Outside Witten) somehow impacting the current team. This is a new Cowboys team with a clutch as hell QB.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Eh, Dak hasn't played there yet. Beautiful weather means I bet he has a strong game there. I'm not one of those people that buys into things happening 10 years ago, to a totally different group of players, (Outside Witten) somehow impacting the current team. This is a new Cowboys team with a clutch as hell QB.
Yea I'm not worried.

We have a durable offense with the OL/running game and a steady hand at QB. The defense will be what it has been for years now, a generally average group that plays over their head at times and looks like shit at others.

The only thing that concerns me are injuries and Elliott pulling out more titties.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
A lot easier to weight a schedule in one direction over another than it is to rig a live action game.
There could be some truth to that.

I could see the league using the schedule as another tool to generate parity. Problem with my theory is Falcons & Patriots schedules don't seem particularly hard. But that could be due to the weaker divisions that they play in.

IDK. But I think you have a point.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Tell me more.
It's basically a jail broken Amazon Fire Stick loaded w/Kodi and other apps.

You can buy one that's already loaded for about $80 or buy a regular Fire Stick for $40 and jail break it yourself. There are a ton of YouTube videos out there they can walk you through the process.

I watched a couple of football games on it last year. The streams are hit or miss as they are practically streaming from the same sources as the games that we sometimes stream from our PC. But I will say I've had a lot of success streaming random local CBS/FOX affiliates via one of the "Live TV" apps like MOBDRO. The games usually stream clear and without buffering through the "Live TV" apps. The drawback with this method is you're not selecting the game to watch. You're watching whatever game is airing on the local Denver FOX station, for instance.

Here's more info on it. https://www.codetvbox.com/amazon-firestick-jailbroken-with-kodi.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2-bHBRDEh6qk5b6yqKIBEiQAFUz29rH1hzWfU7dhjdGgcku1P_ea6a0AwVnDr3XuarZ5hzkaApKC8P8HAQ

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Just 2 sure fire cold games, of course against division rivals...
I don't like those back to back, east coast west coast, road games though...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The only time I have ever been to that snake stadium we won. It was in 2006. So, pretty much we are due again.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The only time I have ever been to that snake stadium we won. It was in 2006. So, pretty much we are due again.
We used to dominate there, but the last ten years or so has been different.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
~waiting for midswat's shitty poll~
Sir, no need to wait. I would like to formally request said poll come from you. Make it happen.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There could be some truth to that.

I could see the league using the schedule as another tool to generate parity. Problem with my theory is Falcons & Patriots schedules don't seem particularly hard. But that could be due to the weaker divisions that they play in.

IDK. But I think you have a point.
Every game except 2 are predetermined, it's not like they just pick random opponents for each team.

We thought last year's schedule would be difficult and we went 13-3, the schedule is what it is, we'll see what happens.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Every game except 2 are predetermined, it's not like they just pick random opponents for each team.

We thought last year's schedule would be difficult and we went 13-3, the schedule is what it is, we'll see what happens.
I know that.

What I'm talking about is how the schedules are constructed. I could see the league trying to make it harder on the 1st place teams by purposely trying to put them in tougher situations when building the schedule.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Yeah. But can you tell me that there isn't a distinct advantage to having 3 of your last for games of the season be at home, against division opponents? Or not having to travel before a short week? Go take a look at the Giants schedule, then look again at ours. That's what we're talking about by gaining an advantage via the schedule makers.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah. But can you tell me that there isn't a distinct advantage to having 3 of your last for games of the season be at home, against division opponents? Or not having to travel before a short week? Go take a look at the Giants schedule, then look again at ours. That's what we're talking about by gaining an advantage via the schedule makers.
I agree that having all 3 division games at home over the last month is bullshit but where do you see us having to travel before a short week?

The games before and after Thanksgiving for us are at home. I also think I read somewhere that they are playing like four teams coming off byes, which is a disadvantage.

I just don't think the differences are that egregious. I think the December part of the schedule for both teams are slanted, so there's an argument there, and having our two matchups with the Giants on the exact same weeks and exact same locations as last season is also bullshit, but I don't think there are wide-ranging advantages throughout the entire schedule.

Top Bottom