2017 Random NFL Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

:lol
All jokes aside, when Garrett does dumb shit like this in a week 3 game vs a non-conference opponent, it drives me nuts and makes me want to punch something.

But if we somehow got to a SB under this buffoon only to watch him pull something like that, I don't think I'd ever watch football again......seriously.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I could understand if they were benching him to take a look at a young QB who they drafted, but benching him for Geno Smith? :lol
They're tanking. They're trying to recreate the Indy "Suck for Luck" year. Don't want to win a couple and miss out on Rosen or Darnold.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I'm sorry, but I'm loving the shit out of this. :lol

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
What is so funny about this is that there really is not a QB prospect even close to what Andrew Luck was coming out.

Both Darnold and Rosen are a step below. A pretty big one, in fact.
Yep. Which makes it extremely reckless and silly for any organization to purposely tank for either of them.

I like Rosen a lot, but he doesn't strike me as a can't miss prospect.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yep. Which makes it extremely reckless and silly for any organization to purposely tank for either of them.

I like Rosen a lot, but he doesn't strike me as a can't miss prospect.
I don't like either one much, honestly.

Even if they don't get one of those guys -- which I bet they do -- I'm sure they want as high a pick as they can get. They probably were a little jealous of Dallas getting Elliott when they were already a talented team.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think the Giants are tanking by benching Eli. They weren't exactly winning with him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I don't think the Giants are tanking by benching Eli. They weren't exactly winning with him.
Well their initial plan was for Eli to start then let Geno and Davis to both get some time in too, like a preseason game, Eli just said he didn't want to start then.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Well their initial plan was for Eli to start then let Geno and Davis to both get some time in too, like a preseason game, Eli just said he didn't want to start then.
Yeah, I caught that in some different articles later. I can understand his line of thinking but one way or another, he knows his time is coming sooner rather than later. That could be part of the issue with him, he knows the end is near.

Cotton

Staff member

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Eagles sign Alshon Jeffrey 4/52.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
Who would want to listen to him? I bet even Giants' fans are shaking their heads at that prospect.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
From PFT.com
Report: Ben McAdoo could be fired after Sunday’s game

As the Giants season swirled down the drain last month, the team issued a statement saying that they would wait until after the end of the season to make any decisions about the future of coach Ben McAdoo and General Manager Jerry Reese.

Giants co-owner John Mara signaled that plan might have changed this week when he refused to rule out the possibility that McAdoo could be fired before the year was out. Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN report that McAdoo may not make it to Tuesday.

The Giants have not fired a head coach during the season since dispatching Bill Arnsparger during the 1976 season, but, per the report, McAdoo’s handling of the Eli Manning benching has pushed up the timeline for a potential firing to the 24 hours after Sunday’s game. While Mara signed off on the plan to give playing time to Geno Smith and Davis Webb, his comments about it during the week suggested he had a different notion of how things would be conveyed to Manning.

Despite that, McAdoo said that he and Mara were on the same page and that he had “no regrets” about how things were handled. That might change if the axe falls after the team’s game in Oakland on Sunday and any reprieve seems certain to be a temporary one with things totally off the rails for the Giants in 2017.
McAdoo's a clueless douche, but this is just BS on Mara's part.

As was stated, he knew of and approved of the plan to work in the other QBs going forward. Eli was the one who threw a monkey wrench into the original plan. He's the one who said thanks but no thanks to the idea of only playing in the first half of games going forward.

Cotton

Staff member

What a cluster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What a cluster.
I do not buy that a head coach about to get canned made that decision on his own.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I love how everyone freaks out about this precious starts streak. WGAF. Your team is God awful and marching Eli out their every game isn't going to help you next year.

But I'd go all Webb if I was them. We all know Geno sucks but you might as well see if Webb is garbage too. Their team really sucks and Eli is 36. I see no problem if they want to blow that team up.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I do not buy that a head coach about to get canned made that decision on his own.
That's what I'm thinking.

Look, if you're upper management there and your season is already lost and you know you're getting rid of this guy, what is the point of allowing him to basically light a fire to everything and possibly cause irreparable damage to the team and/or the roster?

So if he's basically shaming Eli this way and they truly do respect and want him to return next year as the starting QB, then wouldn't this be bad for business?

I think the front office is good with this and is simply allowing a guy who is a dead man walking to do a deed for them, that way, they can save face but still have an objective met.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
That's too bad. I was hoping he would stick around with them for another 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom