2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Is he worth carrying on the roster for 6 weeks without playing?

Seems like you almost might as well IR him and pick up another big body.
Probably not at this point in the season. Time to start checking available free agents and practice squads.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
So, evidently Deion got his panties in a bunch when Romo compared one attempted tackle by Marcus Peters to how Deion used to avoid tackling. :lol Sorry Deion, it's true. Didn't he once call not tackling a business decision?

Then he points out how he has two rings while Tony has none. Well you were a mercenary Primetime, how many rings did you win in Atlanta?

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Deion-Sanders-fires-back-at-former-Dallas-Cowboys-QB-Tony-Romo-for-tackling-comments-110035682

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Need technology to fix that problem, eh?

They haven't heard of a fucking curtain in Texas?

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

I thought the same damn thing.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
So, evidently Deion got his panties in a bunch when Romo compared one attempted tackle by Marcus Peters to how Deion used to avoid tackling. :lol Sorry Deion, it's true. Didn't he once call not tackling a business decision?

Then he points out how he has two rings while Tony has none. Well you were a mercenary Primetime, how many rings did you win in Atlanta?

https://247sports.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/Bolt/Deion-Sanders-fires-back-at-former-Dallas-Cowboys-QB-Tony-Romo-for-tackling-comments-110035682

What a fucking punk. Why's he so defensive about it? He was almost proud of it back on the day.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Who is shouting fix the O?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
They should look into keeping the roof open sometimes.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life

You seen those windows?

that will take some serious mf'ing curtains.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Ever heard of window film/tint? I've got it in my one truck, it gets darker as more light hits it and lighter when it gets dark. Maybe some sort of mega motorized vertical blinds? It's hard to believe this wasn't considered when Jerrahworld was built considering it's basically designed with the end zones facing east and west.

Here's an article from last year on it, it seems they're taking the multi-purpose venue angle but I basically skimmed through it.

Edit: Reading through it more closely, the architect says "future development" in the area will resolve the issue as taller buildings are built. So, it's evidently part of the grand scheme for the surrounding area.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/11/05/sun-issues-stem-building-flaw-cowboys-stadium-architectural-expert-says-built-way

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You seen those windows?

that will take some serious mf'ing curtains.
Not all of those windows are shining on the field. But even if they were... They figured out how to make the worlds biggest video screen. I'm sure they can figure out how to make a big curtain, too.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Not all of those windows are shining on the field. But even if they were... They figured out how to make the worlds biggest video screen. I'm sure they can figure out how to make a big curtain, too.
You can't have curtains apparently. The league doesn't want anything where you can decide whether to open or close them during the game. Tinting seems like the obvious solution. By the way, fans are getting blinded as well so it's something they need to fix.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You can't have curtains apparently. The league doesn't want anything where you can decide whether to open or close them during the game. Tinting seems like the obvious solution. By the way, fans are getting blinded as well so it's something they need to fix.
You can see when it causes receivers to lose sight of the ball. Really frustrating.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can see when it causes receivers to lose sight of the ball. Really frustrating.
I don't understand why we can't figure out how to pick our possession so it isn't constantly our team's receivers getting screwed looking at the sun every time. It's not like it lasts all game long. It's usually for about a quarter or so.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Amazing how the sun is an issue at all.

Did they forget about the fucking thing when building a billion+ stadium?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Amazing how the sun is an issue at all.

Did they forget about the fucking thing when building a billion+ stadium?
They are just waiting for big buildings to be built around the stadium to block it.

Those don't take long or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom