2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You know who was a good player? Thomas Everett. Little short dude was in on everything.
James Washington was my guy. That was the guy who was in on everything.

I still think he deserved at least least co-MVP honors for the '94 Super Bowl.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
You know who was a good player? Thomas Everett. Little short dude was in on everything.
Hell yes. Always liked him, remembered him from Baylor. Very good player for the Steelers. Smart guy and a key part of that defense.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
James Washington was my guy. That was the guy who was in on everything.

I still think he deserved at least least co-MVP honors for the '94 Super Bowl.
James Washington was like the Haley of the secondary. Crazy, but smart at the same time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It is interesting how as time goes by, you forget the little things. This was a game where we were getting beat decently in the early going. But a fumbled punt and a Ricky Watters fumble were responsible for our first ten points.

I remembered way more about the second half.
So true. I'd completely forgot the circumstances surrounding Alvin Harper's long catch and run. I remember it being a big play which essentially sealed the game, but I'd forgotten those little details.

It was the very first play of the drive following the 49ers TD which had cut the lead to 4. Cowboys were on their own 20 and needed at least 2 first downs to put the game away. San Fran had all the momentum and Candlestick was rocking.

Conventional wisdom would say play it a bit safe and work the clock with Emmitt and the great OL, but Troy and the 'Boys came out slinging it through the air. I think that probably caught the 49ers off-guard.

As an aside, Kelvin Martin's TD was extremely close. I'm surprised 49er fans aren't bitching to this day that Martin's knee was down. :lol

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So true. I'd completely forgot the circumstances surrounding Alvin Harper's long catch and run. I remember it being a big play which essentially sealed the game, but I'd forgotten those little details.

It was the very first play of the drive following the 49ers TD which had cut the lead to 4. Cowboys were on their own 20 and needed at least 2 first downs to put the game away. San Fran had all the momentum and Candlestick was rocking.

Conventional wisdom would say play it a bit safe and work the clock with Emmitt and the great OL, but Troy and the 'Boys came out slinging it through the air. I think that probably caught the 49ers off-guard.

As an aside, Kelvin Martin's TD was extremely close. I'm surprised 49er fans aren't bitching to this day that Martin's knee was down. :lol
You know who kicked ass in this game?

Moose.

Son of a bitch recovered a fumble and caught a bunch of key short passes.

He also scored a cheap TD.

Man, I really need some real games. I am freaking out on old shit.

But it is fun. We need to appreciate what excellence looks like.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Madden had him as his 1st half MVP.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, Jerry Rice was a colossal fag.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I forgot how big of a cunt Ricky Watters was.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Oh yeah, that's why it was so badass.

Love the later interviews of Aikman where he talks about how he thought Irvin was going to be running that route because he had made Alvin switch sides every time they'd called it before. Troy hesitated for a minute -- you could tell he didn't totally trust Harper -- but at the last second said hell with it, I'm going to fling it anyway.

Amazing stuff. Probably my favorite Cowboys play ever. You should've seen the fern I sent flying.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Norton INT was awesome to see again.

I forgot how I was screaming at the TV and how awesome that play felt.

It was not a real good play from Norton as much as Lett rushed Young to throw.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jesus. I am watching this shit in my man cave and I am getting excited.

Something is really wrong with me.

data

Forbes #1
moot detail now but I was royally pissed at the time. After Alvin Harper's slant and run, there was still plenty of time for the 49ers if we only kicked a FG.

Refs stopped the clock after Harpers run, signaling out of bounds, but Harper's knee clearly down first and 40 more seconds should've run off the clock.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
[sUMMERALL] Aikman quickly. The pass to Harper...Harper off to the races, they are going to run it down however...[/SUMMERALL]

~sigh~

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Even in shit time, we rubbed it in.

Kenny Gant was a terrible DB.

But he did his shark dance after a late incompletion.

We won that game with so much style.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If you were old enough to remember The Catch, that made it all the sweeter. Norton's INT should have ended it, but I didn't exhale 'til the Washington pick.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
If you were old enough to remember The Catch, that made it all the sweeter. Norton's INT should have ended it, but I didn't exhale 'til the Washington pick.
I've never been able to stand players like Norton Jr. that sign with "The Enemy" though. Pisses me off to no end and makes me want to whip their asses even more.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I watched SB XXX with a buddy at his house while consuming a few(Okay, a lot) of beers. He lived next door to a bar and when it started looking like the outcome was in doubt, we went there and watched on their TV. We were in an advanced state of inebriation but it wore off completely when the game was over. Hugged each other and jumped around like a couple of idiots.

When we won after the '92 season after that long drought, I was watching in my apartment on a little 13" TV. I had just split with my b!tch of a wife and was a little down for awhile but I completely forgot about it that night. Jumped up out of my chair and basically went batshit.

Damn, I'm really missing football.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Even in shit time, we rubbed it in.

Kenny Gant was a terrible DB.

But he did his shark dance after a late incompletion.

We won that game with so much style.
I loved beating the snot out of the Bills in XXVII. I couldn't stand Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas so watching them walk away with their heads down was sweet. I think it was like the fourth time in a row they had lost a SB or something like that.

midswat

... soon
Kenny Gant made himself a lot of money with that shark dance. I think just the hype surrounding him being a fan favorite turned into a large contract with Tampa bay IIRC.

And yeah, Washington was the MVP of that game. One of my first heartaches as a fan when he signed with the Redskins the following offseason.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Kenny Gant made himself a lot of money with that shark dance. I think just the hype surrounding him being a fan favorite turned into a large contract with Tampa bay IIRC.

And yeah, Washington was the MVP of that game. One of my first heartaches as a fan when he signed with the Redskins the following offseason.
I remember Washington for yet another reason. He apparently had a speech impediment and with the cameras trained on him he was running along the sidelines yelling Tuper Bowl Tuper Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom