2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Nothing better to do right now so I switch to the NFLN because it's Cowboys vs. 49ers but the guide doesn't give the year the game was played.

So, of course they're airing "The Catch" playoff game from '82. SMFH. Now I'll see that BS in my sleep later.

Danny, Danny, Danny.
Yep. White fumbled again. No matter how many times I watch it he always fumbles on that play. :art

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yep. White fumbled again. No matter how many times I watch it he always fumbles on that play. :art
The thing that's a shame is those were still some good teams fully capable of winning a SB. Danny was a good QB but he had a bad habit of choking when the lights really came on. Wasn't there one play where Landry yelled "No Danny, no!" from the sidelines right before he threw a pick?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
The thing that's a shame is those were still some good teams fully capable of winning a SB. Danny was a good QB but he had a bad habit of choking when the lights really came on. Wasn't there one play where Landry yelled "No Danny, no!" from the sidelines right before he threw a pick?
1983 vs the Skins. On 4th down, he was just supposed to try to draw the Skins offsides on a long snap count, but instead he ran the play and the RB was nailed for a loss.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yep.

Funny how Danny White was just a tragic little figure. A lot like Romo in a way. He always came up small in the big games.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yep.

Funny how Danny White was just a tragic little figure. A lot like Romo in a way. He always came up small in the big games.
Indeed, he could never lead the team over the hump. Landry rarely showed much emotion on the sideline too and I think that was one of the few times that he really lost it.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Didn't realize it until just now but Cowboys vs. Squealers from last year is on NFL Network now. Not many things better than beating them in Pittsburgh. Shove your terrible towels up your ass.
:towel

DLK150

DCC 4Life
The Cowboys versus the Forty Whiners NFC title game from 1993 after the 1992 seasons is on at 3 AM eastern on NFLN. Hell, I'll probably be up so I'll watch it if I am.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Danny White was a murcle.
Gawd, I remember some Cowboys fans where I lived almost begging for him to take the reins from Roger back in the late 70s after we started falling short at the end of the season. Jack of all trades, master of none.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Cowboys versus the Forty Whiners NFC title game from 1993 after the 1992 seasons is on at 3 AM eastern on NFLN. Hell, I'll probably be up so I'll watch it if I am.
You must have the same bug I do. Caught the NFLN show on the Niners/Cowboys rivalry from the 1990s and I got all fired up...I wish I had the games on demand.

Maybe it is just me being an old fuck, but those games were always classic. Ratcheted up and intense. You just don't see that kind of rivalry anymore. It was perhaps the last great rivalry for this league.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
You must have the same bug I do. Caught the NFLN show on the Niners/Cowboys rivalry from the 1990s and I got all fired up...I wish I had the games on demand.

Maybe it is just me being an old fuck, but those games were always classic. Ratcheted up and intense. You just don't see that kind of rivalry anymore. It was perhaps the last great rivalry for this league.
I always wondered how things might have been different had they let Montana start over Young in those 92 playoffs.

And I always thank God they didn't.

BTW the NFL Films coverage of that game is fantastic.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

The Cowboys/Packers back in the 90s was pretty intense but we usually got the best of them, even when they had a young Favruh. The Cardinals back when they were still in the NFCE.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Caught the second half of the classic 1992 NFC Champ game yesterday afternoon and watched every play. Absolutely epic. Pisses me off that I can't feel the same way about this team like I did about that one. Thanks Jones Boys/Garrett.

But I'd actually forgotten how Jimmy didn't kick the FG up 11 with only a few minutes left. I get always being aggressive, but that was pretty stupid. Could easily have cost them the game.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Caught the second half of the classic 1992 NFC Champ game yesterday afternoon and watched every play. Absolutely epic. Pisses me off that I can't feel the same way about this team like I did about that one. Thanks Jones Boys/Garrett.

But I'd actually forgotten how Jimmy didn't kick the FG up 11 with only a few minutes left. I get always being aggressive, but that was pretty stupid. Could easily have cost them the game.
Jimmy was a good coach but those teams had talent and depth up the ass, too. Free agency sucked that talent pool dry over time.

Man, I'm starting to pine for the old days. :sad

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That infuriated me at the time as well. That and Elliott missing a simple extra point.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It is interesting how as time goes by, you forget the little things. This was a game where we were getting beat decently in the early going. But a fumbled punt and a Ricky Watters fumble were responsible for our first ten points.

I remembered way more about the second half.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know who was a good player? Thomas Everett. Little short dude was in on everything.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And yeah, that play where Maryland ripped Young's helmet off was impactful.

Made that little 'mo run scared the rest of the game.

I forgot how much I loved that play and how much I fucking hated Steve Young.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom