2017 Cowboys Free Agency Thread...

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
WTF?

Greory's talent did not project well to the pro's?
There were some questions about his weight and size playing the position at the pro level. Talent? Maybe not so much.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
WTF?

Greory's talent did not project well to the pro's?
Sure before the draft weight and size posed some questions regarding Gregory's future as a down lineman, but my observation was that his college talent hasn't projected into the pros since he was drafted.

He was an undersized one-trick pony who needed seasoning before starting.

Instead they started him and squared him off against a starting LT game one, and it got him injured.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Instead they started him and squared him off against a starting LT game one, and it got him injured.
Ravi, you have made some really outlandish claims over the past year regarding so many aspects of this team.

Whether it was Dak and our offense, or talent evaluation, a lot of the stuff you've said has no basis and it just feels like you're saying stuff just to say it because you don't care for how that respective issue is being handled by the team.

In the case of Gregory, you don't have to like the player if you don't want to. You'd be right to call the guy a mistake as well. But to sit here and say that the reason the guy suffered a high ankle sprain in week 1 of 2015 is because he was a slender guy who went up against a big LT is just absolute nonsense.

Such was his fragility that he snapped like a twig in his first NFL game?

Give me a break.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Sanchez has signed with Chicago.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
In the case of Gregory, you don't have to like the player if you don't want to. You'd be right to call the guy a mistake as well. But to sit here and say that the reason the guy suffered a high ankle sprain in week 1 of 2015 is because he was a slender guy who went up against a big LT is just absolute nonsense.

Such was his fragility that he snapped like a twig in his first NFL game?

Give me a break.
This is guy needed seasoning and to be used as a situational rusher while his body adjusted to the NFL and he learned more moves. He was slender and got the same injury Lawrence did in his first camp going against Tyron. Like Gregory, Lawrence was undersized.

The defensive coaches made similar public comments about each after their rehabs, claiming they had gained size.

Why mention size at all publicly if it wasn't a factor?

Watch the replay of Gregory's injury and you can see he's locked 1-on-1 with an OT and his leg gives out as he's trying to push through the block.

The announcer even uses the word "buckled" during the replay.

What else is there to say? Call it an agenda if you want, but what happened is the truth.

As for the rest, I realize its popular board opinion to claim I'm making outlandish claims by saying Dak didn't throw enough downfield as a rookie passer, or that a healthy Tony Romo is a better passer than any rookie in the same situation, or that Beasley is a role player who should not lead the team in catches-- omg such outlandishness!

Mainly some don't like being disagreed with.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
At what weight do you have to be to not have an ankle sprain since that's the way you prevent them?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
At what weight do you have to be to not have an ankle sprain since that's the way you prevent them?
Until you learn how to gain leverage as a rusher you're at risk for injury. As a rookie you're already behind the conditioning curve. Being undersized is another hurdle to overcome as a lineman who's going to get punched on almost every play.

Gregory checked all of the above and was asked to start week 1. Wasn't fair to him.

I know you're being facetious, but do you disagree with what I've just said?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Until you learn how to gain leverage as a rusher you're at risk for injury. As a rookie you're already behind the conditioning curve. Being undersized is another hurdle to overcome as a lineman who's going to get punched on almost every play.

Gregory checked all of the above and was asked to start week 1. Wasn't fair to him.

I know you're being facetious, but do you disagree with what I've just said?
I agree but I disagree that you can say it's a given that we going to happen to him. Just stop it because it could have happened to anybody.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The bigger the better. There isn't a cut off but Ravi says that the bigger a Dlineman is the better he plays. So 400 is preferable.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I agree but I disagree that you can say it's a given that we going to happen to him. Just stop it because it could have happened to anybody.
He had more risk factors than most, which is why I was so unhappy they heaped so much on him so early.

I dont think I said it was a given, but if I did I only meant to indicate the added risk.

The bigger the better. There isn't a cut off but Ravi says that the bigger a Dlineman is the better he plays. So 400 is preferable.
A 400 pound lineman likely wouldn't have been given a first round talent grade. If he had been, then of course he'd be near the top of the draft.

That Harvard study was empirical within the bounds of candidates who had already been graded. It's not like they included sumo wrestlers or som opera divas in their sampling.

For DL the results were clear, within the same pool of talent the bigger ones were consistently more successful.

Top Bottom