2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Well we’re not UCF, so we keep the bar a little higher.

Sorry not sorry
Correct, UCF has had a ton more success than you all recently.

Oh yes, I did.

Cotton

Staff member
It has come out now that University of Arkansas came after our AD Hocutt. He turned them down, [MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION]. Sorry.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member
I must say, this has been the most entertaining coaching search in the history of the NCAA.

midswat

... soon
Correct, UCF has had a ton more success than you all recently.

Oh yes, I did.
They have?

This year? Sure. Recently though? Idk.... How far back you going?

This year has been a dumpster fire for us. Worst season in our history - losing 8 games. Didn't UCF just go 0-12 two years ago? Also, UT has won three straight bowl games. Does UCF have three bowl wins in their history?

Enjoy this season UCF. It's a cinderella year and you're likely to end up what, MAYBE 10th at seasons end.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

@ Texas Tech fans.
:lol:towel

:laff

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member
They have?

This year? Sure. Recently though? Idk.... How far back you going?

This year has been a dumpster fire for us. Worst season in our history - losing 8 games. Didn't UCF just go 0-12 two years ago? Also, UT has won three straight bowl games. Does UCF have three bowl wins in their history?

Enjoy this season UCF. It's a cinderella year and you're likely to end up what, MAYBE 10th at seasons end.
Their last two years have been bad, but they were 21-1 just 2 years before that and 10-4 the year before that. Then 9-4 the year after. They have had some great success over the past 6 years.

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Dumpster. Fire.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Can't make this up Jimmy Haslam has been running the VOLS athletic dept for years. Yep, the incompetent owner of the Browns. He wanted his buddy Schiano in the first place.

AD John Currie went rogue and met with Leach without Haslams approval. Reports say Currie has either been fired or stripped of certain powers. In other words they probably don't want to pay his buyout and will continue to the search without him with Haslam calling the shots as usual.

Dumpster fire will continue as long as Haslam is allowed to be in control.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

What a mess.

midswat

... soon
Can't make this up Jimmy Haslam has been running the VOLS athletic dept for years. Yep, the incompetent owner of the Browns. He wanted his buddy Schiano in the first place.

AD John Currie went rogue and met with Leach without Haslams approval. Reports say Currie has either been fired or stripped of certain powers. In other words they probably don't want to pay his buyout and will continue to the search without him with Haslam calling the shots as usual.

Dumpster fire will continue as long as Haslam is allowed to be in control.
If fulmer takes over as AD, then he won’t be a Haslam yes man.

Not sure if the university makes this move though.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is going to be entertaining over the next 3-4 years. Here is what I can tell you about Leach that has been proven over time:

1. It is going to take a couple of years for him to get going. I wouldn't expect many changes in the record until then. You might get lucky and win a few more games this season.

2. He pretty much has Aspergers. He says a lot of funny and entertaining things but he also gets hyper focused on the oddest things to the point of obsession. Sometimes this will cause a major problem with people around him. If someone pisses him off he will drill down on that issue and never leave it alone. This is a problem with his superiors and people that he works with. If something turns bitter you might as well write him off.

3. He will break your heart. His teams will usually play hard but even his best teams will completely shit the bad at the most inopportune time. This won't go well in Tennessee at all. Tech fans tend to overlook things like that because they generally have a low self esteem.

4. He's had one amazing season that ended in shitting the bed in the worst way. Other than that, he improved Tech's team by a couple of game per season. What he does as a coach will never get you over the hump becasue he's not a championship type of coach. Don't get me wrong, he is good but not a guy that you ride to a trophy.

5. He hates recruiting. He will never land a recruit on his own.

6. He won't play politics or attend many fundraisers. This is one of the the biggest downsides for Tennessee IMO. You guys need someone who will give an occassional reach around and play the system. He will never do that. He won't even show up to scheduled events at times. If he does, he will be late and disinterested. He is incapable of participating in something that wasn't his idea or that doesn't interst him.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
This is going to be entertaining over the next 3-4 years. Here is what I can tell you about Leach that has been proven over time:
Leach was down the list for me and never thought he was a realistic option. Not sold on the air raid and no running game. But when it came down to guys like Schiano or Doeren. Doeren's best year at NC State was 8 wins and had a worse resume than the guy TN just fired. If we were going to settle for guys whose ceiling was likely 8-9 wins then Leach would've at least been entertaining and keep things interesting.

But this has been a total cluster from the get-go. If they rolled out the $7mil type offer from the beginning like they offered Gundy I thick they could've landed a solid HC. Instead they targeted Schiano from day one. Haslam apparently has ties to him and was interested in him for the Browns in '14.

With Haslam in charge and a power struggle between Fulmer and the puppet AD it's just been a complete dumpster fire and looks like they will probably have no options left other than an unproven assistant or lower level FCS type coach.

midswat

... soon
Leach was down the list for me and never thought he was a realistic option. Not sold on the air raid and no running game. But when it came down to guys like Schiano or Doeren. Doeren's best year at NC State was 8 wins and had a worse resume than the guy TN just fired. If we were going to settle for guys whose ceiling was likely 8-9 wins then Leach would've at least been entertaining and keep things interesting.

But this has been a total cluster from the get-go. If they rolled out the $7mil type offer from the beginning like they offered Gundy I thick they could've landed a solid HC. Instead they targeted Schiano from day one. Haslam apparently has ties to him and was interested in him for the Browns in '14.

With Haslam in charge and a power struggle between Fulmer and the puppet AD it's just been a complete dumpster fire and looks like they will probably have no options left other than an unproven assistant or lower level FCS type coach.
We're going to end up with a good coach. :art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom