2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Nervous excitement building. Especially with Georgia's loss.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
ND/Miami is a great matchup.

Rare you get the best OL against one of the best front four units in the country.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Aside from Miss State and Bama, all the big games today have been a huge disappointment. nothing but lopsided blowouts.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I didn't think ND would waltz into Miami and kick the Canes' ass all over the place but nothing could prepare me for this carnage.

Oh look, they remembered they have tight ends. SMFH.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Just read that Derek Dooley has been granted an interview at a previous coaching stop as their next head coach.

D

Deuce

Butch Jones officially fired.

:towel

midswat

... soon
Regarding Gruden:

Approached three times by big money boosters. Balked first two times. Verbally agreed third time. Issues was more about amount of control he'd have at the program than money. Same boosters also agreed to cover Butch's buy out. AD needs big money booster support to cover buy out and more importantly, a 300+ million stadium renovation in the next few years.

Source: Friend since 7th grade who's family is a part of the big money booster group.

Do I expect any of you to believe this? Probably not. After all, I've been message boarding with you all for twenty years and I'm always claiming sources. Plus, it makes a lot of sense for me to fake message board insider on a relatively obscure college team that literally none of you follow except me. :flip

Go Vols. Take your shots. IDGAF

PS - a lot of snarky comments from so many of you who "don't care if Gruden is hired."

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Regarding Gruden:

Approached three times by big money boosters. Balked first two times. Verbally agreed third time. Issues was more about amount of control he'd have at the program than money. Same boosters also agreed to cover Butch's buy out. AD needs big money booster support to cover buy out and more importantly, a 300+ million stadium renovation in the next few years.

Source: Friend since 7th grade who's family is a part of the big money booster group.

Do I expect any of you to believe this? Probably not. After all, I've been message boarding with you all for twenty years and I'm always claiming sources. Plus, it makes a lot of sense for me to fake message board insider on a relatively obscure college team that literally none of you follow except me. :flip

Go Vols. Take your shots. IDGAF

PS - a lot of snarky comments from so many of you who "don't care if Gruden is hired."
This is the amazing info that we have all been clamoring for. Bravo!

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Does Gruden still make a lot of faces and call really long plays? That's the most fascinating thing about him.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Naw, of Gruden ends up at Tennessee it will bring a fun element to college football. I think he'll be in for a rude awakening when he finds out how much of a grind the college game is. It will be fun to see if he can make a go of it. His fame will draw recruits for sure. I don't think that has been Tennessee's problem though. They have just been underachievers for a long time and need new culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom