Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Wow.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
College refs are the absolute worst when it comes allowing the players to have fun.

If you don’t go full Barry Sanders and simply hand them the ball after a score they immediately come running up to you bitching in your face.

I’d understand it if the players were trying to pull off rehearsed coordinated celebrations like NFL players, but every week I notice that as soon as a couple of players get together to do something as simple as a high-five the refs will come charging over barking to break it up.

D

Deuce

College refs are the absolute worst when it comes allowing the players to have fun.

If you don’t go full Barry Sanders and simply hand them the ball after a score they immediately come running up to you bitching in your face.

I’d understand it if the players were trying to pull off rehearsed coordinated celebrations like NFL players, but every week I notice that as soon as a couple of players get together to do something as simple as a high-five the refs will come charging over barking to break it up.
Not only that, but this wasn't for a celebration. It was a high step and he literally did it for like 1 step before he stopped. Ridiculous.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Gator fans have been flooding twitter with photoshops of Scott Frost in UF garb for the past couple of days. Those entitled, redneck asswipes can F off. I hope Frost stays and gives them the middle finger. They’ll come up with some sort of excuse why it was them that didn’t want him, but I thoroughly enjoy watching them slide into mediocrity.
They won't get Frost.

Everyone knows he'll take the Nebraska job when it opens soon. :unsure

D

Deuce

They won't get Frost.

It might be (probably is) my black and gold glasses, but he's a different type of guy who I don't think jumps to that job asap. He wants to see things through, and that starts with the program he built on the freshman and sophmores he currently has. He doesn't care too much for money as he has it from his pro days and the nice chunk he gets from Phil Knight, but he does want his assistants taken care of and UCF has done a great job of raising money in the last week to increase their annual salaries.

I do think he goes to Nebraska eventually, just not this offseason.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not only that, but this wasn't for a celebration. It was a high step and he literally did it for like 1 step before he stopped. Ridiculous.
Yeah Iowa's RB go tagged for high stepping earlier in the year and they took the TD off the board. It's so stupid.

And the sad thing is there is a real football purpose for high stepping. When you're out in front of the defenders high stepping can actually prevent them from tripping you up. I have no idea how a ref can make the judgement that a player is excessively celebrating by high stepping. That would be like penalizing a guy for juking in the open field if no one is near him.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Extremely ridiculous, and it cost them the game.

midswat

... soon
They won't get Frost.

Frost is too talented and I'd say too smart to end up at Nebraska. I don't care about his ties to that school... he could do much better somewhere else.

D

Deuce

Frost is too talented and I'd say too smart to end up at Nebraska. I don't care about his ties to that school... he could do much better somewhere else.
My biggest worry is if/when Taggart falls apart of Oregon. Uncle Phil will throw $10M/year at Scott.

midswat

... soon
I’ll just leave this here...

midswat

... soon

But please, continue thinking I’m full of shit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

But please, continue thinking I’m full of shit.
So Butch is NOT getting fired until the end of the season if that and Gruden might be the first choice....doesn't sound like the done deal you were making it out to be

Just face it you're getting Mike Bobo at best :art

midswat

... soon
“We’re making it out to be?”

Why is that past tense? I’m still making it out to be. It is a done deal. I stand by that. You’ll see.

Like I said the other day, look for this to start getting more national play. Sure enough it has and that will continue until the day he is announced.

Carry on though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom