2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I’m so hoping for a Chan Gailey type hire. I just want to see this thread burn for a day.
I think there's a chance you could get your wish. When teams bring in new coaches they tend to bring in someone whose personality is the opposite of the previous head coach.

Players' coach to disciplinarian, disciplinarian to players' coach....lather, rinse, repeat.

Butch Jones is a bit of a fiery coach, so the natural order of the coaching change cycle suggests that a mild mannered Chan Gailey type is next up for the job.

Jones himself replaced mild-mannered players' coach Derek Dooley.

Bringing in fiery Gruden on the heels of a fiery guy like Jones would be a radical move that completely contrasts the natural rotation of coach hires.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Kliff will lose this for us in epic fashion. Most likely not being able to adjust on offense and our offense going stagnant. I’ve seen it more than once.

midswat

... soon
I think there's a chance you could get your wish. When teams bring in new coaches they tend to bring in someone whose personality is the opposite of the previous head coach.

Players' coach to disciplinarian, disciplinarian to players' coach....lather, rinse, repeat.

Butch Jones is a bit of a fiery coach, so the natural order of coaching the change cycle suggests that a mild mannered Chan Gailey type is next up for the job.

Jones himself replaced mild-mannered players' coach Derek Dooley.

Bringing in fiery Gruden on the heels of a fiery guy like Jones would be a radical move that completely contrasts the natural rotation of coach hires.
Jesus Christ.

Jon. Gruden. Is. The. Next. Football. Coach. At. The. University. Of. Tennessee.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The defense only gave up 7 points after the first quarter.

Way to screw us over, Tech. Mike Stoops gets to be comfortable for a week.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The defense only gave up 7 points after the first quarter.

Way to screw us over, Tech. Mike Stoops gets to be comfortable for a week.
Lol. I think I told you this would happen.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I read they're still trying to find a loophole so they can fire him with cause and not have to pay the buyout.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Don't you just love the Sooners? #AmericasTeam

D

Deuce

Gator fans have been flooding twitter with photoshops of Scott Frost in UF garb for the past couple of days. Those entitled, redneck asswipes can F off. I hope Frost stays and gives them the middle finger. They’ll come up with some sort of excuse why it was them that didn’t want him, but I thoroughly enjoy watching them slide into mediocrity.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

midswat

... soon
Nyuk nyuk nyuk

Tennessee has a real coach now. New era in Tennessee. I’m excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom