2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nah. All are products of the institution and that's who you are promoting.
I was only poking fun...

But clearly it does insinuate that Kliff actually had something to do with the success of Amendola and Crabtree.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't see the correlation, but okay.
Really? So nobody uses past achievements to promote their schools in the CFB realm?

You seem to have picked a really silly thing to take issue with.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I was only poking fun...

But clearly it does insinuate that Kliff actually had something to do with the success of Amendola and Crabtree.
The stats have to do with receiving yards by TT players in the NFL. Kingsbury also coaches at the same place. He's pretty much in the marketing material.

It would be like a school chancellor going on TV and talking about how students have gone on in industry and achieved great things. Because TT is awesome and stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
The stats have to do with receiving yards by TT players in the NFL. Kingsbury also coaches at the same place. He's pretty much in the marketing material.

It would be like a school chancellor going on TV and talking about how students have gone on in industry and achieved great things. Because TT is awesome and stuff.
What would one expect them to do, put Tubberville in the image? :nodno

D

Deuce

Really? So nobody uses past achievements to promote their schools in the CFB realm?

You seem to have picked a really silly thing to take issue with.
Coach Kliff is a past achievement?

Low standards.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They could have used one of Kliffs former offensive coaches at Tech......

Art Briles

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What would one expect them to do, put Tubberville in the image? :nodno
I probably would have left him off the graphic entirely like any normal person would do. But then again someone from Tech probably made the flier ...

Cotton

Staff member
I probably would have left him off the graphic entirely like any normal person would do. But then again someone from Tech probably made the flier ...
He is their head coach currently. I'm not understanding this crying.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is their head coach currently. I'm not understanding this crying.
Is his face on everything that has to do with Tech? Is he also on your Texas Tech bathroom towels? Or is his face plastered on your Texas Tech bedspread?

Wait don't answer that :tippytoe

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I probably would have left all of the gay out of your post but then again ... uh, your mom!

Cotton

Staff member
Is his face on everything that has to do with Tech? Is he also on your Texas Tech bathroom towels? Or is his face plastered on your Texas Tech bedspread?

Wait don't answer that :tippytoe
In regards to Tech football, yeah his face is on just about everything.... you know, like 99% of every college in history ever.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
In regards to Tech football, yeah his face is on just about everything.... you know, like 99% of every college in history ever.
Funny, Alabama has an actual legendary football coach and you don't see his face plastered all over stuff that has nothing to do with him.

Could you imagine them just randomly throwing Saban's face on something like that?

Cotton

Staff member
That's about a single player, not the team as a whole.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's about a single player, not the team as a whole.
Um, was that graphic not really just about the two former Tech WR's pictured? That really has nothing to do with the team as a whole.

Cotton

Staff member
Um, was that graphic not really just about the two former Tech WR's pictured? That really has nothing to do with the team as a whole.
You might want to go back and look at it again.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Basically the thing is saying, hey lookie here we produce some pretty good WRs because we pass the ball a lot. In the last 5 years guys from our school have done better than anyone else from the Big 12. Oh and here's a picture of our coach. Because he coaches here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom