2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'm sure that I'll be back to my normal manic depressive self as soon as they get spanked.
You mean, this week versus OSU?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The recruiting coordinator from Texas State got in touch with my boy today. He's going on an official visit in a few weeks. Pretty exciting stuff.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Soooo UT's defense is good but the offense sucks? Is that what I'm seeing?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe. USC may not have been as formitable as the pollsters indicated. Iowa State can hardly be given an example of an elite offense. It's hard to really know about the Longhorns defense but they are obviously above average there.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Maybe. USC may not have been as formitable as the pollsters indicated. Iowa State can hardly be given an example of an elite offense. It's hard to really know about the Longhorns defense but they are obviously above average there.
I got a kick out of Herbstreit gushing over the Longhorns for beating Iowa State.

You know the Texas program is down when ESPN is fawning all over them for pulling out an unimpressive 17-7 win over a mediocre at best program.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yes.

I've made a few comments about that myself throughout this season.

If only we had this year's defense with last year's offense, we'd be set.

Funny how the defensive guru in Charlie Strong could never fix the defense and now the supposed offensive guru in Tom Herman managed to take a pretty good offense and turn it into a bad one.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
No, but we've managed to allow a combined total of 34 points over our last 3 games.

That's the lowest 3 game total allowed by our defense since like 2011.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got a kick out of Herbstreit gushing over the Longhorns for beating Iowa State.

You know the Texas program is down when ESPN is fawning all over them for pulling out an unimpressive 17-7 win over a mediocre at best program.
Not even a dominant win. Hell they needed an unsportsmanlike on a third down sack to even get to 17.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm gonna go out on a ledge here and say this will be a close game tomorrow against OSU. I might even get excited and predict a win.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm gonna go out on a ledge here and say this will be a close game tomorrow against OSU. I might even get excited and predict a win.
Are you talking about the coin toss or the actual game?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I've done my part for karma. I watched Wazzu vs USC and cheered for Mike Leach. You guys are rolling over and I'm over here sacrificing my pride for the better of the team.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was thrilled to see WSU defeat usc for more than one reason. I like Leach and my suspicions about USC I believe are confirmed. They are highly overrated.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Techs defense is playing solid, a black out night game at home and the unis are super nice. I'm feeling pretty good about right now.

I wish I knew how to post IG here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZqnm2GgEcQ/
Well, there is code that would allow us to embed Instagram, but I can't access the code in the help forums because I can't verify our vBulletin license. Someone lost their damn email address that's needed to confirm it. Not naming any names or anything. But, his name is ~best Seinfeld voice~ Neeewman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom