2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bullshit. You’re throwing a tantrum like a child. It’s literally the only ammo you have in this thread right now.
I don't even think I realized how bad UT was this year until now. They literally went 0-8 in conference play. It literally doesn't get any worse than that. Even Vanderbilt kicked their teeth in and they could only go 1-7 in conference play.

I guess when you have a year like that all you can do is pick on other fans teams.

midswat

... soon
Bullshit. You’re throwing a tantrum like a child. It’s literally the only ammo you have in this thread right now.
How is me clowning [MENTION=12]Deuce[/MENTION] and UCF = throwing a temper tantrum?

And by your logic was everyone clowning Tennessee throwing a temper tantrum?

:lol. Explain to me how this works.

Also it’s all anyone is posting about in this thread. When something else interesting happens, I’m sure it’ll get discussed.

midswat

... soon
I don't even think I realized how bad UT was this year until now. They literally went 0-8 in conference play. It literally doesn't get any worse than that. Even Vanderbilt kicked their teeth in and they could only go 1-7 in conference play.

I guess when you have a year like that all you can do is pick on other fans teams.
Yeah it was bad. Like I’ve said repeatedly.... rock bottom.

Has nothing to do with me clowning fairy tale titles though. I used to be a cowboys fan. I got this “being a fan of a bad team down pat.

D

Deuce

If it’s his ammo, he’s shooting blanks. Much like in the national media, here we are on Thursday and UCF is still dominating this thread. It’s glorious. Danny White was on OTL killing it today while other ESPN writers went on Finebaum’s horrible show to defend UCF. King Kong ain’t got shit on him.

midswat

... soon
If it’s his ammo, he’s shooting blanks. Much like in the national media, here we are on Thursday and UCF is still dominating this thread. It’s glorious. Danny White was on OTL killing it today while other ESPN writers went on Finebaum’s horrible show to defend UCF. King Kong ain’t got shit on him.
:lol

You celebrating this is a testament to how irrelevant your school is.

Hey guis!!! Look they’re talking about us and our mythical title! We matter!

:lol

D

Deuce

Since middie thinks all we all we have to do is schedule harder teams, let’s look at what SEC schools have scheduled for next year to figure out who they will be willing to drop for a 13-0 team...

midswat

... soon
Since middie thinks all we all we have to do is schedule harder teams, let’s look at what SEC schools have scheduled for next year to figure out who they will be willing to drop for a 13-0 team...

It's not ME who thinks schedules matter. It's EVERYONE except UCF fans and your long time friends on this forum.

I'm not even talking about next year. Or two years from now. I'm talking about this year. This seasons schedules. Who did UGA and Alabama play, out of conference? It's in the article I posted earlier. Clearly dissected how weak your schedule was compared to others.

But if you want to talk about next year - and who plays who - how many SEC teams will be ranked in the top 25? Because on top of that out of conference schedule, (and yeah most people give Alabama fans shit for scheduling cupcakes, and I personally hate how easy UGA's schedule is) - they STILL have to navigate the SEC.

ACC teams have to play each other. SEC teams have to play each other. Big 12 teams have to play each other.

The conference you play in matters. And I'm sorry but the AAC doesn't measure up against those other conferences on a week to week basis.

midswat

... soon
God and that pic you posted just makes my point also.... you're trying to discredit those teams for playing what, 3 cupcakes?

But the quality of those opponents basically makes up 10 or 11 of your games each year.

Get it?

midswat

... soon
If you're a recruiting nerd, Under Armor All American Game is being played right now on ESPN 2.

Couple of future Vols (hopefully) on the field. :art

D

Deuce

God and that pic you posted just makes my point also.... you're trying to discredit those teams for playing what, 3 cupcakes?

But the quality of those opponents basically makes up 10 or 11 of your games each year.

Get it?
That was only part of my point. The main point was that’s who they want to play. Easy wins. Those same schools who claim we don’t play anybody aren’t but returning our calls to set up matchups.

You know now the last time one we played played Alabama? 2000. We beat them in tuskaloosa. Guess who they haven’t called allows to play lay since?

midswat

... soon
That was only part of my point. The main point was that’s who they want to play. Easy wins. Those same schools who claim we don’t play anybody aren’t but returning our calls to set up matchups.

You know now the last time one we played played Alabama? 2000. We beat them in tuskaloosa. Guess who they haven’t called allows to play lay since?
No, Deuce. Nick Saban isn’t afraid to play you.

Look at their out of conference schedule this year:

Opened against #3 FSU and played a 10 win Fresno State team and a 7-6 Colorado State team.

And again - they have to navigate the SEC which is no easy thing to do. Hell your raising fake banners because you beat a 4 loss SEC team.

midswat

... soon
Who does UCF play next year?

Because if you want me to get behind a Group of Five team in the playoffs, then I think they need to:

Go undefeated
Beat two respectable P5 teams
Have a decent conference overall.

You only had two of the three. Conference with Memphis and USF was good enough I guess.

But you played a bad 4-8 Maryland team and wouldn’t reschedule your Georgia Tech game. But even 4-8 Tennessee beat GT.

I think you said before that UCF plays UNC and Pittsburgh? If they are .500 or better, USF and Memphis (or at least 2 aac teams are solid 9-10 win teams) and you go undefeated then by all means I agree you deserve the CFP.

But not this year. Not with that schedule.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

Who does UCF play next year?

Because if you want me to get behind a Group of Five team in the playoffs, then I think they need to:

Go undefeated
Beat two respectable P5 teams
Have a decent conference overall.

You only had two of the three. Conference with Memphis and USF was good enough I guess.

But you played a bad 4-8 Maryland team and wouldn’t reschedule your Georgia Tech game. But even 4-8 Tennessee beat GT.

I think you said before that UCF plays UNC and Pittsburgh? If they are .500 or better, USF and Memphis (or at least 2 aac teams are solid 9-10 win teams) and you go undefeated then by all means I agree you deserve the CFP.

But not this year. Not with that schedule.
We can’t control what those teams do. Pitt looked solid late in the year behind their freshman QB, but bad early. UNC was a dumpster fire, but we scheduled them coming off a year they won their division. Just shows how much of a crapshoot scheduling is. We also get FAU and the Lane train.

midswat

... soon
I’d def count that FAU game as a quality win if they’re close to what they were this year.

Y’all should’ve hired Kiffin instead of Heupel

midswat

... soon
[MENTION=14]NoDak[/MENTION]. They just advertised the FCS championship - NDS vs JMU

Thoughts on the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom