2017 College Football Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Damn right. We're National Champs. Agree, disagree...I don't give a F. What we did this year is more impressive than a lot of the shared national titles that Bama and especially BYU has.
Somewhere out there, Ty Detmer and his magic underwear are placing a curse on you.

midswat

... soon
In this thread, your opinion literally means the least. So I'm good.
Irony is UCF becoming the butt of jokes that you so thoroughly enjoyed Tennessee being not that long ago.

Such a millennial snowflake move. We're UCF and we identify as a national champ!

Try not playing the 77th ranked strength of schedule before bragging about going undefeated.

:lol

Thanks for the laughs. This is hilarious.

midswat

... soon
Rumors are UCF are going to get Manti Te’o’s girlfriend to hang the banner.

D

Deuce

Irony is UCF becoming the butt of jokes that you so thoroughly enjoyed Tennessee being not that long ago.

Such a millennial snowflake move. We're UCF and we identify as a national champ!

Try not playing the 77th ranked strength of schedule before bragging about going undefeated.

Thanks for the laughs. This is hilarious.
Good thing we didn’t play Tennessee or our SOS would have been even worse.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So, Auburn beat the two teams in the NC gane and UCF beat Auburn while going undefeated.

If they want to hang a banner I have no problem with it. It isn’t their fault that the system sucks.

midswat

... soon

:lol :lol :lol

midswat

... soon
Good thing we didn’t play Tennessee or our SOS would have been even worse.
Would’ve been the perfect year to do it. Worst year in our history. That’s an amazing thing to do - never lose 8 games in a regular season before. Remember that time you went 0-12? Just two years ago, right?

It’s a shame you guys have to turn what was the greatest season your school will ever have into the butt of so many jokes with this fake championship thing.

Back to the pit of misery you go.

D

Deuce

Would’ve been the perfect year to do it. Worst year in our history. That’s an amazing thing to do - never lose 8 games in a regular season before. Remember that time you went 0-12? Just two years ago, right?

It’s a shame you guys have to turn what was the greatest season your school will ever have into the butt of so many jokes with this fake championship thing.

Back to the pit of misery you go.

What you’re apparently too stupid to figure out is that Danny White is a master marketer and he’s using the situation to his advantage and promote change. Does he expect people outside UCF and a few other markets trying to look cool to take this seriously? Of course not. But it’s keeping UCF and it’s amazing season in the headlines days after it’s game ended and leading up to the playoff finals. It continues to promote that the playoff needs to be expanded and open to all teams that’s had amazing seasons.

Aside from that, it’s awesome for our players who will get rings and a parade at Walt Disney World. It’s awesome for the assistant coaches who are being given National Championship bonuses that were in their contract. It’s awesome for fans like me who can continue to support my school in ways after the seasons over. If you think I haven’t already ordered my t-shirt, you’re fooling yourself.

midswat

... soon
It’s pathetic and turning what was as good a season as UCF fans will ever experience into the butt of jokes.

If you want to be taken seriously, play a real schedule. It’s not rocket science.

midswat

... soon
Also.... no, it isn’t going to “promote change.”

Just like the “not my president!” snowflakes aren’t getting Trump impeached. Your AD and much of your fan base are acting like idiots and no one is taking this serious.

There is no way you can look at your schedule, and compare it to the other teams in the tournament, and argue that you should’ve been there.

Sorry not sorry

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going back on twitter and laughing at everyone mocking your school.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
UCF is working with what they have and doing a fine job of it. The players are bonding and throwing a big middle finger up to everyone. I can get down with the entire us against the world mentality.

After watching what they did to Baylor and then Auburn they’ve earned my respect. I honestly fully expected them to get demolished against Baylor a few years back and they didn’t. To me, that was an anomaly at the time. Then they beat a good Auburn team this season. They certainly stepped up on the big stage when it counted.

Not to harp on a point but Tennessee has 4 times the resources and flailed around like idiots for multiple years. There is no excuse for what that program has become.

D

Deuce

It’s pathetic and turning what was as good a season as UCF fans will ever experience into the butt of jokes.

If you want to be taken seriously, play a real schedule. It’s not rocket science.
:lol okay smart guy. Apparently real life is like NCAA football video games where you can schedule anyone you want.

Most P5 teams don’t want to play us cause it means taking on a potential loss. The only ones willing to play are mid-tier to low level P5 teams. Next year we get UNC and Pitt. Not horrid, but it’s the best we can get.

Maybe you can put put in a good word with those big, bad SEC schools?

D

Deuce

UCF is working with what they have and doing a fine job of it. The players are bonding and throwing a big middle finger up to everyone. I can get down with the entire us against the world mentality.

After watching what they did to Baylor and then Auburn they’ve earned my respect. I honestly fully expected them to get demolished against Baylor a few years back and they didn’t. To me, that was an anomaly at the time. Then they beat a good Auburn team this season. They certainly stepped up on the big stage when it counted.

Not to harp on a point but Tennessee has 4 times the resources and flailed around like idiots for multiple years. There is no excuse for what that program has become.
Absolutely. SEC teams get what? $40M a year just in their tv deal? All most of their teams do is squander it.

We get $2M a year.

midswat

... soon
Absolutely. SEC teams get what? $40M a year just in their tv deal? All most of their teams do is squander it.

We get $2M a year.
Then join a real conference. Play real opponents. Stop being irrelevant.

Or....

Continue to be a stepping stone school in an irrelevant conference and hanging fictional banners like retards.

midswat

... soon
Well first off, let me say this.... by no means am I going to brag about what Tennessee has done lately as a means of suggesting I'm satisfied with their performance lately. The fact is, UT has been underachieving ever since they fired Phil Fulmer. Maybe a year or two prior to that, leading to his release.

Still, to suggest we've "flailed around like idiots for multiple years" isn't correct either. Prior to this past season, we won 9 games back to back and won three consecutive bowl games. All with Jimmy Haslam puppet AD's and as bad a head coach as you can have in Butch Jones at the helm. Seasons similar to what Auburn had, when it was all said and done.

I know, I know, you're going to counter and say "Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia!" And I'll absolutely agree. But that just points to my original point - that it matters who you play. Your schedule matters.

Going undefeated while beating the likes of ECU (3-9), Cincinatti (4-8), Connecticut (3-9), a .500 FCS school, playing in a weak conference, beating only one ranked opponent when they were 20th overall, etc ultimately will not get your school into the college football playoffs. Nor should it.

Hell the conference runner up, Memphis, lost its bowl game at home, to a 7-5 Iowa State team. Not that impressive.

Lastly, I've acknowledged time and time again in this thread that the Vols are at rock bottom right now. I'm very optimistic that things will be turned around now that the Chancellor has installed a Fulmer as AD and removed the Haslam influence. Pruitt has a roster to overhaul and new systems to put in place, but I'm expecting 8-9 wins this coming year and to get better shortly thereafter. Because, like you said, we have the resources.

Pretty sure Texas Tech has far more resources than UCF as well. Pretty sure they've definitely flailed around like idiots almost as far back as I can remember. Just sayin . . .

D

Deuce

Funny how the Playoff Committee has different standards to get in for each conference.

AAC - Your Conference, schedule and everything sucks. Never for you.

Big 12 - Good teams, but no Conference title game so sorry.

SEC - Hell, we’ll take you even if you don’t win your own division!

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Funny how the Playoff Committee has different standards to get in for each conference.

AAC - Your Conference, schedule and everything sucks. Never for you.

Big 12 - Good teams, but no Conference title game so sorry.

SEC - Hell, we’ll take you even if you don’t win your own division!
Glad to see you now see that the SEC has had a lot of favoritism especially Alabama.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Let's just get this out of the way right now - Texas Tech is a boring disappointment.

How bout that basketball team though...:unsure

D

Deuce

Glad to see you now see that the SEC has had a lot of favoritism especially Alabama.
Everyone outside the SEC see’s it and has seen it for a long time. It just took certain people longer to see than others. I think a lot of the Big 12 didn’t see it until they were shunned a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom