2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of guys on Twitter ripping it too. When the alternative is a tweaner DB give me the dominant RB
I think the problem is that shouldn't have been the alternative. A year ago I would have been thrilled with Elliott in the first this draft. But that's back when I thought we would be picking in the 20's possibly. Just not very exciting for a 4 pick. A trade down could have gotten us a lot more impact overall.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A few minutes before the draft started RB coach Gary Brown was the only position coach in the War Room. He sat next to Garrett and looked pretty happy.
Good eye. I missed that.

dallen

Senior Tech
I was just glad it wasn't Ramsey. The way things fell, it was either Elliot or trade out, for me.
Yeah, and without knowing what offers we had I'll just assume we did the right thing. I mean, if they were offering less than a high 3rd to go down to seven they can go fork themselves.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I was just glad it wasn't Ramsey. The way things fell, it was either Elliot or trade out, for me.
Same here, I'm not a fan of taking a rb that high but it is better than Jalen friggin Ramsey

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, and without knowing what offers we had I'll just assume we did the right thing. I mean, if they were offering less than a high 3rd to go down to seven they can go fork themselves.
Even if you get Elliott either way?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:towel

dallen

Senior Tech
Time for someone to make an insane pick

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm guessing the war room liked Zeke too much to risk moving down, kinda like they did with Tyron Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom