2015 Season | Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Dallas at Tampa Bay | 11/15/2015

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I'm surprised the excuse for Garrett came this late.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
And who had a say in who the backup was/is?

Like most of said, Garrett is not going anywhere anytime soon.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
And, whose fucking fault is that?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
And, whose fucking fault is that?
I think that admission is also an admission that it is his fault. He readly states he is the GM and personnel is the direct responsibility of the GM.

Cotton

Staff member
I think that admission is also an admission that it is his fault. He readly states he is the GM and personnel is the direct responsibility of the GM.
Yeah, he's already starting the man in the mirror dance.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Well I guess that means the GM and Executive Vice President/Director of Player Personnel should be held accountable for not acquiring a good backup.

Unfortunately there's no check and balance in place for those two individuals. Must be nice.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If we set aside the issue of who hand picked the backups... I still don't buy this excuse. Ok, Weeden can't win games, I get that. But Cassel can. Funny how he's won at least a few every where he's played. You can't convince me that Cassel isn't at least as competent as Gabbert or Yates or Mallet/Hoyer or Fitzpatrick, all of whom won games this year. It runs deeper than our back-up QB sucks.

Cotton

Staff member

Yet again, Garrett and Jones beating two different drums. Dumpster. Fire.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If we set aside the issue of who hand picked the backups... I still don't buy this excuse. Ok, Weeden can't win games, I get that. But Cassel can. Funny how he's won at least a few every where he's played. You can't convince me that Cassel isn't at least as competent as Gabbert or Yates or Mallet/Hoyer or Fitzpatrick, all of whom won games this year. It runs deeper than our back-up QB sucks.
Absolutely. But as expected, Cassel and Weeden's limitations will be used as an excuse as to why Garrett couldn't coach his team to a win.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Absolutely. But as expected, Cassel and Weeden's limitations will be used as an excuse as to why Garrett couldn't coach his team to a win.
I think the real problem lies in the system Garrett has chosen. It is so limited that you cannot make game plans to fit the opponent each week. He is stuck in one mold and its a one size fits all. The competition knows exactly how to deal with it and a different Quarterback is stuck with the system. The difference with Romo is he knows how to improvise with the system and can be effective. Garrett simply doesn't have any flexible options he can fall back on. It's like watching reruns all the time. You know what's coming.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sounds like someone is being rolled under the bus.

D

Deuce

I think the real problem lies in the system Garrett has chosen. It is so limited that you cannot make game plans to fit the opponent each week. He is stuck in one mold and its a one size fits all. The competition knows exactly how to deal with it and a different Quarterback is stuck with the system. The difference with Romo is he knows how to improvise with the system and can be effective. Garrett simply doesn't have any flexible options he can fall back on. It's like watching reruns all the time. You know what's coming.
That's not a scheme problem, that a coaching problem. He's either too stubborn to change his scheme based on the personnel he has or is too stupid to recognize the problems.

dallen

Senior Tech
The fact that they are blaming Cassel for this is all I need to hear. They are clueless. I guess we can't expect to win unless we have Tom Brady backing up Romo.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's not a scheme problem, that a coaching problem. He's either too stubborn to change his scheme based on the personnel he has or is too stupid to recognize the problems.
That's pretty much what I said. He uses the same plan and schemes every week. That is the problem.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yet again, Garrett and Jones beating two different drums. Dumpster. Fire.
Do you really think any of the players care about these statements by Jerry?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's both sad and pitiful. TJ Yates is no better than Cassel but somehow their coach find a way to pull out a victory.

It's a perfect example of what we've been talking about.
Cassel has warts, no doubt about it, but certainly not so bad that we can't beat the worthless Bucs.

townsend

Banned
If I remember 2010 correctly Jerry was completely supportive of Wade until he fired him. I don't believe a word he has to say. He's still trying to sell the 2015 Cowboys.

Top Bottom