2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Deuce, it looks like it is on next week. We just picked up a commit for a JUCO DT today but he still plans to take his trip to UCF next week. I swear, if y'all pull him away I will flip out.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/texastech/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Thorpe-153940
I'm sure you'll keep him cause I don't know how heavily we'll be pursuing him. We have a big need on the DL and have since landed 1 JUCO and a few solid high schoolers. Our biggest target left is a DT out of Tampa who decommitted from Louisville after Strong left. We'd take this kid if he commits, but GOL doesn't like to load up with JUCO.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Well we basically have some of those standup tackling dummies on the DL right now. Literally nothing going at all. Right we'll take jucos, transfers and walkons.

Jiggyfly

Banned
What happened to the QB that transferred from A&M, I thought he would be in line to start for Tech next year.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I have no idea what you are talking about.
I thought the guy that Manziel beat out last year transfered to Tech when Kingsbury got the job.

Texas A&M backup quarterback Jameill Showers has reportedly been granted release from A&M and plans on transferring after spending two seasons behind both Ryan Tannehill and Johnny Manziel.

Byron Thomas, a first-year graduate assistant for Texas A&M, took to Twitter Monday afternoon and wished showers luck in the future: “Wishing Jameill the very best… He is going to be a big time player for whatever program he choose! Gig’em Jameill.”

Showers was considered the starting quarterback going into spring drills last season. The 6-foot-2 QB with a cannon arm lost the job to Manziel and remained the backup throwing for 319 yards and two touchdowns in 2012.

Showers will be a hot commodity as a transfer who will graduate in the summer and still have two years of eligibility remaining after redshirting in 2010.

Billy Liucci of TexAgs.com who first reported the news Monday tweeted that Showers could have a short list of Texas Tech, Baylor, Cal and Arizona State.

A&M fans will likely share sentiment from former athletic director Bill Byrne who tweeted following the news that Aggies will be rooting for Showers wherever he lands.

“I wish Jamiell nothing but the best. He is and always will be a great Aggie. I hope he has a wonderful experience wherever he lands!”
----------------------------------------------------------------

Nevermind I see he went to UTEP.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He isn't on the current roster, so not sure where he went.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Darrell Scott, a 4 star RB out of Havelock committed to Tennessee yesterday. My wife works with his mom. (No hostile) He's a beast. Not sure why he chose Tennessee but whatevs.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Darrell Scott, a 4 star RB out of Havelock committed to Tennessee yesterday. My wife works with his mom. (No hostile) He's a beast. Not sure why he chose Tennessee but whatevs.
Saw he committed to TN over SC and UF. Obviously a smart young man.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Belldozer is now a TE.

I think this is the right move for him. He had a couple of bright moments last year but he did't improve. His main problem is he never went through his progressions on pass plays.

They'd snap the ball and he'd stare down the primary receiver. If that primary receiver didn't get open the play was dead. He never scanned the field to look for the 2nd or 3rd receiver. It was always one read then run/scramble and throw it away.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought I read that walk on Texas Tech QB is going to take a year off and then go to Oklahoma.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think this is the right move for him. He had a couple of bright moments last year but he did't improve. His main problem is he never went through his progressions on pass plays.

They'd snap the ball and he'd stare down the primary receiver. If that primary receiver didn't get open the play was dead. He never scanned the field to look for the 2nd or 3rd receiver. It was always one read then run/scramble and throw it away.
Yeah Bell actually saveed the team's ass last season but you are right he doesn't have the head for the QB position yet. He is a good athlete with an accurate arm but the read perception just isn't there. He could develope but not at OU.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I thought I read that walk on Texas Tech QB is going to take a year off and then go to Oklahoma.
He might be spinning his wheels with that move because the current QB at OU will be a sophomore. Unless he gets hurt again he will be tough to unseat.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
If he does that he will have to take 2 years off. Big 12 rules state that transferring within the conference gives you a 2 year vaca.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I know there was one that tried to go to Oklahoma but Texas Tech blocked it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
As a whole, Texas' recruiting class was solid and filled with 4 star recruits.

It's just weird and said at the same time to see them only come away with one kid in the top 100.

Hopefully, Charlie Strong and bring back the days when Texas was in the running for the top recruiting class every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom