2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Here's some English:

GFY you dumb twat
Yeah, this is the same bright woman who thought letting a five year old on a Jet Ski was a smart move.

I have decided McCarron is on my "no wikey" list.

Annoying mom. Overrated girlfriend. Too good to bother with showing up at the Senior Bowl. Lots of tats. Eff him.

D

Deuce

Deuce, I know emotions are running high with your team, rightfully so. How you thinking next year will be for y'all? Your lose your QB, RB and three OL starters. You bring back everyone on defense. Louisville and Rutgers are leaving for better conferences, so that should help. Problem is you have a pretty tough non-conference with Penn State, BYU and Mizzu. Wow, that is a strong schedule. On the other hand you have a pretty weak conference schedule.

Your team is really well coached and very well prepared. I could see you losing all of the non-conference games and potentially running the table in conference. That defense is going to help you. They might even be better which would make them great IMO.

What do you know about the backup QB?
Honestly, OL and RB are not a concern to me. GOL takes pride in recruiting linemen every year and developing them for at least 2 seasons. The fact that we have a RS Freshman Center this season is not common. But we have had the younger kids come in at times of injury and perform well. I think they'll all be fine. My one concern with it would be if our LT decides to declare this year. He would be a huge loss.

RB saw Stanback get tons of carries this year and our '12 backup was suspended this season and will be back. Both have plenty of game experience along with a good freshman who redshirted this year.

QB is the concern. Our backup was a true freshman, we had another somewhat highly rated true freshman who redshirted and he have an incoming freshman who enrolled last week so he could be ready for the spring game. The new kid had offers from Bama and other top schools. I wouldn't be suprised if he took the job. The red shirted kid doesn't have a lot of physical skill, but he tore it up in HS and in 7 on 7 tournements so maybe he can challenge as well. This position will dictate if we are a 7 win team or a 10 win team next year. Unfortunately, I don't see 12-1 happening again. :lol

D

Deuce

Final AP Poll

Florida State (60)
ACC
Record: 14-0

PV Rank
Auburn
SEC
Record: 12-2

Michigan State
Big Ten
Record: 13-1

South Carolina
SEC
Record: 11-2

Missouri
SEC

Oklahoma
Big 12

Alabama
SEC

Clemson
ACC

Oregon
Pac-12

UCF
The American
Record: 12-1

Stanford
Pac-12
Record: 11-3

Ohio State
Big Ten

Baylor
Big 12

LSU
SEC
Record: 10-3

Louisville
The American
Record: 12-1

UCLA
Pac-12

Oklahoma State
Big 12

Texas A&M
SEC
Record: 9-4

USC
Pac-12
Record: 10-4

Notre Dame
Division I FBS Independents

Arizona State
Pac-12

Wisconsin
Big Ten

Duke
ACC

Vanderbilt
SEC

Washington
Pac-12

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I will be secretly rooting for you guys next year. after that game my respect level went up for your team. I can appreciate some good coaching. Of course I'll never admit that to you because you suck.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I have to say, I thought Saban was really good on TV, and I can see why guys want to play for him.

He's still an ass, though.

D

Deuce

I will be secretly rooting for you guys next year. after that game my respect level went up for your team. I can appreciate some good coaching. Of course I'll never admit that to you because you suck.
I'll take it.

I did just read that UCF received "tons of calls" from QBs who want to be 5th year transfers. Tyler Murphy from UF is rumored to be one though I don't know how much I'd want him. I'd welcome whomever, though. Good competition for the young players.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Is it me, or was Musberger blatantly obvious with his SEC whoring last night?

I don't give a shit either way about the SEC being the best or not. I know that's a hot topic around the country and in this thread, but I don't give a shit whether the SEC is as good or not as some believe.

I just like watching good football and you can't argue that the SEC produces good football every year regardless on where you stand on the quality level of the conference as a whole.

Anyhow, Musberger really made it obvious, especially towards the end of the game, how much he thinks of the SEC. He went on to say that no matter what happened last night, it was still a fantastic year for the SEC. While that in itself isn't much, it does add up when you couple that with him mentioning twice that SEC had won the previous 8 championships and how this or that team had lost to an SEC team.

The latter comment had absolutely no bearing on last night's game, and it led me to believe that this game was trying way too hard to prop the SEC.

It's a great conference, but they did not win last night and neither did Alabama in their bowl game, so get over it already.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
He was probably just trying to curry favor with McCarron's girlfriend.
:lol

Yea, that was another time he got a bit overzealous in the booth.

Maybe he drinks before these BCS championship games?

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
:lol

Yea, that was another time he get a bit overzealous in the booth.

Maybe he drinks before these BCS championship games?
Perhaps, I actually told a friend during the game that ABC should get him liquored up before games, I think it'd be highly entertaining.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Outstanding.

I can't wait for next college season to start and to finally get some semblance of a playoff system.

:towel
Got you a new coach in Texas as well. A little something extra to hang your hat on.

BTW, who do you guys think are the early favorites to make the 4-team playoff next year. Obviously we still have some recruiting to do and some players have yet to say whether or not they're going pro, but what aer your thoughts on next year's favorites?

Mine are:
Oklahoma - homer pick plus Knight showed me something.
Florida State - defending champs with returning Heisman winner.
Ohio State - Meyer is slowly getting his guys plus the conference is still down
LSU - I was tempted to go with Auburn but it feels like Les and his Tigers are due for another run at a title

D

Deuce

FSU - Weak schedule, returning champs
Ohio St - Equally weak schedule, will be in top 4 only because of running the table and name recognition
Oregon - Mariotta returning, but they'll get challenges from Stanford and UCLA
LSU - Their defense will be legit next year and I think Bama takes a step back while Auburn falls back to Earth.

This is also hopeful for me. If/when the Big 12 gets left out of the playoff, they will realize it's their lack of championship game and they need to get back to 12 teams. Welcome to the Big 12, UCF and either BYU/Cincinatti/(hopefully not) USF. :towel

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Got you a new coach in Texas as well. A little something extra to hang your hat on.
Absolutely.

That coupled with what I expect to be a great college season as a whole and the playoffs have me as excited for college football as I've ever been.

Suck it, Jerry. :flip

BTW, who do you guys think are the early favorites to make the 4-team playoff next year. Obviously we still have some recruiting to do and some players have yet to say whether or not they're going pro, but what aer your thoughts on next year's favorites?

Mine are:
Oklahoma - homer pick plus Knight showed me something.
Florida State - defending champs with returning Heisman winner.
Ohio State - Meyer is slowly getting his guys plus the conference is still down
LSU - I was tempted to go with Auburn but it feels like Les and his Tigers are due for another run at a title
I can see Alabama taking the place of either Auburn or LSU.

I know they are losing some guys, specifically their QB, but Saban is gonna make it work somehow and I'm not sold on either LSU or Auburn being an elite team next year.

Oklahoma and FSU are the two I definitely agree with.

**Edit**

And Ohio State.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This is just me playing a 'dime store psychologist' but I think the only reason last night's game was as close as it was is because FSU was nervous.

I think they were rattled out of the gate because of the enormity of the moment and because the speed of Auburn was nothing like they saw in the ACC sans maybe Clemson.

Once the jitters finally went away and they adjusted to the speed of the game I think that's when they started gaining traction and eventually overcame that huge deficit.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The SEC is clearly the best conference in many phases of the game. They are no doubt the best in hype. Still, this year they didn't really prove it on the field.

I can't help noticing how mediocre Aggy and Mizzu was in the Big 12 but they are now competitors with the same kids. I know, Johnny Football and all of that but still. Either way it makes the SEC defenses suspect. If its all JF then we have one kid that can move the ball well on the all world defense of the SEC? I think the deal is that the SEC plays basically good defense but a good spread team can move the ball on them just in any other conference.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
You can pretty much pencil in Florida St., Ohio St., Oregon or Stanford and the winner of the SEC West.

Oklahoma, Baylor with Petty and UCLA with Hundley are the big wild cards.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
This is just me playing a 'dime store psychologist' but I think the only reason last night's game was as close as it was is because FSU was nervous.

I think they were rattled out of the gate because of the enormity of the moment and because the speed of Auburn was nothing like they saw in the ACC sans maybe Clemson.

Once the jitters finally went away and they adjusted to the speed of the game I think that's when they started gaining traction and eventually overcame that huge deficit.
No doubt about it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You can pretty much pencil in Florida St., Ohio St., Oregon or Stanford and the winner of the SEC West.

Oklahoma, Baylor with Petty and UCLA with Hundley are the big wild cards.
If Texas can get a QB they are gonna compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom