2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

And I suspect your position is based on SEC bias as well. Amiright?
Why would I have SEC bias? My opinion is based on watching them play throughout the year and seeing the amount of NFL type talent they have. They are loaded with talent. But talent alone doesn't win games and they proved that last night. They were outworked, outplayed and outcoached.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Mora and Briles both said they want to stay put and withdrew their names from consideration from the Texas jobs.

I have a feeling that Saban is still in it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Why would I have SEC bias? My opinion is based on watching them play throughout the year and seeing the amount of NFL type talent they have. They are loaded with talent. But talent alone doesn't win games and they proved that last night. They were outworked, outplayed and outcoached.
So do you contend they are th best college football in the nation currently?

D

Deuce

So do you contend they are th best college football in the nation currently?
I answered this already. Talent wise, yes. They have the best collection of high level players in the nation. But they aren't the best team from a standpoint of playing together and coaching or they wouldn't have lost 2 straight games.

FSU's talent is as close to Bama as it gets. But considering they haven't played anyone good other than an overrated Clemson team, I don't know yet.

D

Deuce

Mora and Briles both said they want to stay put and withdrew their names from consideration from the Texas jobs.

After last night I bet he is having those thoughts. Now would be the right time for Texas to pounce.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate

I wouldn't be surprised to see either James Franklin or Charlie Strong get the job.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
What about the Kiffens for Texas? I think that would be awesome.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
What about the Kiffens for Texas? I think that would be awesome.
I think you might be onto something here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I answered this already. Talent wise, yes. They have the best collection of high level players in the nation. But they aren't the best team from a standpoint of playing together and coaching or they wouldn't have lost 2 straight games.

FSU's talent is as close to Bama as it gets. But considering they haven't played anyone good other than an overrated Clemson team, I don't know yet.
Well this will be my last post to you about this. I do not dispute their talent levels. It is obviously high. My question isn't about who has the best talent rather who has the best team. A team is a unit and they win or lose together. As a team Alabama has lost twice so it would seem obvious that they are not the best team.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Stoops is laying down the SEC smack on Cowherd.

(stolen from somewhere else)

On Colin Cowherd.
Main points:
1. Bottom half of SEC blows 0-36 against top half.
2. Two teams that didn't dominate the big 12 doing pretty well in their conference.
3. We just showed that we can beat your conference
He's a little late to the party. I've been saying it for years and this year it's quite obvious. The top team or two are real, real good. The next group of teams are good, but not great and not better than that same tier of teams in the other major conferences for the most part. And the rest of the teams are pedestrian just like every other conference. Having said all that they still might have the National Champion again this year.

D

Deuce

According to Phil Grosz of BlueWhiteIllustrated.com on Rivals - who is as connected to PSU as anybody - Miami HC Al Golden has been offered by the job and is expected to accept.

Is this guy dumb? He dealt with Miami's scrutiny and sanctions and now that they are lessened, he goes to PSU where he deals with more for longer.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
According to Phil Grosz of BlueWhiteIllustrated.com on Rivals - who is as connected to PSU as anybody - Miami HC Al Golden has been offered by the job and is expected to accept.

Is this guy dumb? He dealt with Miami's scrutiny and sanctions and now that they are lessened, he goes to PSU where he deals with more for longer.
Man, can you imagine the headlines if he were Sandusky?

"Golden showers with little kids"

D

Deuce

Georgia Tech: CBS' Bruce Feldman tweets, "Word is
GaTech coach Paul Johnson is not happy with the school. Hopes they buy
him out, according to a source." USA Today's Dan Wolken notes that
Johnson has a $7.5 million buyout.

source: coaching search ticker

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Jeez.

It is even clear in a college game.

Players are all about looking up at the Jerry Tron.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Georgia Tech: CBS' Bruce Feldman tweets, "Word is
GaTech coach Paul Johnson is not happy with the school. Hopes they buy
him out, according to a source." USA Today's Dan Wolken notes that
Johnson has a $7.5 million buyout.

source: coaching search ticker
Good.

GTFO and take your 1940s offense with you, turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom