2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hate the intro to Sat. Night Football.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow, ballsy call by Gundy.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Shit...whotta big play with the fumble.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think white WRs should be required to wear short sleeves so we can tell they are white.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Baylor better wake up.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Seems like they have been starting off slow the last few weeks. It may catch up to them today.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It doesn't look like Baylor's defense is used to this.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Baylor had a relatively soft schedule especially the first part of the season. They may be a little ill prepared for tough opponents. On the other hand they sometimes start slow.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Damn, I thought this game would be exciting.

Snoozer so far.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Okie State is in the process of spanking the hell out of Baylor. Still a lot of time left but it doesn't look good for the Bears.

As an aside, I think that game against the Sooners would have been more competitive if Stoops would have started Knight instead of Blake Bell. Oklahoma could have moved the ball on Baylor with the read-option. Baylor probably still wins but Oklahoma would have put up a better fight, IMO.

D

Deuce

Vandy has beaten Florida, Georgia and Tennessee all in the same season.

Mind. Blown.

Franklin is a heck of a coach.

1bigfan13

Staff member
The Heisman is Jameis Winston's to lose.

Coming into today people had a top four of Bryce Petty, Manziel, Mariota, and Winston.

All except for Winston struggled and lost in embarrassing fashion. Baylor hasn't lost yet but this one looks like it might as well be over.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Vandy has beaten Florida, Georgia and Tennessee all in the same season.

Mind. Blown.

Franklin is a heck of a coach.
This is what I was talking about earlier regarding SEC teams getting too much credit for their wins and not being penalized as much for their losses.

On the surface those are some impressive football teams that Vandy beat. Lots of tradition and name recognition. But anyone who is paying attention will tell you that those 3 teams aren't any good. But since they're in the SEC they get the benefit of the doubt.

Beating those 3 teams this year is no more impressive than beating Purdue, Indiana, and Iowa.

Last edited:
D

Deuce

This is what I was talking about earlier regarding SEC teams getting too much credit for their wins and not being penalized as much for their losses.

On the surface those are some impressive football teams that Vandy beat. Lots of tradition and name recognition. But anyone who is paying attention will tell you that those 3 teams aren't any good. But since they're in the SEC they get the benefit of the doubt.

Beating this 3 teams this year is no more impressive than beating Purdue, Indiana, and Iowa.
Sure. Fl and Tenn will both won't be bowl eligible this year. But you still can't overlook what. Vandy's done. Up until 2 years ago, they were everyone's homecoming in that conference.

D

Deuce

The Heisman is Jameis Winston's to lose.

Coming into today people had a top four of Bryce Petty, Manziel, Mariota, and Winston.

All except for Winston struggled and lost in embarrassing fashion. Baylor hasn't lost yet but this one looks like it might as well be over.
He won't win. Multiple voters already said they won't vote for him because they are afraid to give it to a potential rapist and I doubt the situation is resolved by the time votes are in.

D

Deuce

If Winston is indeed not a Heisman hopeful anymore, Aaron Williams may have come out of nowhere to be the leader. 1800 yards with a game against Syracuse left to pad those stats.

1bigfan13

Staff member
If Winston is indeed not a Heisman hopeful anymore, Aaron Williams may have come out of nowhere to be the leader. 1800 yards with a game against Syracuse left to pad those stats.
It boggles my mind that WRs and RBs aren't getting much Heisman love anymore. There are still some exciting RBs and WRs out there yet you wouldn't know it because the QBs get all the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom