2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Brian Kelly in year 4 of rebuilding the ND program that was crap for 15+ years. Already one unexpected National Title game appearance. The arrow is pointed up. Accept it.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It was kind of a fluke that they made the NC but yes the arrow is pointed up.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
It was kind of a fluke that they made the NC but yes the arrow is pointed up.
That's why I said it was unexpected. You can call it whatever you want. They went undefeated with some close wins vs average teams. I never expected a 12-0 season, maybe 9 or 10 wins. I thought it would take 5 years for Kelly to get this to be a top 5 program and it probably will. Making the National Title game in year 3 only helped in recruiting moving forward even though Bama rolled. Once every player on that roster is someone Kelly recruited then the sky's the limit.

I'm not going to sit here and explain again why I think ND will be pretty good this year, you've all heard it before. But they are getting bigger, faster and stronger than they've ever been and they now have depth. Just a few years ago physically they didn't look like they belonged on the same field as USC and that has changed.

Quite a few highly touted freshmen will contribute this year. Early on Greg Bryant at RB and Jaylon Smith at LB will contribute. Maybe even Corey Robinson at WR (David's kid). Later I expect Tarean Folston to get some touches. We loaded up on OL, but hopefully will not need to play any this year.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Once you see Tommy Rees play, it'll point right back down again
I've seen him play for 3 years and think he'll be fine. He was huge late in a couple wins last year. He's experienced and added some good weight. As long as he protects the ball we'll be fine. With our OL, our 6'7" 270lb TE and stable of RB's we are going to pound teams with the run.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Wasn't the arrow pointed up when Charlie Weis was there?
It was. When Tyrone Willingham was the prior coach anything would be pointed up.

You don't think they're headed in the right direction?

Regular Season
2007 3-9
2008 6-6
2009 6-6
2010 7-5
2011 8-4
2012 12-0

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
As a fan, I can't help but get excited. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Brian Kelly in year 4 of rebuilding the ND program that was crap for 15+ years. Already one unexpected National Title game appearance. The arrow is pointed up. Accept it.
Tony...I guess you feel bold enough this year to start your special Notre Dame only thread. Do EET.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
I wonder what it's like to be excited about your favorite team the way Tony is over Notre Dame

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I just took a peek at next week's TV schedule and it looks like we'll have some pretty good games considering it's week 1.

Boise State at Washington on FS1
Alabama at VT on ESPN
LSU at TCU on ESPN
Georgia at Clemson on ABC

And if you're bored with a few minutes to kill you can root for Temple to beat ND on NBC.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I just took a peek at next week's TV schedule and it looks like we'll have some pretty good games considering it's week 1.

And if you're bored with a few minutes to kill you can root for Temple to beat ND on NBC.
The ND Football thread is becoming more and more of a reality after that shat. I just have to come up with a clever name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom