2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Manziel was pretty fricking impressive (again) last night. That kid is a pimp.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's like he isn't even trying. It is sickening.
I admit, I am kind of hoping Jones does draft him. As much as he is a douche, the guy can play and is close to a Romo clone as you can find.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I admit, I am kind of hoping Jones does draft him. As much as he is a douche, the guy can play and is close to a Romo clone as you can find.
I like the talent, but worry about the person.

His offseason was terrible. If he lashed out and acted that way after only one season(a successfull one, at that)of college football, then how in the hell is he going to handle the scrutiny playing QB in the NFL for the league's most criticized team?

The last thing this team needs is another thin-skinned bitch who can't handle the slightest bit of criticism. We have enough defensive pussy's on this team and we certainly don't need another at the QB position.

With that said, I'd still take a chance on him if we were in a position to take him, but I certainly would be nervous about how he'd turn out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Manziel busts. I'm kinda expecting it to be honest.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

His offseason was terrible. If he lashed out and acted that way after only one season(a successfull one, at that)of college football, then how in the hell is he going to handle the scrutiny playing QB in the NFL for the league's most criticized team?

The last thing this team needs is another thin-skinned bitch who can't handle the slightest bit of criticism. We have enough defensive pussy's on this team and we certainly don't need another at the QB position.

With that said, I'd still take a chance on him if we were in a position to take him, but I certainly would be nervous about how he'd turn out.

I get what you are saying but the big difference is Manziel rises to the occasion to silence all his critics, I can't say the same for Romo.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I get what you are saying but the big difference is Manziel rises to the occasion to silence all his critics, I can't say the same for Romo.
Which is why I would be in favor of drafting him.

If I thought even for a second that he'd be a choker in the mold of Romo, I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

I just don't like how he responded to the media scrutiny in the offseason, especially because of the position he plays and the fact that media coverage is much much worse here than it is for a kid playing at A&M. We need a QB who is a leader and that the other players will play for, not another guy on the team who fails to acknowledge what he's doing wrong and gets pissy with the media when he isn't doing so well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Manziel busts. I'm kinda expecting it to be honest.
He has honest football instincts and doesn't appear to be a system guy. I would be surprised.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Well, since you put it that way...he's going to have to be superhuman to deal with the pressure of being the Cowboys QB.

D

Deuce

For all the nonsense from his offseason, what did he do wrong? He went court side to Heat games, hung out with Drake and a bunch if other stuff rich college kids would do. It hasn't effected his play or preparation at all. I can handle that. It's basically like when Romo went to Cabo, only if he would have came back the next week and won the playoff game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
People point to his offseason, but it has not bothered him one bit. On the other hand...a guy like Clowney looks like a bad teammate.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
If you don't think that his maturity is in question then you just aren't paying attention. That isn't going to work at one of the most scrutinized positions in the world. I mean, it could work but it is going to be a very distracting job.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Baylor almost in the top 10. Sic em Bears

Carp

DCC 4Life
If you don't think that his maturity is in question then you just aren't paying attention. That isn't going to work at one of the most scrutinized positions in the world. I mean, it could work but it is going to be a very distracting job.
He is pretty scrutinized now. Of course you don't want him being an idiot, but that is part of being 20.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He is pretty scrutinized now. Of course you don't want him being an idiot, but that is part of being 20.
You bring up a fair point about being 20. This guy is a special kind of immature though. He is a privileged kid who has had his parents following him around covering up for him for his entire life.

Personally I like him (and hate him) because he is the anti-aggie. He lives in the edge...like the heisman winner should live it up. The problem isn't our opinion of him. The problem will be how he will handle being then face of the most famous franchise in the world.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think the scrutiny he is under now will help him for the future. As an aside...the way he trusts his big WR now gives me a boner thinking about how he would get it to Dez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom