Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

Do the Cowboys Make the Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah, I think we beat the Redskins though, which resolves any tiebreaker in our favor. We have a pretty good record against losing teams and I think the Skins are ready to quit.
I'm not so sure. That game will be dangerous because it may be the one game left that they care at all about. Their proverbial personal Super Bowl.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The eagles will not go 3-1. That's simple.
Oh no?

I bet you didn't think after we made them look so bad that they'd reel off 4 in a row either.

Their win over the Cardinals is more impressive than anything we've done this year because we have yet to beat a single team with a winning record.

The Eagles are home for the Lions, @Minnesota, home for Chicago, then @Dallas. What is it that is so daunting about that schedule that leads you to believe they can't go 3-1?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm not so sure. That game will be dangerous because it may be the one game left that they care at all about. Their proverbial personal Super Bowl.
They might be 3-8, but they are still trying, so this idea that they're just gonna lay down for us is foolish.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
They can be dominant or decimated on any given week, against any given team.
When was the last time this team was dominant?

Even better, when was the last time this team was dominant against a good team?

You say they can be dominant on any given week, but that's false. Are you referring to these Cowboys? Because if you are, I'd like to know what you're basing that on. Find me one dominant win in the last 3 years against a good team.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think it's at best a 50-50 shot we make it, unless our last game vs iggles is meaningless I don't see us getting the best of the worst obligatory playoff appearance
Yep, 50-50. We make it or we don't. Good call.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Oh no?

I bet you didn't think after we made them look so bad that they'd reel off 4 in a row either.

Their win over the Cardinals is more impressive than anything we've done this year because we have yet to beat a single team with a winning record.

The Eagles are home for the Lions, @Minnesota, home for Chicago, then @Dallas. What is it that is so daunting about that schedule that leads you to believe they can't go 3-1?
Its as simple as us getting to the NFC Championship game.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Oh no?

We did beat the Eagles in Philly this year...so there is that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
We sure did, but you're a smart enough football fan to know that that Philly team is different than the one that's playing right now.

That doesn't mean we can't beat them, but at the same time, that first game isn't necessarily indicative of what would happen the next time around either.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Only Philly progresses, not Dallas.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
They don't win at home, though. Which is quite weird.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I like where the team is now...Garrett seems to have found the right balance and the last two wins showss a lot of character. Philly is not some juggernaut, but Ace and others seem to make them out to be better to further a point.

Carp

DCC 4Life
They don't win at home, though. Which is quite weird.
I'm just saying...people are sitting here breaking down common opponents and remaining schedule...I'll take the head to head match up as a decent indicator.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Dallas makes the playoffs. I just think this team probably tops out at a wild card win at most. Our pass defense has just been too bad for me to have faith in much more then that. Maybe with a healthy Claiborne, Wilcox, Church, Carr and Scandrick the pass defense will start to get back to where it should be.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I like where the team is now...Garrett seems to have found the right balance and the last two wins showss a lot of character. Philly is not some juggernaut, but Ace and others seem to make them out to be better to further a point.
I didn't say they were a juggernaut, I just laugh at the notion that Philly just can't go 3-1 but yet we're likely to do just that ourselves.

Philly has a 4 game winning streak and they beat a solid Arizona team. We haven't won 4 games in a row since 2011 and we haven't beaten a good team yet. So while both teams have equal records and are both flawed, Philly looks like the better team right now, and I don't know how you can argue against that.

Oh, we won back to back games against the awful Giants and Raiders? Big deal.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So far no one has factored that Dallas is playing better and personnel are returning.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I didn't say they were a juggernaut, I just laugh at the notion that Philly just can't go 3-1 but yet we're likely to do just that ourselves.

Philly has a 4 game winning streak and they beat a solid Arizona team. We haven't won 4 games in a row since 2011 and we haven't beaten a good team yet. So while both teams have equal records and are both flawed, Philly looks like the better team right now, and I don't know how you can argue against that.

Oh, we won back to back games against the awful Giants and Raiders? Big deal.
We haven't beaten a good team yet...except the Eagles.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Despite Ace saying otherwise...the last two wins were huge. Beating the Giants on the road, when they were building their season around that game was huge. Also...losing to the Raiders when we were down 14 would've seemed like the gutless move that so many call for...yet, we won. I like this team and really like the way Romo is playing right now.

Top Bottom