A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I feel like the issue is that to a good number of moral conservatives, homosexuals are defined as sexual deviants, which is to say it is their defining attribute. It doesn't matter where you do it, how many people you do it with, homosexuality is so immoral, it's the least moral thing. I feel like the people who think this way are somehow afraid that by allowing these people to get married and have families and do regular people things they'll be obligated to celebrate butt stuff.
You know the way that any member of church would have to have their pee fetish scrutinized by the community in order for them to get married.
Christians didn't determine the position about homosexuality. It was determined long before the church was established and not by mankind but the creator of mankind. If you choose to believe there is no supreme being so be it but at least get the chronology correct as to the determination being made.

I actually meant this as a response to clays post.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Christians didn't determine the position about homosexuality. It was determined long before the church was established and not by mankind but the creator of mankind. If you choose to believe there is no supreme being so be it but at least get the chronology correct as to the determination being made.

I actually meant this as a response to clays post.
What people outside the faith choose to do is none of the business of the people in it. "We are in the world but not of the world." etc. And as has been pointed out 100 times, it's not the only sin, or the most common one, or the most serious, or even mentioned much in the bible, but it gets a disproportionate amount of coverage in modern US Christianity for reasons that have never been adequately explained. IMO, it's a fad. It's a flavor of the moment outrage, like the temperance movement. A generation from now it will be as tolerated a sin as gluttony.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What people outside the faith choose to do is none of the business of the people in it. "We are in the world but not of the world." etc. And as has been pointed out 100 times, it's not the only sin, or the most common one, or the most serious, or even mentioned much in the bible, but it gets a disproportionate amount of coverage in modern US Christianity for reasons that have never been adequately explained. IMO, it's a fad. It's a flavor of the moment outrage, like the temperance movement. A generation from now it will be as tolerated a sin as gluttony.
Maybe it has something to do with the surge of declarations in the societal interactions and entertainment industry. There seems to be more of a display and promotion of the lifestyle from these sources than ever before. Just maybe the reaction is proportional to to proactive movements.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Maybe it has something to do with the surge of declarations in the societal interactions and entertainment industry. There seems to be more of a display and promotion of the lifestyle from these sources than ever before. Just maybe the reaction is proportional to to proactive movements.
Not just societal, but governmental as well. And then with the pushes for the things like letting someone decide themselves what sex they should be and legal decisions actually allowing them to chose what restroom facilities they want to use. That is absolutely nuts ( no pun intended). It seems like any value or traditional norm ever held by this country is now taboo and everything outside of that is completely acceptable.

townsend

Banned
Not just societal, but governmental as well. And then with the pushes for the things like letting someone decide themselves what sex they should be and legal decisions actually allowing them to chose what restroom facilities they want to use. That is absolutely nuts ( no pun intended). It seems like any value or traditional norm ever held by this country is now taboo and everything outside of that is completely acceptable.
Having separate bathrooms for blacks and whites was a traditional norm. Traditions can be shit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Having separate bathrooms for blacks and whites was a traditional norm. Traditions can be shit.
Okay, I can't do it anymore. You can't compare skin color to a person's sex. It's stupid to even try.

townsend

Banned
Okay, I can't do it anymore. You can't compare skin color to a person's sex. It's stupid to even try.
You mean to say you refuse to think about something because it makes you angry. You absolutely can compare race and sex, if you're willing to be analytical instead of emotional.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
You mean to say you refuse to think about something because it makes you angry. You absolutely can compare race and sex, if you're willing to be analytical instead of emotional.
No, it's a stupid comparison. If a black female goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I'm ok with that. If a black or white gay female goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I'm ok with that. If somebody that identifies as a woman, but has a dick, goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I am NOT ok with that. And I don't give a fuck what color they are.

townsend

Banned
No, it's a stupid comparison. If a black female goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I'm ok with that. If a black or white gay female goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I'm ok with that. If somebody that identifies as a woman, but has a dick, goes in to a public restroom that my daughter is in, I am NOT ok with that. And I don't give a fuck what color they are.
Right, because you weren't raised with the conventions of your great grandparents. This nonsensical implication that trans people are rapists running a long con is exactly as foolish as every dumbass concoction made by bigots.

Do you know how much racist shit has been done in the name of men's daughters? Do you know how much the presumption that black men were rapists led to hate crimes? But you see absolutely no parallels in these assumptions.
By the same token guess who's more likely to be assaulted in bathrooms? Why it's trans people, probably by dumb ass dads who think it's okay to assume that being trans makes someone suspect.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Right, because you weren't raised with the conventions of your great grandparents. This nonsensical implication that trans people are rapists running a long con is exactly as foolish as every dumbass concoction made by bigots.

Do you know how much racist shit has been done in the name of men's daughters? Do you know how much the presumption that black men were rapists led to hate crimes? But you see absolutely no parallels in these assumptions.
By the same token guess who's more likely to be assaulted in bathrooms? Why it's trans people, probably by dumb ass dads who think it's okay to assume that being trans makes someone suspect.
Is there a reason to be whining about things that happened 100+ years ago, other than to be just whining? We are living in today. Times have changed. Shit that happened when NONE OF US WERE ALIVE has no bearing on us now. So yeah. Trying to compare the color of somebody's skin to their sex TODAY is patently retarded.

Oh, and nobody is trying to say that trans gendered people are rapists running a long con. Or maybe I missed it. Could you please link me to it? You are so dramatic. You constantly speak of things that happened in the PAST. And you love to throw out the bigot label. How about you attempt to live in the here and now, mmkay?

One more thing... I don't give a damn if somebody is gay or not. Live and let live. I don't give a damn if somebody is a tranny. Live and let live. But you will never convince me that just because some guy identifies as a woman that he should be allowed to use a females public restroom. If he still has a dick, he can use the mens room. Now, they might be the absolute perfect person, of the utmost highest of morals. But that doesn't mean that some scumbag pervert pedophile won't use this handy little loophole to be allowed in to the females restroom. They can come and go into the females restroom/locker room just as easily as they please. And if they're ever questioned on it...? Well, they're just a woman trapped in a man's body. How convenient for them.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I said before, these comparisons are BS. A man with a penis is a man with a penis regardless what he wants to be called and should use a men's room. My 13 year old daughter should not be subjected to having to use a stall next to a man under any circumstance. She understands and knows she is a female and would rather hold it in than do that. She shouldn't have to have her rights infringed on by a person with a psychological difficulty, period. ANd the same applies to a female that thinks they are trapped in a man's body. If I had a 13 year old son, I wouldn't want him subjected to that circumstance either. IT isn't a matter of whether or not I think they might do something untoward.
That is not only a traditional norm, but plain old common sense. It appears you have lost yours in this matter.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Is there a reason to be whining about things that happened 100+ years ago, other than to be just whining? We are living in today. Times have changed. Shit that happened when NONE OF US WERE ALIVE has no bearing on us now. So yeah. Trying to compare the color of somebody's skin to their sex TODAY is patently retarded.
Segregation ended in 1964, that's 52 years ago, not 100+.
When you first stepped into this conversation, I had brought up segregation as an example of how "traditional values", which is to say values held up only for the fact that they had been by a previous generation, were faulty. That "that's the way we've always done it" is a shit way to run a value system. I don't know what's so confusing about showing instances in the past where a similar mindset led to terrible result. Bigotry makes a whole lot more sense if you don't have a whole lot of history to prove why its terrible. Apparently learning from the mistakes of the past is just something that crazy liberals do.

Oh, and nobody is trying to say that trans gendered people are rapists running a long con. Or maybe I missed it. Could you please link me to it? You are so dramatic. You constantly speak of things that happened in the PAST. And you love to throw out the bigot label. How about you attempt to live in the here and now, mmkay?
We're talking about bigotry, of which history is ripe with the tradition of. I'd like to live in the here and now, it's people who want to get back to traditional values who are trying to revive the past, I'm just saying what's wrong with that.

One more thing... I don't give a damn if somebody is gay or not. Live and let live. I don't give a damn if somebody is a tranny. Live and let live. But you will never convince me that just because some guy identifies as a woman that he should be allowed to use a females public restroom. If he still has a dick, he can use the mens room. Now, they might be the absolute perfect person, of the utmost highest of morals. But that doesn't mean that some scumbag pervert pedophile won't use this handy little loophole to be allowed in to the females restroom. They can come and go into the females restroom/locker room just as easily as they please. And if they're ever questioned on it...? Well, they're just a woman trapped in a man's body. How convenient for them.
This is the crazy part. You're saying that a person who's willing to commit a sex crime has been held at bay this whole time by a sign with some stick figures? That has never happened in the history of time, that a potential rapist got cold feet because he didn't want to walk in a restroom. This is the same faulty logic that supposes that if owning guns is a crime, then criminals won't have guns.
In the mean time we have a whole bunch of trans people who just want to piss and shit where they feel comfortable, who actually do get assaulted.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
So Townsend is skeptical that pedophiles might use a loophole to get into opposite sex bathrooms but believes there is an epidemic of trans people getting assaulted only because they use the anatomically correct bathrooms. Where are the numbers on that?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Segregation ended in 1964, that's 52 years ago, not 100+.
You're the one that brought up going back to the time of our great grandparents. So, unless you're around ten years old it sure sounded like you were talking further back than 50 years.

This is the crazy part. You're saying that a person who's willing to commit a sex crime has been held at bay this whole time by a sign with some stick figures? That has never happened in the history of time, that a potential rapist got cold feet because he didn't want to walk in a restroom. This is the same faulty logic that supposes that if owning guns is a crime, then criminals won't have guns.
In the mean time we have a whole bunch of trans people who just want to piss and shit where they feel comfortable, who actually do get assaulted.
No, I am NOT saying that a person who's willing to commit a sex crime has been held at bay this whole time by a sign with some stick figures. Spare us with the Jiggy 101 attempt at arguing a point by twisting what was actually said. What I DID say, was that this would be a handy little loophole for a pervert to try and exploit. And if anybody thinks that won't happen, they're a fool. This is what I'm talking about, not some ignorant fairy tale of being "held at bay" theory you made up. https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/sexual-predator-jailed-after-claiming-to-be-transgender-in-order-to-assault There are more stories like it, if you care to look.

Oh, by the way... I find it amusing that a liberal would say something like someone willing to commit a crime wouldn't be held at bay by a sign with some stick figures. If it wouldn't work in this instance, then why would it work for gun control and gun free zones? Conservatives aren't the ones saying that if owning a gun is a crime, criminals won't have guns. That would again be liberals. The conservative side of the coin would be that if guns were illegal, ONLY criminals would have them. So you were right there. That's some faulty ass logic.

Cotton

Staff member
I can tell you this, townsend is right about one thing. If I ever found out a dude went into a bathroom with my daughter under the guise that he has daddy issues and identifies as a woman, I would beat his ass. So, maybe that's what he is talking about with the assaults.

Cotton

Staff member
I would reply to all of townsend's ridiculous posts, but NoDak has this fully under control.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So Townsend is skeptical that pedophiles might use a loophole to get into opposite sex bathrooms but believes there is an epidemic of trans people getting assaulted only because they use the anatomically correct bathrooms. Where are the numbers on that?
I liked how he glossed right over me mentioning the loophole that could be used by pedos, and vaulted right into things he imagined I had said, and then used guns as an example. The liberal diversion tactics and slight of hand arguments are strong in him.

Top Bottom