A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hence (usually). And yeah, I was exaggerating the %.

Go in a stall and piss then? Are you really that hung up on whether someone sees the back of your boots while you're taking a piss? If so I think you're more in the minority than the aforementioned trannies.
You seem to have an answer for all this but the reality is the necessity and urgency these type movements really does nothing to improve anything. Instead it more of a motivation to keep things stirred up just for the sake of causing an uproar and chaos into the system. I have yet to hear why it is such an urgency and priority to instigate a controversial circumstance for the sake of societal betterment. Perhaps you can clear all this up for some of us.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
You jump to assault. But the pervert who wants to just look at a girl pissing or even whip his dick out in front of one, may no longer be committing a crime if he is legally in the women's restroom.

Those people a law would presumably stop.
I don't know about the Great State of Missouri, but in Texas that would still be a crime. Indecent exposure laws don't discriminate as to the gender you are exposing yourself to. There's also laws against trying to look into dressing rooms and bathroom stalls. No one could do anything legally in a women's restroom that they couldn't do legally around a child in a men's restroom.

You seem to have an answer for all this but the reality is the necessity and urgency these type movements really does nothing to improve anything. Instead it more of a motivation to keep things stirred up just for the sake of causing an uproar and chaos into the system. I have yet to hear why it is such an urgency and priority to instigate a controversial circumstance for the sake of societal betterment. Perhaps you can clear all this up for some of us.
You act like the movement is all from one side. It's people who are terrified of the "Trans-Menace" that are passing laws making it illegal for people who are legally of one gender (to the point that it says so on their Driver's License) to go into the restroom that matches up with their legal gender (for instance in Florida).

townsend

Banned
You jump to assault. But the pervert who wants to just look at a girl pissing or even whip his dick out in front of one, may no longer be committing a crime if he is legally in the women's restroom.

Those people a law would presumably stop.
If it's a women's restroom, there would be stalls. Also how prevalent is this in men's rooms? Are you saying that it's legal to wag your dick at kids if they're boys in your assigned gender's restroom?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't see how a basically unenforceable rule against transgendered people entering restrooms is going to allay those fears. I remember a news story from 2005 where a guy in Copperas Cove walked right into a school then right into the girl's bathroom and assaulted a kid. Not only was he not supposed to be in that bathroom, he wasn't supposed to be in that school. Until you station security outside every public restroom and have them do a dick check on everyone going in, you're not going to affect the "pervert" situation. (Leaving aside that pedophiles don't seem to overwhelmingly prefer the opposite sex anyway).
It puts into place a situation that raises the danger to my child. I don't give a damn if you think the separation helps now, but I can tell you, allowing it ups the danger, period.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
It puts into place a situation that raises the danger to my child. I don't give a damn if you think the separation helps now, but I can tell you, allowing it ups the danger, period.
Jesus, it's the pit bull thing all over again. Unrealistic danger? Check. Won't somebody please think of the children? Check. Right from the handbook of idiotic fear mongering.

"It ups the danger, period. Evidence? I don't need evidence! I'm an hysterical parent, goddamn it!"

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know about the Great State of Missouri, but in Texas that would still be a crime. Indecent exposure laws don't discriminate as to the gender you are exposing yourself to. There's also laws against trying to look into dressing rooms and bathroom stalls. No one could do anything legally in a women's restroom that they couldn't do legally around a child in a men's restroom.

You act like the movement is all from one side. It's people who are terrified of the "Trans-Menace" that are passing laws making it illegal for people who are legally of one gender (to the point that it says so on their Driver's License) to go into the restroom that matches up with their legal gender (for instance in Florida).
Again it isn't terror it's simply common decency. The majority of people just are not comfortable with mixed restrooms or even the idea of same. If the majority feel this way and now they have to impose laws to continue this practice then it seems obvious there is a push by some to change the status quo. The question is why are they so compelled to make an issue of it.

And by the way I don't have a problem in public toilets with men seeing my heels. I thought I was clear that I am not comfortable with the female gender being in the proximity.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Again it isn't terror it's simply common decency. The majority of people just are not comfortable with mixed restrooms or even the idea of same. If the majority feel this way and now they have to impose laws to continue this practice then it seems obvious there is a push by some to change the status quo. The question is why are they so compelled to make an issue of it.

And by the way I don't have a problem in public toilets with men seeing my heels. I thought I was clear that I am not comfortable with the female gender being in the proximity.
Problem is, the generation gap by that 'majority'. The younger the demographic you talk to is, the less they care. Without saying the two things are the same, just pointing out the generational differences, when you were my age someone your age would have used "common decency" to explain their discomfort with mixed race restrooms and marriages.

Fact of the matter is, when the generation split in a culture war goes that way, eventually the social conservatives get worn down and lose those battles.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Problem is, the generation gap by that 'majority'. The younger the demographic you talk to is, the less they care. Without saying the two things are the same, just pointing out the generational differences, when you were my age someone your age would have used "common decency" to explain their discomfort with mixed race restrooms and marriages.

Fact of the matter is, when the generation split in a culture war goes that way, eventually the social conservatives get worn down and lose those battles.
Don't bring race into this as if older generations were the only individuals that had any bigots in the populace. And besides it's a completely different set of circumstances.

Simply because you say the younger generation doesn't seem to care about "common" decency still doesn't explain why there is a push to change it. If the current generation doesn't care then who or what is behind the movement?Surely not a generation that has no feeling about it one way or another. Face it there is some thought process or faction that is driving this and if it isn't older folks who doesn't want it or younger folks who don't care, then where's the beef?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Don't bring race into this as if older generations were the only individuals that had any bigots in the populace. And besides it's a completely different set of circumstances.

Simply because you say the younger generation doesn't seem to care about "common" decency still doesn't explain why there is a push to change it. If the current generation doesn't care then who or what is behind the movement?Surely not a generation that has no feeling about it one way or another. Face it there is some thought process or faction that is driving this and if it isn't older folks who doesn't want it or younger folks who don't care, then where's the beef?
The only push for change is from the people trying to outlaw transsexuals from bathrooms. Currently in Texas you can walk into whichever restroom that corresponds to your driver's license. Your consistent narrative that it's the other side that's wanting to change things ignores that all the actual law making has focused on attacking the LGBT types.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The only push for change is from the people trying to outlaw transsexuals from bathrooms. Currently in Texas you can walk into whichever restroom that corresponds to your driver's license. Your consistent narrative that it's the other side that's wanting to change things ignores that all the actual law making has focused on attacking the LGBT types.
No I'm not ignoring the source of the ones pushing for the law, I understand that and applaude it. I am wondering why anyone would oppose this type of legislation if the majority are in favor of it and the rest don't care one or another. Obviously then the only faction disagreeing with the legislation would be a those that have an interest in seeing it fail. Who might that be?

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
No I'm not ignoring the source of the ones pushing for the law, I understand that and applaude it. I am.wondering why anyone would oppose this type of legislation if the majority are in favor of it and therest don't care one or another. Obviously then the only faction disagreeing with the legislation would be a those that an interest in seeing it fail. Who might that be?
People who don't want the government dictating every damned little thing in everybody's lives. Same people who don't do drugs and don't think drug laws do any good. Same people who don't like Donald Trump's proposals to regulate religion. I'm going to be against any government intervention in personal matters where someone isn't doing literal demonstrable harm. And, no, I don't think 'making you uncomfortable' counts as harm.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
People who don't want the government dictating every damned little thing in everybody's lives. Same people who don't do drugs and don't think drug laws do any good. Same people who don't like Donald Trump's proposals to regulate religion. I'm going to be against any government intervention in personal matters where someone isn't doing literal demonstrable harm. And, no, I don't think 'making you uncomfortable' counts as harm.
I take it you are finished.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I take it you are finished.
Maybe not quite. I don't think the cops need to be called every time a masculine looking woman or a feminine looking man walks into a public restroom, so they can be dragged someplace and strip searched. That's the only way these idiotic laws you want could be enforced, unless you have a better plan.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe not quite. I don't think the cops need to be called every time a masculine looking woman or a feminine looking man walks into a public restroom, so they can be dragged someplace and strip searched. That's the only way these idiotic laws you want could be enforced, unless you have a better plan.
If that is your primary concern then we obviously have different agendas regarding what the law is trying to accomplish. I see it as a reinforcement of what the majority of the populace want and you think it is another opportunity for law enforcement to mistreat someone. Law enforcement doesn't need another law to accomplish mistreatment for the reasons you depict. If they in fact want to inflict harm on someone they will do it regardless of existing laws.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If that is your primary concern then we obviously have different agendas regarding what the law is trying to accomplish. I see it as a reinforcement of what the majority of the populace want and you think it is another opportunity for law enforcement to mistreat someone. Law enforcement doesn't need another law to accomplish mistreatment for the reasons you depict. If they in fact want to inflict harm on someone they will do it regardless of existing laws.
How do you think the law should be enforced then? There's no point having a law if you can't figure out how to administrate it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
How do you think the law should be enforced then? There's no point having a law if you can't figure out how to administrate it.
I think it would be enforced in the manner in which you depict. This in itself should deter innocent folks from breaking it. As to appearances maybe you think everyone is going to change appearances or look any different than normally do? It doesn't seem to raise a ruckus yet but if a person dressed and looked like a female came into a men's room it will create a concern and maybe that individual needs to be checked. This is what is now causing the circumstances we are discussing now.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think it would be enforced in the manner in which you depict. This in itself should deter innocent folks from breaking it. As to appearances maybe you think everyone is going to change appearances or look any different than normally do? It doesn't seem to raise a ruckus yet but if a person dressed and looked like a female came into a men's room it will create a concern and maybe that individual needs to be checked. This is what is now causing the circumstances we are discussing now.
You mean it would deter an innocent person with unfortunate facial features from being able to use the restroom because they will be arrested and detained for hours if they do? That sounds fair.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You mean it would deter an innocent person with unfortunate facial features from being able to use the restroom because they will be arrested and detained for hours if they do? That sounds fair.
I don't think facial features was part ofmy response.

Cotton

Staff member
Jesus, it's the pit bull thing all over again. Unrealistic danger? Check. Won't somebody please think of the children? Check. Right from the handbook of idiotic fear mongering.

"It ups the danger, period. Evidence? I don't need evidence! I'm an hysterical parent, goddamn it!"
You obviously are not a parent. If you were, the worry would be there. But, since you aren't, you are the typical non-parent. "Stop worrying so damn much. You aren't going to magically lose your child." It's fucking annoying. People that try to tell people how they should worry about their child when they have cats for "kids".

Cotton

Staff member

Yet again, the stupid fucking comparison between race and a psychotic that likes to get attention by separating themselves by millions of other people by wanting to have a pussy instead of a dick. Cause, it's like cool and shit.

Top Bottom