Prospects Dallas Has Shown Interest In - 2014

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For a franchise QB, it's worth it.

I love Manziel, but I'll admit that I think he's a boom or bust guy, IMO. I don't think he'll be a solid starter or something like that.

He's either going to be great, or he's going to be flop....nothing in between.
Too much risk. I don't hate the player, but I don't love him enough to throw that much at him.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Too much risk. I don't hate the player, but I don't love him enough to throw that much at him.
If you're going to give up a lot of resources as Jerry is typically known to do, then at least let it be for a guy who has a chance to change the franchise.

Manziel has a chance to be that guy and I think it's worth a shot. This team is going nowhere fast right now and Manziel could not only be the shot in the arm that it needs, it could change the direction that we're heading in too.

What do we have to lose? It's not like we'll be ruining our path to the Super Bowl if we strike out and miss.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yep. If you are going to sell out it has to be for a stud QB. I think Manziel is just that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I think he and Dez would be a monster combination.

He has the demeanor and fire that would work perfectly with Bryant, and you know he'd throw it up there to him too.

I know Romo wants to cut down his turnovers and all, but he doesn't give Dez enough chances to compete for a jump ball in one on one situations down the field.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Manziel came in a shade under six feet tall when he was measured in Indianapolis on Friday, landing at 5-foot-11 3/4 and 207 pounds in the final reckoning.
Good god, really?

He's smaller than my last three girlfriends

Cotton

Staff member
If you're going to give up a lot of resources as Jerry is typically known to do, then at least let it be for a guy who has a chance to change the franchise.

Manziel has a chance to be that guy and I think it's worth a shot. This team is going nowhere fast right now and Manziel could not only be the shot in the arm that it needs, it could change the direction that we're heading in too.

What do we have to lose? It's not like we'll be ruining our path to the Super Bowl if we strike out and miss.
That's where we disagree. I don't think Manziel will be that guy.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good god, really?

He's smaller than my last three girlfriends
Russell Wilson is a short guy too, although he is of a thicker frame.

I don't think the size will be too much of an issue so long as he doesn't pull a Miachel Vick and run head first into contact all the time.

Cotton

Staff member

:unsure

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Russell Wilson is a short guy too, although he is of a thicker frame.

I don't think the size will be too much of an issue so long as he doesn't pull a Miachel Vick and run head first into contact all the time.
Russell Wilson
No. 3 Seattle Seahawks
Quarterback
Personal information
Date of birth: November 29, 1988 (age 25)
Place of birth: Cincinnati, Ohio
Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m) Weight: 206 lb (93 kg)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Wilson

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Wow....I'm surprised by that.

Wilson definitely looks to have a more full and solid frame.
I was too, I figured Wilson would be around 220 tbh

D

Deuce

Bortles measured in at 6'5 232lb and Bridgewater at 6'2 214lb. Good for Teddy in adding the weight. Maybe this will cool some of his durability questions.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bortles measured in at 6'5 232lb and Bridgewater at 6'2 214lb. Good for Teddy in adding the weight. Maybe this will cool some of his durability questions.
I could definitely see Teddy playing at the 6'2" 220lb weight which is plenty of size for an NFL QB. Sometimes I think injuries with a QB are less about the size of the QB and more about the way a player takes hits. I don't think there is as much correlation between mass and injuries at the position as some people think.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Manziel in the first after trade up. Sam with next pick. Watch the earth burn.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
If I were to give up two 1st + 2nd I would want it to be a sure thing, not a boom or bust...

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I were to give up two 1st + 2nd I would want it to be a sure thing, not a boom or bust...
While I would generally agree with you, what exactly would we be risking?

I mean, if Jerry fired Garrett and stepped back and admitted he needed to change and put in a real coach and a GM or whatever, then I'd be right there with you. But we all know that Jerry isn't going anywhere and neither is this ridiculous, bullshit structure that isn't going to allow us to win anything of note anytime soon.

So would we really be mortgaging our "future" if we were to give up all that and miss on Manziel? The way I look at it, we're headed for doom anyway so we have nothing to lose. But if he becomes a star, a franchise QB can do a lot for you even in a circus like Dallas.

Top Bottom