Week 2 Gameday Chatter Thread | Cowboys at Eagles | 9/20/2015

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I doubt it. I'm not saying we are going to win the division, but I'd bet it will only take around 9 games to do so. And that is well beyond the skins reach. And they won't be in the discussion for a WC, either. 5 to 7 is all they will win.
I wish I could be as confident. Maybe I'll feel better when they play someone other than the Dolphins and Rams, but both those teams have talent.

Jiggyfly

Banned
WORST PLAYERS AT EVERY POSITION FOR WEEK 2
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/21/worst-players-at-every-position-for-week-2/

Guards: John Miller, Bills (-6.1), Mackenzy Bernadeau, Cowboys (-4.9)

Miller allowed one sack and four QB hurries against the Patriots, and just for good measure, added a -2.2 run block grade. He was not good. Bernadeau false-started twice, earned a holding penalty, and allowed four tackles for short or no gain, leading to his -3.2 run block grade.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Eagles got Lee-groed. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I doubt it. I'm not saying we are going to win the division, but I'd bet it will only take around 9 games to do so. And that is well beyond the skins reach. And they won't be in the discussion for a WC, either. 5 to 7 is all they will win.
The Redskins are doing what we did last year. Leaning on an unstoppable running game.

Biggest issue is their defense. They've drawn the Dolphins and Rams. I will wait and see how they do against slightly better offenses first.

But I think they are better, which is a little remarkable as they looked like a train wreck a few weeks ago.

Giants are pretty much done if they lose Thursday.

Eagles are looking like toast too. You can't upset the apple cart like Kelly has done and not win. He'll lose the team if they don't rip off wins soon.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The point is moot because Philly can't afford the cap hit, but I wouldn't touch Murray right now. Sure his line sucks right now, but you can't say how much of his struggles can be attributed to treadwear.
Philly tries to get him to the edge too much...poorly executed too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What other QBs are out there? I can't imagine anyone any good.
They should check in with Tenn and see if they would move Mettenberger.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I would have been good with Vick if he hadn't signed with Pitt.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Redskins are doing what we did last year. Leaning on an unstoppable running game.
Teams will adjust. And when they do, then you'll find out where the big difference between the two teams lies. A passing game that will make teams pay for stacking the box. We had it last year, the skins don't have it this year.

When that happens, I don't think their running game will quite as 'unstoppable'.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Teams will adjust. And when they do, then you'll find out where the big difference between the two teams lies. A passing game that will make teams pay for stacking the box. We had it last year, the skins don't have it this year.

When that happens, I don't think their running game will quite as 'unstoppable'.
After about six games or so, teams could have adjusted to Dallas' run game last year. We still kept rolling along. From what I saw yesterday, their OL is crisp in their execution like we used to be.

You might be right that they peter out, but both Morris and Jones look very good.

dallen

Senior Tech
Sean Lee is a Brady Bottle Lock HOFer if he could have stayed reasonably healthy.
Did anyone else never realize that Bradie Bottle Lock is supposed to be said to the tune of Baby Bottle Pop? I had a sudden flash of insight the other day that has shaken my very core.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I sure do.

And what the hell is the point in splitting series with offensive lineman? It's the dumbest thing you can do in my opinion. O-lineman build continuity with each other as games go on and as seasons go on. By rotating these guys you're basically just fucking with them. It seems like some dumb pop warner move to keep both guys happy by giving them both a chance to play.
I think they are moving that direction, but they aren't sure Collins is ready to make the right reads and pick up his man in obvious passing situations.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think they are moving that direction, but they aren't sure Collins is ready to make the right reads and pick up his man in obvious passing situations.
I think they go with the better run guy for a while. To me, that is Collins. Easy.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
After about six games or so, teams could have adjusted to Dallas' run game last year. We still kept rolling along. From what I saw yesterday, their OL is crisp in their execution like we used to be.

You might be right that they peter out, but both Morris and Jones look very good.
They do look good. I'll give them that. But I think once teams start to try and take the run away, they don't have enough in the passing game to back them off like we did last year. And I think it will eventually slow that running game down.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Washington has to be the most excited franchise in the NFL after week 2. They go from a last placed laughing stock to having a real shot to take the division. Turns out Eagles suck, Giants suck, and Dallas is a walking M*A*S*H unit.

They signed a true space-eating DT in FA.

They drafted a real RB.

They improved the OL.

Anyone who doesn't think they are a threat to take the East is high.
I think the Skins finish either third or fourth in the division still.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume coaching is on your resume.

Look forward to your QB analysis in your weekly primer.
I agree with you on Mettenberger. If he could be traded for I would do it yesterday. He looks pretty good as a passer.

Top Bottom