They are sure putting a lot of stock into two things:

1) RGII is actually healthy
2) RGIII is a pocket passer not a product of the read-option

We shall see
I don't see how RGII's health matters

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hell Gruden seems to prefer pocket passers since he wanted Dalton over Kaepernick. He might want Cousins.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If he was there under Carl Peterson....he is as good as hired. Ross loves him some Peterson.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

dallen

Senior Tech
Yeah, I didn't know this guy was on staff. Jerome Henderson is the secondary coach and Joe Baker is assistant seconadry coach. I guess when heads roll we lose our assistant special teams coach and our assistant to the assistant secondary coach.l

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I had no idea either and its bad when even Rainman doesn't know.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Report: Mike Zimmer to have second interview with Vikings

Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2014, 8:24 AM EST

The Vikings interviewed a pair of 49ers assistants on Saturday, completing more than a week’s worth of interviews that has apparently left them ready to progress to the next round of the search process.

Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that Bengals defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer will have a second interview with the team early next week. Zimmer has been called the favorite to land the job in multiple reports out of Minnesota and the invitation to return for another conversation won’t do anything to quiet that speculation.

It doesn’t mean that he has the job sewn up, though. Chris Tomasson of the Pioneer Press reports that the Vikings are expected to add two other finalists to Zimmer as they move toward naming Leslie Frazier’s replacement. Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles is thought to have a good chance of being part of that group, but nothing has been set up yet.

49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman and defensive line coach Jim Tomsula interviewed on Saturday, joining Zimmer, Bowles, Browns defensive coordinator Ray Horton, Seahawks offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell and Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn. If either of the San Francisco or Seattle coaches are finalists, it may be a while before the Vikings can name their next head coach.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
:lol

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I can't understand why anyone would want to work for that organization. It's more dysfunctional than ours.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I can't understand why anyone would want to work for that organization. It's more dysfunctional than ours.
I figured they'd have to dredge up someone like Jim Fassel or Chan Gailey or Fat Wade, desperate for one last check, but Munchak won't get too many more shots anyway, and he might be able to pull a longer contract out of them to compensate for their lack of trustworthiness.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't think the Browns are that bad of a situation, especially if Hoyer turns out to be the real deal. They have a shot at being pretty competitive pretty quickly.

My biggest concern would be whether I could pick my own staff.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I don't think the Browns are that bad of a situation, especially if Hoyer turns out to be the real deal. They have a shot at being pretty competitive pretty quickly.

My biggest concern would be whether I could pick my own staff.

That is not a minor issue though. I'd say it is pretty foundational for whoever to establish their program the way they want.

Top Bottom