TV Thread

Jiggyfly

Banned
Been going back through NYPD Blue since DTV has been replaying the series and it holds up great.

If it was going now I think it would still be a top rated show Sipowitz is still one of the all time assholes in tv history.:lol

D

Deuce

I don't really think age has that much to do with it they just need somebody who can bring that intensity, plus they have to make him look old on Blackish because him and Anderson are only 3 years different in age.:lol

Mackie is kind of high profile right now and he is a good actor so maybe that would work.
So a day after Fox announces they are remaking the show, BBC announces they are bringing Elba back for a 2 part mini-series to wrap their show up.

:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
SOA is really bringing it home right now. I was afraid that they wouldn't end it properly, but so far they are doing it right. We will see what these last two episodes bring.

D

Deuce

SOA is really bringing it home right now. I was afraid that they wouldn't end it properly, but so far they are doing it right. We will see what these last two episodes bring.
I don't know. It's been good, but I can't shake this feeling that he's going to let Gemma live. That would ruin it for me.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't know. It's been good, but I can't shake this feeling that he's going to let Gemma live. That would ruin it for me.
While I don't think it would ruin it for me, but if Gemma's only punishment is to be isolated from her grandkids, it will taint the series for me. She caused a shit ton of harm, and deserves to get killed. Like I said, we will see what the last two episodes bring. But, I really think either she will kill herself, or Jax will.

D

Deuce

While I don't think it would ruin it for me, but if Gemma's only punishment is to be isolated from her grandkids, it will taint the series for me. She caused a shit ton of harm, and deserves to get killed. Like I said, we will see what the last two episodes bring. But, I really think either she will kill herself, or Jax will.
She's been the ultimate evil since the series started. She killed Jax's dad, killed his wife, manipulated countless bad ideas. If her husband wasn't the writer/creator of the show I think her death would be imminent. But I'm not sure.

Cotton

Staff member
She's been the ultimate evil since the series started. She killed Jax's dad, killed his wife, manipulated countless bad ideas. If her husband wasn't the writer/creator of the show I think her death would be imminent. But I'm not sure.
Hopefully, he doesn't let that cloud his writing. Kill that bitch.

D

Deuce

Hopefully, he doesn't let that cloud his writing. Kill that bitch.
Well it definitely has throughout the series, but my hope is he knows this thing is done so might as well let her go out in a blaze of glory. If he thinks theres even the slightest chance for a movie followup, she'll live.

Cotton

Staff member
Well it definitely has throughout the series, but my hope is he knows this thing is done so might as well let her go out in a blaze of glory. If he thinks theres even the slightest chance for a movie followup, she'll live.
I don't know. I'm not sure his writing has been clouded. It very well could be viewed that he was building her character up to be so hated that killing her would be wanted by the watchers. Making the ending even that much better.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Better Call Saul to debut February 8 with two-night series premiere

By Katie Rife@futureschlock Nov 20, 2014 4:04 PM

Valentine’s Day will come a week early for Breaking Bad fans as AMC sets a date for the premiere of the rabidly anticipated spinoff series Better Call Saul. Sunday, February 8 at 10 p.m. will be the day when Americans with basic cable will abandon those they once thought they loved in favor of a passionate affair with Bob Odenkirk’s lubricous attorney Saul Goodman, followed by the second episode on Monday, February 9 at 10 p.m. (The show will continue to air Mondays at 10 p.m. for the rest of its 10-episode first season.) AMC has pushed back the release date for Better Call Saul before, but this particular announcement came with a new, typically ambiguous teaser trailer with a date on it and everything, leading the nation to take slow, hesitant steps toward opening its heart and learning to trust a TV show once again. Of course, there’s always the possibility that the show won’t be as good as we all hoped it would be, but if we’ve never risked a broken heart, then have we ever really loved at all?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Killer robot cowboys are a go as HBO orders Westworld to series

By Alex McCown@alexm247 Nov 18, 2014 11:24 AM

HBO has officially ordered Westworld to series—a decision that no doubt comes as a relief to Anthony Hopkins, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, and the many others already cast on the show, who otherwise would’ve had to continue playing make-believe cowboy robots in their backyards for no pay, like the rest of us do. As previously reported, the series is based on Michael Crichton’s 1973 movie of the same name, about a futuristic amusement park where tourists can experience the thrill of being shot at by robots dressed like cowboys. (A thrill they would hitherto have had to experience vicariously through watching said movie, or the short-lived TV series Beyond Westworld.)

Co-written and directed by Jonathan Nolan, HBO announced the pickup by releasing the above image, a reference to Once Upon A Time In The West that is likely the name of the Wild West section of the park. HBO then posted a Vine confirming the 2015 premiere, because its social media consultant assured it that Vines are totally 2015, and presumably killer robots also love posting six-second blips of their murder sprees.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Killer robot cowboys are a go as HBO orders Westworld to series

By Alex McCown@alexm247 Nov 18, 2014 11:24 AM

HBO has officially ordered Westworld to series—a decision that no doubt comes as a relief to Anthony Hopkins, James Marsden, Thandie Newton, and the many others already cast on the show, who otherwise would’ve had to continue playing make-believe cowboy robots in their backyards for no pay, like the rest of us do. As previously reported, the series is based on Michael Crichton’s 1973 movie of the same name, about a futuristic amusement park where tourists can experience the thrill of being shot at by robots dressed like cowboys. (A thrill they would hitherto have had to experience vicariously through watching said movie, or the short-lived TV series Beyond Westworld.)

Co-written and directed by Jonathan Nolan, HBO announced the pickup by releasing the above image, a reference to Once Upon A Time In The West that is likely the name of the Wild West section of the park. HBO then posted a Vine confirming the 2015 premiere, because its social media consultant assured it that Vines are totally 2015, and presumably killer robots also love posting six-second blips of their murder sprees.
This is greatness, I loved that movie when I was a kid :towel

jeebs

Brand New Member
Sons of Anarchy is almost unwatchable stupid. How am I supposed to believe 6 guys on bikes are a force to be reckoned with?

I just cant wait for it to end (of course I still watch it).

Jiggyfly

Banned
Sons of Anarchy is almost unwatchable stupid. How am I supposed to believe 6 guys on bikes are a force to be reckoned with?

I just cant wait for it to end (of course I still watch it).
I am right there with you and they had the audacity to make every episode this season 90 minutes.

But yeah I am just waiting on the season to end so I can binge watch it.:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
Anybody watch Hell on Wheels, I know Simp did.

This Season has been great they really tightened up the story lines and the acting is great, I don't know why Anson Mount is not a bigger star he has been killing it.

Anybody who is a great fan of Westerns needs to jump on this, season 2 is not great, but 1,3 and 4 are good to great.

I think there are about 2 episodes left this season so I expect AMC to run a marathon if anybody wants to catch up.

D

Deuce

This Season has been great they really tightened up the story lines and the acting is great, I don't know why Anson Mount is not a bigger star he has been killing it.

Anybody who is a great fan of Westerns needs to jump on this, season 2 is not great, but 1,3 and 4 are good to great.

I think there are about 2 episodes left this season so I expect AMC to run a marathon if anybody wants to catch up.
I dropped out after season 2. Just lost interest. I'm sure I'll go back and watch it all someday but there's just too much on that I enjoy more.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

I watch it and love it. This has been the best season so far but there is only one episode left.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I dropped out after season 2. Just lost interest. I'm sure I'll go back and watch it all someday but there's just too much on that I enjoy more.
Yeah I recommend picking it back up.

The funny thing is I almost deleted it from my DVR but decided to give this season a couple of episodes and was hooked.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I watch it and love it. This has been the best season so far but there is only one episode left.
This has been a dark end of the season once they brought you know who back, the deaths have been shocking.

D

Deuce

Yeah I recommend picking it back up.

The funny thing is I almost deleted it from my DVR but decided to give this season a couple of episodes and was hooked.
I saw one episode from last season and it involved the Scandinavian dude killing off a family taking care of him and some crazy Mormons. Figured I was too far behind and just left again.

Top Bottom