TV Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good episode of TWD last night.

Glad they got the Eugene stuff out of the way.
Yeah, and now I'm hoping Duke Nukem goes away.

Cotton

Staff member
SOA just got really really good.

D

Deuce

Not only was The League on point again last night, but Riggle was a great add. I hope they keep him going for a few more episodes.

junk

Not So New Member
Did anyone like the last episode of Boardwalk? I don't think I did.
The whole series was kind of a disappointment. It had a ton of potential. I thought they killed off some of the more interesting characters like Jimmy and Richard Harrow. I hated the way they ended the Chalky storyline. I just never found Nucky to be that interesting of a character, I guess. Good to see Mickey Doyle go. Good to see Narcisse go. It was OK series, but no where near The Sopranos or The Wire.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I hope this week is a better TWD...rape hospital is not getting it done for me.

Carp

DCC 4Life
TWD...

So it appears that they are setting up the midseason finale to be breaking Carol and Beth out of the hospital. I find this a bit underwhelming after a real promising start to the season. Was hoping for something bigger than that. There is nothing that the hospital people do that interests me and I still don't understand how they became what they are...and why they are wearing cop uniforms.

Cotton

Staff member
TWD...

So it appears that they are setting up the midseason finale to be breaking Carol and Beth out of the hospital. I find this a bit underwhelming after a real promising start to the season. Was hoping for something bigger than that. There is nothing that the hospital people do that interests me and I still don't understand how they became what they are...and why they are wearing cop uniforms.
No doubt. It's not exactly overwhelming considering how the season started. Not sure where they are headed with this, but this episode in particular drug on just basically show how Carol got taken in by the new nazi patrol.

D

Deuce

No doubt. It's not exactly overwhelming considering how the season started. Not sure where they are headed with this, but this episode in particular drug on just basically show how Carol got taken in by the new nazi patrol.
It also revealed the mystery character Daryl pulled out of the bushes in his return to the church.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
It also revealed the mystery character Daryl pulled out of the bushes in his return to the church.
Even with that it seemed really dragged out, it felt like half an episode to me.

Cotton

Staff member
Even with that it seemed really dragged out, it felt like half an episode to me.
It was boring as hell. Hopefully they do better moving forward.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think we could all see that coming...that Noah would be that guy. The problem is that no one is all that invested in the hospital people because they have not been really explained...they just kind of are. At least we know the Terminus folks were cannibals, these guys are really nothing. They have a doctor, some people dressed like cops, that lady in power for some reason, and they like to do some sexing of young girls. Nothing else is too interesting...it is like they are dragging their feet getting to Negan and The Saviors...and Alexandria.

D

Deuce

Looks like Fox is continuing to steal BBC hits for themselves. They've now acquired Luther and plan to release it next year. Phenominal show, but that's cause of Idris Elba who won't be starring in this one.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Looks like Fox is continuing to steal BBC hits for themselves. They've now acquired Luther and plan to release it next year. Phenominal show, but that's cause of Idris Elba who won't be starring in this one.
Interesting but I don't know who could compete with Elba, if not for him and the killer chick Luther was pretty ridiculous.

Fishbourne maybe?

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Walking Dead just seems better done this season, it's not just a bunch of gratuitous violence and repetitive storylines with the Governor. I like the episodes that focus on one group, they can drag a bit but I think the focus makes them better overall.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Walking Dead just seems better done this season, it's not just a bunch of gratuitous violence and repetitive storylines with the Governor. I like the episodes that focus on one group, they can drag a bit but I think the focus makes them better overall.
There has been exactly one quality episode and then a bunch of slow moving crap that at the end of the day means zero.

They need to get this ship righted.

D

Deuce

Interesting but I don't know who could compete with Elba, if not for him and the killer chick Luther was pretty ridiculous.

Fishbourne maybe?
He's probably too old. Have you seen him in Blackish? He looks his age now.

Honestly, and not surprising, Elba just sets the bar too high. He's that good. Maybe a B level actor like Anthony Mackie could get the part and do it justice.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He's probably too old. Have you seen him in Blackish? He looks his age now.

Honestly, and not surprising, Elba just sets the bar too high. He's that good. Maybe a B level actor like Anthony Mackie could get the part and do it justice.
I don't really think age has that much to do with it they just need somebody who can bring that intensity, plus they have to make him look old on Blackish because him and Anderson are only 3 years different in age.:lol

Mackie is kind of high profile right now and he is a good actor so maybe that would work.

Top Bottom