2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

Makes no sense. Does O'Leary care about having the last laugh against ND? He screwed up in his application/resume process with ND. Do you think he actually has some sort of vendetta against ND? Doubt it. If ND offered him the head coaching job again tomorrow he'd be on the first plane to South Bend.

And last night is the pinnacle for UCF. Can't do anything more there. They have no shot of getting in a 4 team playoff ever. They could go undefeated and still wouldn't make it over a ton of teams with one loss (including ND). Good luck with that.
I guess you don't understand the new Access Bowl scenario. If that goes through or the next phase of realignment takes place that we do have a shot.

So, in short, suck it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I guess you don't understand the new Access Bowl scenario. If that goes through or the next phase of realignment takes place that we do have a shot.

So, in short, suck it.
You small fry will never compete with the greatness that is Notre Dame. Deal with it, pal.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Congrats Duece. That's a good win for your program and should steal some recruits.

D

Deuce

Congrats Duece. That's a good win for your program and should steal some recruits.
Thank you, sir. I never felt comfortable even when up 17 with 6 to go. Baylor showed at least 3 times last night how quick they can turn the tables and score in under 2 minutes.

Seastrunk is just amazingly quick and fast. Reese we were able to handle but we did get loose once and Petty just missed him.

Tony D

DCC 4Life

So, in short, suck it.
I don't understand it. Please explain. I thought this new thing was a 10 or 12 year deal?

Tony D

DCC 4Life
And yes congrats to the only UCF fan I've ever ran across, congrats Deuce!

D

Deuce

I don't understand it. Please explain. I thought this new thing was a 10 or 12 year deal?
I don't know if it's been approved yet or they were waiting til after the season to finalize it, but they talked about having the committee select the best team of the non-Power 5 conferences to play in the 4 team playoff if they reach specific requirements based on rankings and record. So getting up to the top 4 spots of the ranking isn't a must. There are more specifics but I'll have to go back and look for the article that spelled it out.

Some P5 AD's are completely against it, mostly in the SEC cause they want a better chance to get 2 of their teams in. But a lot of AD's seem ok with it as it doesn't completely shun half of D1 football. If Bortles and Storm come back for their final year, I think our shot at being that team is huge. Running the table with another win over PSU (in Ireland so the exposure will be huge), at Mizzou and BYU at home will get us high up there.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I don't know if it's been approved yet or they were waiting til after the season to finalize it, but they talked about having the committee select the best team of the non-Power 5 conferences to play in the 4 team playoff if they reach specific requirements based on rankings and record. So getting up to the top 4 spots of the ranking isn't a must. There are more specifics but I'll have to go back and look for the article that spelled it out.

Some P5 AD's are completely against it, mostly in the SEC cause they want a better chance to get 2 of their teams in. But a lot of AD's seem ok with it as it doesn't completely shun half of D1 football. If Bortles and Storm come back for their final year, I think our shot at being that team is huge. Running the table with another win over PSU (in Ireland so the exposure will be huge), at Mizzou and BYU at home will get us high up there.
Ok, I didn't hear that. That would be for year 1 of the playoff? And I wonder what the criteria for ranking would be?

You guys had a great year and the losses were tight games against good teams.

D

Deuce

The Fiesta Bowl garnered a 7.1 overnight rating for Central Florida upending Baylor 52-42, up nine percent from the 2013 Orange Bowl, which aired in the corresponding day/time slot (6.5, Florida State defeating Northern Illinois 31-10). Orlando led all markets with a 17.4, the highest bowl overnight rating ever for an ESPN network in the market.

Big time numbers for a game that "Nobody wants to watch" like certain media dickheads like Darren Rovel has been tweeting out prior to last night. I hope Bowlsby was paying attention to this.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Great job for ucf. I was surprised with how well coached the defense was. You could tell that the staff put in a great plan that worked. I think that Baylor was frustrated when they weren't hitting those deep routes so easily. The announcers correctly said that the DBS were playing the routes and being in right spot at the right time. It takes guts to play a downfield passing team like that and win. Solid solid performance all around. I know there were some. Ritual errors but they just kept plugging away.

You guys gotta figure out to get folks to go to the home games ASAP though. Do that and you are well on your way. The student body is too big to not be able to fill a 45k capacity stadium.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea but do you have the ratings for the showing of the great American classic, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King last night on TNT?

D

Deuce

Great job for ucf. I was surprised with how well coached the defense was. You could tell that the staff put in a great plan that worked. I think that Baylor was frustrated when they weren't hitting those deep routes so easily. The announcers correctly said that the DBS were playing the routes and being in right spot at the right time. It takes guts to play a downfield passing team like that and win. Solid solid performance all around. I know there were some. Ritual errors but they just kept plugging away.

You guys gotta figure out to get folks to go to the home games ASAP though. Do that and you are well on your way. The student body is too big to not be able to fill a 45k capacity stadium.
We had record attendance this year as far as game average. Mostly cause of some bandwagon locals who have no ties to the school, but I'll take any increase I can get. I think our attendance will continue to grow. Our fanbase, much like our school and program, are young. As alumni grow, so will the support.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Okaaaaaaaaay....unfortunately that first drive went just like I expected.

Luckily I have the Thunder playing tonight so I have an alternative to watching this beatdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom