Video Game Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
On that entire list, I see one game that is 720p xbox and 1080p ps4.
Then you need to look again.

Call of Duty, BF4, abs AC4 all run on higher resolutions on PS4 as does Madden.

Last edited:

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
If I have PS Plus on PS3 does it transfer to PS4?

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Then you need to look again.

Call of Duty, BF4, abs AC4 all run on higher resolutions on PS4 as does Madden.
Only Call of Duty is 720 vs 1080 like you originally said.

BF4 is 720 vs 900

AC4 is 900 vs 1080.

NBA, FIFA, NFS, UFC all both at 1080

I could find no info on Madden. Although Pastapadre said the running game was tighter on Xbox. http://www.pastapadre.com/2013/11/26/differences-in-xbox-one-and-ps4-versions-of-madden-nfl-25-and-nba-2k14

So 4 games at equal 1080p resolution.

1 game xbox 720p ps4 1080p

And 2 games with ps4 running at other greater resolutions.

Fanboys. :dunce

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
EZ, these are PS+ updates for this week on PS3:

PlayStation Plus
Here are this week’s new PlayStation Plus perks. Keep in mind that previous weeks’ perks are still in effect as well.

Borderlands 2 (PS3, Free)
Dragon’s Crown (PS3/Vita, Discount)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3, Discount)
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3, Discount)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3, Discount)
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins (PS3, Discount)
MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Discount)
NHL 14 (PS3, Discount)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3, Discount)
Spelunky (PS3/Vita, Discount)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge (PS3, Discount)
The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3, Discount)
Tomb Raider (PS3/DLC, Discount)

dallen

Senior Tech
If I have PS Plus on PS3 does it transfer to PS4?
Yes, and make sure you go the playstation store from a web browser and "purchase" the free ps4 games each month. That way they'll be available when you get a ps4. As far as I know you can't do it from the PS store on the PS3. I have like 30 Vita games through PS+ and I don't even own a Vita.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
EZ, these are PS+ updates for this week on PS3:

PlayStation Plus
Here are this week’s new PlayStation Plus perks. Keep in mind that previous weeks’ perks are still in effect as well.

Borderlands 2 (PS3, Free)
Dragon’s Crown (PS3/Vita, Discount)
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (PS3, Discount)
Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires (PS3, Discount)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS3, Discount)
Marvel vs. Capcom Origins (PS3, Discount)
MLB 13: The Show (PS3, Discount)
NHL 14 (PS3, Discount)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3, Discount)
Spelunky (PS3/Vita, Discount)
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge (PS3, Discount)
The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3, Discount)
Tomb Raider (PS3/DLC, Discount)
So I have a PS4 now. It came with the little "30 day free trial of PS Plus." Couple questions....

Are these games downloadable? And then I can keep them forever on my hard drive?

Are they free forever? Like they keep adding more to the list? Or do they change the list all the time, swapping some in and others out?

Finally, my PS3 is experiencing Blue Light of Death. I have to send it in for servicing. When does this list expire? Should I submit my free trial now, buy the PS4 games through my PS3 (as dallen says, above) so I have them when I get my console back? Or should I wait to get my console back before starting my free trial?

I feel like I should wait, so I can actually have a console to take advantage of the rest of the services PSPlus offers. But if those good games are going to go away, maybe it's more worth it to get it now and "get" some of those free games, so that I'll have them when it comes back.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The games are always free so long as you are a PS+ member.

If you download free games today and decide tomorrow you don't want PS+, then you no longer have access to that game.

And yes, they are on there for a limited time. Sometimes it's a few weeks, sometimes 2 months, but once it's gone, you can't go back and download it retroactively.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
http://kotaku.com/leaked-documents-reveal-that-fallout-4-is-real-set-in-1481322956

Leaked Documents Reveal That Fallout 4 Is Real, Set In Boston

Still upset about that massive Fallout 4 hoax? Here's some good news for you: The next entry in Bethesda's post-apocalyptic RPG series is real, it's in development right now, and, as rumored, it appears to be set in Boston, according to casting documents obtained by Kotaku.12

Two weeks ago, a Kotaku reader sent me several documents from a casting call for a project code-named Institute. The casting documents, which I've been able to confirm are real, include scripts, character descriptions, and other details about the next Fallout, and although the word Fallout does not appear in these scripts, there are several references to Fallout's setting and locations. (The casting director for this project also worked on other Bethesda games, like Dishonored and Skyrim.)3

This is the first confirmation we've received that the next Fallout game is in the works—although it's been generally assumed that Bethesda Game Studios, the development studio behind Fallout 3, has been working on a new Fallout since completing The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim back in 2011, Bethesda has yet to announce the new game in any form. In 2012, rumors circulated that Bethesda employees were scouting the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Boston for an upcoming Fallout game, but other than that, news has been thin.

Yet the next Fallout remains one of the world's most anticipated games, and a few weeks ago, when an apparent teaser website called TheSurvivor2299 popped up on Reddit, people went crazy. The site, which was crafted as if it were an alternate reality game, hinted at a Fallout 4 announcement through a trickle of hidden messages and plot details, revealed through morse code and other cyphers. The sheer level of detail made the website seem real to some observers, but Bethesda wouldn't comment one way or another.

Turned out TheSurvivor2299 was an elaborate hoax. Fortunately, the next Fallout game is real, and although we don't know what it's called, we know thanks to these documents that the game is in the works.

Although some of the details I've seen may have been written simply for the casting call, and any of the dialogue could be changed by the time the next Fallout is actually released, they're interesting to read through. Here's what could be the game's opening intro, for example:

"War. War never changes," is the classic introduction used at the beginning of Fallouts 1, 2, and 3. That speech is typically narrated by actor Ron Perlman, although this page seems to suggest that the player-character will read the monologue this time around.

Other documents describe a mission set in the Institute—Fallout's post-apocalyptic version of MIT—and references to other Fallout locations that have been mentioned but never shown in other games, like the Commonwealth, which comprises what's left of Massachusetts.

One character in the documents—who, again, may not show up in the actual game—is named Preston Garvey. One script describes a mission in which Garvey sends you to salvage a fusion core from a museum in the Commonwealth.

The casting documents describe some of the other characters in the next Fallout's wasteland, like a radio DJ named Travis Miles and an engineer named Sturges who is described as "a cross between Buddy Holly and Vin Diesel." Casting calls for both the male and female versions of the player character note that the player begins the game in a cryogenic sleep chamber.

Again, it's worth noting that these details may have been invented for the casting call, and they may change during development. We also don't know whether the game will be called Fallout 4, or whether Boston will be the sole setting or just one of many.

The big takeaway here is that the next Fallout game is real. It's currently in development at Bethesda. So if you're upset about that teaser website turning out to be a hoax, at least take some comfort in this.

Bethesda declined to comment for this story.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I ended up with an Xbox One, not my first choice but I found one in stock and grabbed it. I actually ran an add on craiglist trying to trade it for a PS4 plus a little bit to save the difference in price but I couldn't hold out and ended up opening the box and hooking up the system. I must admit I kinda like the set up. I played Madden at a friends house on the PS4 and then on my Xbox One and didn't notice much difference (other than the fucking X button being in a different spot). The few apps I've downlowd seem to work great, Netflx, Hulu, Youtube. I even downloaded the Xbox fitness app and did my first workout last night. Overall I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Anyone have suggestions for games or apps that i should try? I generally just play sports games but I used to play Halo so I guess I will get that when it comes out.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
In case any of you are interested, Amazon just got some PS4's up for sale so if you want one (Booze?), now would be the time to grab one.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Playmaker, how is BF4 performing for you after the patches?

For me, it's made a big difference and the game doesn't crash anywhere near as much as it used to. It's not perfect, but the game is far more stable and enjoyable now.

If you don't play Conquest, then you may not have noticed because that was the game mode that was having the most trouble. TDM and Domination ran relatively smooth.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
EZ, really good month for PS+ on PS3.

Both Bioshock Infinite and Devil May Cry make their way for PS3.

Two AAA titles for free. :towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Played The Walking Dead demo. Not sure if I like the playing as Clementine angle.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Anyone have the Madden 25 draft cheat spreadsheet?

Top Bottom