2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Not liking this Charlie Strong at Texas stuff at all. He is at least saying all the right things about completely changing the culture at Texas. Not good.
If they buy what he's selling and Texas goes from country club to hardnosed they will be a major major force.

D

Deuce

Not sure if its what LT was alluding to, but I read elsewhere that UT and OK were possibly packaging themselves to PAC 16 and the rest of Big 12 would invite UCF, USF, Cinncy and BYU to form new conference.

But rumors like that have been running wild for years.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, I'm hoping he can be something special. He is the one that Kingsbury seems to really want to be the starter over the next few years after he redshirts.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Just talked to the guy right under Hocutt and he says the chances of Tech being able to get out from under their contract with the Big 12 is slim to none.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Not sure if its what LT was alluding to, but I read elsewhere that UT and OK were possibly packaging themselves to PAC 16 and the rest of Big 12 would invite UCF, USF, Cinncy and BYU to form new conference.

But rumors like that have been running wild for years.
Like I said earlier, there was a deal a few years ago for that to happen but it wasn't just UT and OU. UT is never going to share the spotlight with USC and such. The PAC 12 has a very fair and balanced conference agreement. Texas pretty much runs the show here. The PAC 12 wouldn't sign off on the Longhorn Network, so Texas called the deal off. Thus screwing the other 3 schools and further weakening the Big 12 as a whole. Fun times.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Darrin Chiaverini to TTU as ST coach! Yay for scrappy white guys!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I remember the name too, little white guy WR, 2001 was one of the 5-11 years though so there's that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Two years ago Brewer lit it up as a freshman in the camps. He was expected to take over the reigns as a sophmore. This triggered a reaction of older QBs not wanting to sit behind him and never play. Then Brewer got hurt and a couple of freshman battled it out for the job. Brewer was given first team reps for the bowl game and then lost out to again t a freshman.

Jacob Karam - graduated early and went on the start at Memphis
Scotty Young - 4 star stud out of Denton tranfered to LaTech - didn't want to compete with Brewer
Matt Nicholis - bust, transfered out
Brewer - lost the job to a freshman after being hurt. Transfering, will have 2 years left after graduating early.
Baker Mayfield - punk who left in a huff. This was after he walked on and won the job as a true freshman. He did well until big 12 play where he turned into a turnover machine.

The crazy thing is that all of these QBs left because they saw that Brewer was young and going to be the starter. Brewer ended up injured and then losing the job. Now brewer is transfering and all of the guys that didn't want to compete with him are somewhere else.
I'm surprised they haven't at least pursued a JUCO QB to fill some of that gap. I would think a JUCO would be salivating at the opportunity to step in there and start right away.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I'm surprised they haven't at least pursued a JUCO QB to fill some of that gap. I would think a JUCO would be salivating at the opportunity to step in there and start right away.
I really think the freshman is going to be good for 3 years. Whoever signs will prolly sit for a while. A juco QB will never see the field IMO.

They just took 3 walk ons on the team plus they will sign another/take a transfer. There's a chance that Matt Davis will make the switch from aTm. He was originally going to commit to Tech and then liked what he saw in College Station. Kliff knows the player, so there's that.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I googled him. He was with the Cowboys in 2001. Man, I do not remember him.
I remember him. Mainly because his uncle and I used to watch football at the same sports bar.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I totally remember Chiaverini.

People we're hoping he'd be a white wide receiver with potential ala Patrick Jeffers.

It was not to be.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I totally remember Chiaverini.

People we're hoping he'd be a white wide receiver with potential ala Patrick Jeffers.

It was not to be.
Watch it Ace. You are dangerously close to getting a grammar and English lesson from you know who.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom