2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

midswat

... soon
Anyone ever look at past list of players we've had and get amazed at how sucked in you get into thinking a player will be a steal for the team?

I really thought Jakar Hamilton was gonna be a good FS for us.

Markus Steele too.

God I used to be such a homer.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
had high hopes for B. W. Webb, but he fucked me over like all the others

midswat

... soon
Jason Williams reminded me of Patrick Willis.

Back to the shadows I go.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Springsteen? To a bunch of 24 year olds? Yeah, they'll relate to that.

Garrett has to be the whitest man in America.

midswat

... soon
I'm not going to read it but I'm sure it's typical pathetic Garrett chicken soup for the soul bullshit.

God I hate that fucker.

Also, back on the old players... Rashard Lee (and Tyson Thompson) were supposed to be 1k rushers for us, in my homer mcfanboy mind.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I like that he's saying "We weren't good enough."
To me it is more of the same "go to work, keep grinding" crap that he loves to talk about, well away from being anything close to critical and challenging them on how good they are.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Anyone ever look at past list of players we've had and get amazed at how sucked in you get into thinking a player will be a steal for the team?

I really thought Jakar Hamilton was gonna be a good FS for us.

Markus Steele too.

God I used to be such a homer.
:lol

Yup, I remember those days.

I took a turn for the pessimistic after 2005. We choked so many games that year and I guess I was just tired of watching the Cowboys be either a bad team or a soft, choking one for too many years that it took its toll on me.

But prior to 2005, I actually thought even some of those Dave Campo teams had players that could turn into something. Some of the guys from before, during, and after the Dave Campo era were Kareem Larrimore, Markus Steele, Izell Reese, Jason Tucker, Willie Blade, etc.

I thought these guys actually had ability. Man was I wrong.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm not going to read it but I'm sure it's typical pathetic Garrett chicken soup for the soul bullshit.

God I hate that fucker.

Also, back on the old players... Rashard Lee (and Tyson Thompson) were supposed to be 1k rushers for us, in my homer mcfanboy mind.
I thought Rashard Lee was a player too.

Didn't think much of Thompson, though.

midswat

... soon
Agreed. Witten SHOULD rank higher on my favorite Cowboys of all time list. Former Tennessee Volunteer great, wanted him heading into the draft and I turned the draft off when we passed on him in the 2nd, then came home later that night, drunk, and cheering like a retard when I logged into ESPN and saw we took him. Came in and has been nothing but through and through Cowboys player. All time great and future ROH/HOF'er.

Maybe its how unglamourous his position is, or his lack of big game moments. Idk. I definitely love the player but I feel like I won't appreciate him fully until he's retired.

midswat

... soon

Yup, I remember those days.

I took a turn for the pessimistic after 2005. We choked so many games that year and I guess I was just tired of watching the Cowboys be either a bad team or a soft, choking one for too many years that it took its toll on me.

But prior to 2005, I actually thought even some of those Dave Campo teams had players that could turn into something. Some of the guys from before, during, and after the Dave Campo era were Kareem Larrimore, Markus Steele, Izell Reese, Jason Tucker, Willie Blade, etc.

I thought these guys actually had ability. Man was I wrong.
2012 was the year my homer was broke.

Every year prior to that - and I attribute this to being spoiled by jumping on the bandwagon vs the Eagles in the 1992 playoffs - I literally thought we could compete for a Super Bowl. I was the guy on the ESPN boards who said we could win it all in 2002 after we had signed Westbrook, Hardy, and Glover. People would point to us being 5-11 and I'd reply "So were the Patriots the year before last." I was insufferable.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Whatever year I started CFR is the year my homer side finally caved. I don't remember exactly what year that was.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
2012 was the year my homer was broke.

Every year prior to that - and I attribute this to being spoiled by jumping on the bandwagon vs the Eagles in the 1992 playoffs - I literally thought we could compete for a Super Bowl. I was the guy on the ESPN boards who said we could win it all in 2002 after we had signed Westbrook, Hardy, and Glover. People would point to us being 5-11 and I'd reply "So were the Patriots the year before last." I was insufferable.
I was a homer too.

I remember thinking in 99, with no Michael Irvin or Deion Sanders and a barely functional Aikman that we could make a run in the playoffs.

2005 was the year that started my pessimism, but 2011 was the season that broke me. Cowboys football hasn't been the same since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom