2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deuce

@AdamSchefter: Bengals re-signed OT Andre Smith to a three-year, $18 million deal that includes $8 million this year.

There you go, Winston/Clabo. The bar has been set, now get it done.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I don't think we have enough players on our boards.

We only rank like half the players in the draft, the rest are off our boards for some reason or another. And then we inevitably get to the bottom quicker. So of course it's always "He was our best remaining player! He was in the 20's in our ranks!"

Well no shit. Of 90+ players that get selected, you only rank like 40 of them.

So as names you like get selected, fringe players that should have much more space between the current pick and where they should go, all of a sudden jump to the top of your board, cause it's missing players it should have on it.

I am convinced we don't even have a guy like Khaseem Greene or Larry Warford on our board. God knows why.

So we can say "Wilcox was the BPA" and act like we are true to that, when the fact is the only reason he's close to the BPA is because we've misevaluated half the players in the draft and completely taken them out of consideration.
How can Frederick, an unathletic, slow mauler be on our board, but Warford isn't?

Carp

DCC 4Life
We're taking a RB come hell or high water in the 4th. You might as well get used to it. We've not only latched onto positions that we need to fill, it's actually specific part time roles that we are drafting to fill now.
We go D is my guess. No RB in the 4th.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
Kiffin didnt even show up to the war room until the second day, our third pick. That says a lot about how this organization is run IMO

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Damn...Williams ran a 4.46 at 6'2.

Nice pairing with Dez. I like the draft pick.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Wilcox isn't a reach. CBS had him as a 3rd rounder and Kiper and Mayock both praise the pick.

He wasnt my first choice, but his pick isn't getting panned like Frederick.
Guy plays with a nasty streak, and definitely has a nose for the ball.

Playing at such a shit school though is gonna cast doubt on what he can do at the next level.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know shit about Wilcox outside of Youtube. Big hitter and seemed to have a knack for returns.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Kiffin didnt even show up to the war room until the second day, our third pick. That says a lot about how this organization is run IMO
I have no problem with that...they know who he likes already, his presence is not needed.

D

Deuce

How do you completely change defensive schemes and take one developmental player for the new coach to work with?

Carp

DCC 4Life
One thing that Williams did, particularly with Griffin, was get open when plays broke down...kind of how Robinson did with Romo year before last.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Can anyone decipher what the fuck Jerry is talking about here?

"Some of the things that we tried to do with Martellus but we just couldn’t get it done, we couldn’t get it working," Jones siad. "We had packages we worked on for weeks out here just to get packages in, and he didn’t show. That sounds negative toward him, but he didn’t show. Having said that, we welcome the opportunity to add a tight end, a New England-type emphasis player, and can this quarterback have both of him? He sure can."
I don't get this. It's beyond the usual Jerry gibberish. Is he a "New England-type emphasis player" because we're gonna try to copy their 2 TE set (for the third time)? Is he comparing him to Aaron Hernandez because they're both messicans? What in God's name is he talking about?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Can anyone decipher what the fuck Jerry is talking about here?

I don't get this. It's beyond the usual Jerry gibberish. Is he a "New England-type emphasis player" because we're gonna try to copy their 2 TE set (for the third time)? Is he comparing him to Aaron Hernandez because they're both messicans? What in God's name is he talking about?
No doubt in my mind that they are trying to copy New England.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
If I were doing the drafting I'd have taken

1. Bjoern Werner
2. Larry Warford
3. Khaseem Greene

No starting safety, but I go with the guys I have confidence in.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
No...TV is just so far behind the actual picks.
Yes. TV is about 5 minutes behind the actual picks. ESPN and NFL network were told not to tweet the picks this year but other reporters arent under that restriction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom