2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
Fasano could play and it didn't really matter. Bennett could play, a little anyway, and it didn't matter for him either. Despite Jerry's bullshit pledge from the flunky coaching staff Escobar will be chronically underused and that's unacceptable for a second round pick.

If Escobar is getting balls thrown his way that means Dez, Austin, Harris, Witten, and the new WR aren't and that makes for a weaker offense. New England runs the two TE stuff because they have shitty wide receivers. If it was a revolutionary idea the other smart teams in the league would be copying them. They aren't. At least not in the extensive manner our window licking GM thinks we need to.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
OL/Defensive front 7 -- Frederick
Skill/edge players -- Escobar, Williams, Wilcox.

Still don't know how to build from the inside out.

Correct.

Especially when you consider the insides are where we are lacking the most right now.

Genghis Khan

And they keep winning.

I wonder how that is so?

I know it makes for good fun to look at the Patriots' recent draft history.

But when you have a real organization, with vision, you can absorb risk.

Back in Johnson's era, we blew a shit ton of picks.

That's exactly right, and it's why smart teams collect draft picks.

D

Deuce

Fasano could play and it didn't really matter. Bennett could play, a little anyway, and it didn't matter for him either. Despite Jerry's bullshit pledge from the flunky coaching staff Escobar will be chronically underused and that's unacceptable for a second round pick.

If Escobar is getting balls thrown his way that means Dez, Austin, Harris, Witten, and the new WR aren't and that makes for a weaker offense. New England runs the two TE stuff because they have shitty wide receivers. If it was a revolutionary idea the other smart teams in the league would be copying them. They aren't. At least not in the extensive manner our window licking GM thinks we need to.
That's retarded. NO MORE WEAPONS CAUSE HARRIS WON'T GET MORE BALLS!!

The more weapons on the field will just mean the defense has to spread themselves out leaving guys like Dez one on one. Less catches but better overall production.

D

Deuce

Correct.

Especially when you consider the insides are where we are lacking the most right now.
Funny thing is they just played radio excerpts from Eagles fans complaining that 8 of their last however many 1st round picks are OL or DL. :lol

time for a new direction ​one guy said.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
That's retarded. NO MORE WEAPONS CAUSE HARRIS WON'T GET MORE BALLS!!

The more weapons on the field will just mean the defense has to spread themselves out leaving guys like Dez one on one. Less catches but better overall production.
Yeah, because teams will be shitting themselves trying to cover our new TE that runs a 4.8. We've heard that BS argument about forcing teams to account for more threats before. It's never happened and it won't now. But even if that was the case you could do the exact same thing with a player we already have in Hanna.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know about that. He didn't act strangely when we drafted McGee, and he didn't act strangely when we sign Orton (a former starter still in his prime).
That is because McGee couldn't play. Orton is not a threat either. Draft a highly decorated QB who has good intangibles, I bet he acts strange and presses. He's never had legitimate competition since he began starting.

Genghis Khan

I don't think we have enough players on our boards.

We only rank like half the players in the draft, the rest are off our boards for some reason or another. And then we inevitably get to the bottom quicker. So of course it's always "He was our best remaining player! He was in the 20's in our ranks!"

Well no shit. Of 90+ players that get selected, you only rank like 40 of them.

So as names you like get selected, fringe players that should have much more space between the current pick and where they should go, all of a sudden jump to the top of your board, cause it's missing players it should have on it.

I am convinced we don't even have a guy like Khaseem Greene or Larry Warford on our board. God knows why.

So we can say "Wilcox was the BPA" and act like we are true to that, when the fact is the only reason he's close to the BPA is because we've misevaluated half the players in the draft and completely taken them out of consideration.

Yep.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I can't wait for the training camp reports of these guys looking great, then you realize they are just going up against our crappy defense
Well these guys we took on offense are all pretty good players, they'll contribute. I myself just didn't see a need for a TE that high. OL and DL would've made me happier. Williams fills a need in my mind though.

D

Deuce

Yeah, because teams will be shitting themselves trying to cover our new TE that runs a 4.8. We've heard that BS argument about forcing teams to account for more threats before. It's never happened and it won't now. But even if that was the case you could do the exact same thing with a player we already have in Hanna.
It never happened because we never allowed it. How many designed plays did you ever see to Bennett? If you believe Jones, there were a ton and Bennett was just too retarded to make it work. Maybe, maybe not. But I think his recent comments are also saying to Garrett to adjust his play calling to use all his weapons.

Genghis Khan

Funny thing is they just played radio excerpts from Eagles fans complaining that 8 of their last however many 1st round picks are OL or DL. :lol

time for a new direction ​one guy said.

One thing you can say about Andy Reid is he seriously valued the trenches.

And funny, Reid tended to be pretty successful. Hmm.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
That is because McGee couldn't play. Orton is not a threat either. Draft a highly decorated QB who has good intangibles, I bet he acts strange and presses. He's never had legitimate competition since he began starting.
If Romo has never felt threatened, he never will now with the contract he just signed. It doesn't matter who they draft at QB.

Genghis Khan

I don't think Barkley is legitimate competition either though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Mayock says watching Escobar catching balls is like ballet.

Sold.

Stop the hate.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Romo shouldn't be threatened by some 4th round overhyped schlub like Barkley or Nassib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom