NBA Chatter Thread

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Mock Offseason: Bulls trade Deng for #3 overall and Okafor.

Select:

#3 - Victor Oladipo
#20 - Gorgui Dieng
#49 - Jeff Withey

omg

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
In theory that looks good, however you still have not addressed outside shooting...which they really need.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No, I like Oladipo...McLemore sucks balls.

I just think at 20 you could go with Bullock, Snell, or Hardaway.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like McLemore quite alot, he doesn't have the motor or defensive ability of Oladipo but he's extremely explosive and has a pure shot from NBA range, I also think he finishes better in traffic than Oladipo.

D

Deuce

McLemore doesn't suck balls. If he has serious issues like some are saying after these workouts, fine. But on the court he's damn good.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I didn't see it, particularly in the tournament. I'll pass and take a guy in Oladipo who I know will give high effort all the time.

D

Deuce

I have no idea how Lionel Hollins can have the success he did in Memphis and not be a lock for one of these jobs. He'd be my #1 choice if I'm Ainge.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hollins seems like an old school guy that is not the type of coach teams are looking for these days.

D

Deuce

Hollins seems like an old school guy that is not the type of coach teams are looking for these days.
That's fine cause that's what I think the Celtics will need. Doc was the right man at the time because he could bring the vets together for the ultimate goal. But now we'll be building around young egos like Rondo and Fab Melo. They might need someone to kick their ass every once in a while.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The day of the asskicker coach is gone in the NBA. You have a few left, but with the way players run the league now it is pretty much player's coaches only.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The day of the asskicker coach is gone in the NBA. You have a few left, but with the way players run the league now it is pretty much player's coaches only.
This is true. A perfect example of this happened a couple of years ago when the Jazz essentially chose Deron Williams over Jerry Sloan.

I think the only way you can be an asskicker these days is if you have the rings to back it up.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I didn't see it, particularly in the tournament. I'll pass and take a guy in Oladipo who I know will give high effort all the time.
That's the same thing I said.

Fish up the guy's highlight videos.

It's mostly a bunch of break away "cherry picking" dunks and alley oops.

I didn't see anything that screamed Top 3 NBA draft pick.

That said, I do have to factor in that most of the top draft picks in this one and done era aren't that impressive. So I guess he's on par with the rest of the overrated scrubs who aren't ready for the NBA.

Back in the 80s and 90s the draft meant something. You knew the players. They were developed in college and you could count on them to contribute and improve your team right away. Now the #1 overall picks are pretty much 3 year projects.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Seems like the Bobcats are now seriously considering Zeller at 4...I hope that is true, push down someone to the Sixers at 11. Although at this point, I am secretly rooting for that pick to turn into 17 and 18 from Atlanta. Then we could take Noguiera and Hardaway.

D

Deuce

[HR][/HR] Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Orlando has been doing a great deal of work on players in late lottery-mid 1st round range, weighing possible deals out of No. 2 spot.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
I don't know. I'd take Zeller at 11. Carp what is your wishlist there?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
[HR][/HR] Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 2m

Orlando has been doing a great deal of work on players in late lottery-mid 1st round range, weighing possible deals out of No. 2 spot.
If I were them I'd take Oladipo and do a happy dance. Any time you trade down in the NBA draft the talent diminishes very quickly. I know this is perceived as a draft lacking a star which is why they probably are wanting to trade down. My guess is they really want to trade down and take a PG. They will probably end up drafting someone like Michael Carter-Williams and get a huge bust.

D

Deuce

If I were them I'd take Oladipo and do a happy dance. Any time you trade down in the NBA draft the talent diminishes very quickly. I know this is perceived as a draft lacking a star which is why they probably are wanting to trade down. My guess is they really want to trade down and take a PG. They will probably end up drafting someone like Michael Carter-Williams and get a huge bust.
From what I'm seeing, the most likely scenario for them is to trade the #2 to the LAC for Bledsoe and their 1st round pick. That would be a solid haul in a draft with no clear cut superstar to choose. Plus Hennigan has a good track record of grabbing talent from outside the lottery.

Top Bottom