Must See Movies

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Damn...read more about IM3...if the spoiler I read is true then they really stole from Batman Begins and TDKR.
Don't worry. Robert Downey, Jr. will say something glib about it in an interview and everyone will nod dumbly and agree it was the best story ever.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
So they are going to remake Weird Science.

Not really sure how I feel about that right now. I think 80's classics are just that - classics.

They shouldn't be touched, IMO, but let's see who they cast for this.
That is an all-timer for me, but for some reason I'm okay with a remake.

Now Karate Kid? That shat pissed me off, even though the new one turned out to be half way decent.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Don't worry. Robert Downey, Jr. will say something glib about it in an interview and everyone will nod dumbly and agree it was the best story ever.
He'll have his thumbs up as he does it as well.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger

Not really sure how I feel about that right now. I think 80's classics are just that - classics.

Oh man, I sure hope they get that scary talent Megan Fox for the Kelly LeBrock role.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That is an all-timer for me, but for some reason I'm okay with a remake.

Now Karate Kid? That shat pissed me off, even though the new one turned out to be half way decent.
If someone could pull off one of these young roles, the types that all of those same actors (Anthony Michael Hall, Molly Ringwald, etc) would play in all of those 80's teens/high school movies, I think it's that kid from Scott Pilgrim. He's pretty goofy and he's funny.

I call him a kid but I think he's like 25, but he looks young and he's really goofy which is exactly what you need to play the role of one of the Weird Science guys, or Hall's character in The Breakfast Club.

I just hope they don't screw it up.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
While on the topic of 80's teen flicks, my favorites were:

Weird Science
Breakfast Club
Just one of the Guys
Karate Kid
Better Off Dead
License to Drive
Bill and Ted
Ferris Bueller

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Since I had a free afternoon with nothing to do, I decided to check out the new G.I. Joe movie. I thought it was alright. Much better than the first, IMO.

And the chick that plays Lady Jaye, Adrianne Palicki ( Wikipedia'd her), is very hot.

My favorite scene was the one when she wore the blue two-piece workout outfit.

1bigfan13

Staff member
While on the topic of 80's teen flicks, my favorites were:

Weird Science
Breakfast Club
Just one of the Guys
Karate Kid
Better Off Dead
License to Drive
Bill and Ted
Ferris Bueller
On the topic of 80s flicks, I have a friend who's really into The Last American Virgin.

I ended up watching it via Netflix a couple of years ago and thought it was okay but it didn't match up to the ones that you mentioned. I guess what made The Last American Virgin different from most of the other 80s teen flick is that it doesn't have the cliched happy ending. The guy doesn't get the girl. If I spoiled it for you guys, tough shat. You had 30 years to watch it.

As an aside, another 80s teen flick that doesn't get a lot of love but I think was pretty good, is Private Resort. It starred Johnny Depp and Rob Morrow.

D

Deuce

The TV show they had on USA about 15 years ago was solid, IMO.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The 55 second mark forward of this clip is just 80's greatness. :towel

They don't make'em like they used to.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more disaster/apocalyptic films being released this year than in previous years?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I watched The Frankenstein Theory on Netflix instant and it is worth a watch. It is a found footage type movie...it is footage of a group that goes on an expedition to find the Frankenstein monster. The guy in charge interprets Mary Shelley's novel as truth and they seek out the monster in Canada. It is pretty smart for the type of movie it is...worth a watch.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
End of Watch was a very good, very intense action movie.

It does lionize police and their work, though, so it may leave you unprepared for teh coming police state.

Carl

RIP Brother
End of Watch was a very good, very intense action movie.

It does lionize police and their work, though, so it may leave you unprepared for teh coming police state.
Why do you lionize, if you do. If not, I couldn't find a delete button for my post, so never mind.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I'm hearing good things about Oblivion, but I just can't see myself going to the theater to see it...even though it looks like the visuals would be excellent on the big screen and I am a Cruise whore.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Why do you lionize, if you do. If not, I couldn't find a delete button for my post, so never mind.
Officers do a dangerous job, and it seems like only the tiny minority of dishonest ones make the news (until there's something like the bombing or 9/11, during which they are recognized for running toward the danger). They sit in cars that might as well be marked "enemy" in neighborhoods most of us would be afraid to walk in. I just have a healthy respect for the job they do.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Was that Dottie from Pee Wee's Big Adventure?
I never looked for her name in the credits, but I always assumed it was her.

Same face, same voice.....if that isn't her, then that's quite the similarity.

Top Bottom