X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ Thread

I can't believe this thread hasn't been started alreay with as many grillmasters (me and EZ) we have on this board.

Going with an old stand by today in the form of butterfly pork chops, corn on the cob, and mixing up a little with red potatoes cubed and cooked in the oven with butter and all seasoning. It is going to be pretty epic.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

We started beer and gun threads before we started a BBQ thread.

Buncha damn rednecks.

Comment

Beer, guns & BBQ!

Comment

Anyone had luck cleaning rust off of cast iron grates?

Comment

Originally posted by boozeman View Post
          Wire brush and elbow grease.
          Since Day One

Comment

How bad is the rust? Are we talking a light rust or years of rust?

Comment

Originally posted by EZ22 View Post
              How bad is the rust? Are we talking a light rust or years of rust?
              The two side grates are pretty bad. I can brush off a couple of them.

Comment

The two side grates are pretty bad. I can brush off a couple of them.
                If they are real fucked up, you're better off just buying new ones. If you can use a wire brush to get a lot of it off, then you can oil them up real good with vegetable oil, throw them in the oven at like 300 for an hour or so, and they should be fine.

Comment

BBQ Thread

So I was about to head out to buy a Big Green Egg and decieded to take a look Craigslist before I left. Found an XL for $475 that was used a few times. Unbelievable price for this thing. I went to pick it o and frakin threw my back out loading it up. I've been to the doc and am getting treatment for that. Sheesh talk about pain.

Anyhoo, I am totally geeked about this thing. I cannot wait to get rolling. EZ will say that I am cheating with this thing. From what I understand you cannot be the performance of this thing.

Comment

This thing.

Comment

Very funny Khalid.

Comment

CHEATER

it's like using a Mr. Beer kit and claiming to have made beer.

Comment

Originally posted by skidadl View Post
                          So I was about to head out to buy a Big Green Egg and decieded to take a look Craigslist before I left. Found an XL for $475 that was used a few times. Unbelievable price for this thing. I went to pick it o and frakin threw my back out loading it up. I've been to the doc and am getting treatment for that. Sheesh talk about pain.

Anyhoo, I am totally geeked about this thing. I cannot wait to get rolling. EZ will say that I am cheating with this thing. From what I understand you cannot be the performance of this thing.
                          That's great news. Now you can be the Cowboys backup QB.
                          Since Day One

Comment

We hadn't started a BBQ thread on this version yet? That's very disappointing.

I'm smoking 6 hams this weekend. So, pretty much just another hohum weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
                              We hadn't started a BBQ thread on this version yet? That's very disappointing.
                              http://dccforums.com/showthread.php?245-BBQ-Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X