BBQ Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I can't believe this thread hasn't been started alreay with as many grillmasters (me and EZ) we have on this board.

Going with an old stand by today in the form of butterfly pork chops, corn on the cob, and mixing up a little with red potatoes cubed and cooked in the oven with butter and all seasoning. It is going to be pretty epic.

Cotton

Staff member
We started beer and gun threads before we started a BBQ thread.

Buncha damn rednecks.

:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone had luck cleaning rust off of cast iron grates?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
The two side grates are pretty bad. I can brush off a couple of them.
If they are real fucked up, you're better off just buying new ones. If you can use a wire brush to get a lot of it off, then you can oil them up real good with vegetable oil, throw them in the oven at like 300 for an hour or so, and they should be fine.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
BBQ Thread

So I was about to head out to buy a Big Green Egg and decieded to take a look Craigslist before I left. Found an XL for $475 that was used a few times. Unbelievable price for this thing. I went to pick it o and frakin threw my back out loading it up. I've been to the doc and am getting treatment for that. Sheesh talk about pain.

Anyhoo, I am totally geeked about this thing. I cannot wait to get rolling. EZ will say that I am cheating with this thing. From what I understand you cannot be the performance of this thing.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
CHEATER

it's like using a Mr. Beer kit and claiming to have made beer.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So I was about to head out to buy a Big Green Egg and decieded to take a look Craigslist before I left. Found an XL for $475 that was used a few times. Unbelievable price for this thing. I went to pick it o and frakin threw my back out loading it up. I've been to the doc and am getting treatment for that. Sheesh talk about pain.

Anyhoo, I am totally geeked about this thing. I cannot wait to get rolling. EZ will say that I am cheating with this thing. From what I understand you cannot be the performance of this thing.
That's great news. Now you can be the Cowboys backup QB.

Cotton

Staff member
We hadn't started a BBQ thread on this version yet? That's very disappointing.

I'm smoking 6 hams this weekend. So, pretty much just another hohum weekend.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
So take care of it, Mr. Nameinredshitdon'tstinkjrmod.

Cotton

Staff member
So take care of it, Mr. Nameinredshitdon'tstinkjrmod.
I will have you know, peckerface, my shit does stink. So HAH!

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
What kind of smoker you using? I know you went to electric, and I just got a Bradley 6 rack digital smoker for Christmas. So far I've smoked a couple racks of short ribs, and some deer sausage. Also made about 5 lbs of jerky.

I don't give a shit what people say about electric smokers. This thing is awesome.

Cotton

Staff member
What kind of smoker you using? I know you went to electric, and I just got a Bradley 6 rack digital smoker for Christmas. So far I've smoked a couple racks of short ribs, and some deer sausage. Also made about 5 lbs of jerky.

I don't give a shit what people say about electric smokers. This thing is awesome.
I have a Master Forge. I love it. The only thing I wish I could change is I wish I had bought one with the see-thru door. Other than that, it is awesome. I can smoke 2 large hams at a time on it or 3 chickens.

Top Bottom