• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't beat an ice cold SN Pale Ale.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnuttz View Post
      You can't beat an ice cold SN Pale Ale.
      Nope, I keep a steady supply of that.

My fave all time has to be Indian Brown Ale by Dogfish.

Comment

Just picked up 2 sixers of SN Porter.

Waiting for them to get cold.

Review shortly thereafter.

Comment

Looking into trying some micro-brewing, any tips EZ or anyone else can pass along would be appreciated.
          #firegarrett

Comment

I'd still like to see a final cost analysis on the fridge-->kegerator conversion.

Comment

SN Porter is good, but it lacks the sweetness of the Maple Pecan Porter.

I'd stick with the Sam Adams Porter if I could find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay_Allison View Post
                Looking into trying some micro-brewing, any tips EZ or anyone else can pass along would be appreciated.
                I will gladly answer this when I'm not on my phone.

Any questions in particular?

Comment

Originally posted by BipolarFan View Post
                  SN Porter is good, but it lacks the sweetness of the Maple Pecan Porter.

I'd stick with the Sam Adams Porter if I could find it.
                  Porters and stouts (there really isn't a distinguishable difference) should have a coffee/slight chocolate flavor but not necessarily sweet. The pecan porter you are talking about is exceptionally sweet, but it's just that... Exception... Not the rule.

It is a great beer though.

Comment

Can't go wrong with some Fat Tire.

17 bucks for a 12 pack is steep, but it's good beer and I'm working on a few right now.

Comment

Originally posted by EZ22 View Post
                      I will gladly answer this when I'm not on my phone.

Any questions in particular?
                      I have a beer kit that someone gave me, is it worth upgrading to higher quality equipment before I get started?
                      #firegarrett

Comment

Originally posted by Clay_Allison View Post
                        I have a beer kit that someone gave me, is it worth upgrading to higher quality equipment before I get started?
                        I don't know, I never made a beer out of a kit. I started out with all grain from the very beginning because I wanted to learn how to do it old school.

Kits are how almost everyone gets started though. With a kit everything is done for you basically, you just put it all together, boil it, hop it, and ferment it.

All grain brewing is pretty much totally a different process and gives you a lot more freedom to be creative, but a lot more expensive to get started.

You can make quality beers with kits though. I would say try it and if you like the process, eventually work up to all grain.

Comment

Also, a lot of people brew with extracts... Which are basically the all-grain process done for you and put in a bag. A lot like a kit I guess. I don't know, I've never used kits or extracts really.

Comment

My wife went to the store tonight and I asked her to pick me up a 12 pack of Fat Tire.... But because their packaging all looks the same she accidently picked up a 12 pack of their seasonal brew called "Dig."

It's a pale ale.

After I was done beating her for getting me the wrong beer, I tried it and it's not half bad.

Comment

Dig is an excellent beer. I like it better than Fat Tire.
                              #firegarrett

Comment

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy is pretty refreshing.

Comment

Working...
                                X