Soccer Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Australia have had chances to tie this one but can't put find the back of the net.

Carl

RIP Brother
Cahill has been immense. Chile are going to win, but they haven't impressed. I'd expect Spain to beat both and advance.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cahill has been immense. Chile are going to win, but they haven't impressed. I'd expect Spain to beat both and advance.
As long as Del Bosque isn't stubborn and doesn't insist on playing the exact same way with the possesion based shape, then he'll play with more width and cross balls into Costa all day against this Chilean squad.

Carl

RIP Brother
As long as Del Bosque isn't stubborn and doesn't insist on playing the exact same way with the possesion based shape, then he'll play with more width and cross balls into Costa all day against this Chilean squad.
Do you think Costa might be suspended for that "head butt"?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Do you think Costa might be suspended for that "head butt"?
No, I don't think so.

You don't see a lot of retroactive punishments being enforced by FIFA, unless it's something really really bad.

While it certainly was a dirty play, I don't think it was one that warrants being suspended over.

Carl

RIP Brother
This is already shaping up as a good WC. Enough teams ready to play expansive football; and not sit back and wait. Having said that Italy play tomorrow.

D

Deuce

I couldn't give a shit about these 3 teams, but Colombian women >>>>> Greek women so that's how I'll root.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I couldn't give a shit about these 3 teams, but Colombian women >>>>> Greek women so that's how I'll root.
The eye candy in the stadium right now must be great.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
My guess is Kone is Simp's doppleganger.
Speaking of which, where is [MENTION=70]Simpleton[/MENTION]?

It's the WC.....And Greece is in it!

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That's because Latinos will be about 33% of the US pop. by then...
Not only that, but the sport has grown immensely with the (for lack of a better term), native gringos.

I read in ESPN the mag that soccer is now the popular sport for youths in this country over the two sports I mentioned in my previous thread.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea, bunch of fucks. They can still go through but that 3rd goal could end up being the reason they don't on goal differential.

And I'm probably more of a Torosidis or Sokratis.

D

Deuce

Sucks that Buffon isn't playing today. I was hoping to drop this later.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh man, if Costa Rica win this game, I'm never going to hear the end of it.

Carl

RIP Brother
Costa Rica...who knew.

Campbell looks like a player. I did not know he was with Arsenal.

Speaking of Arsenal, this Gedion Zelalem could be the next big thing.

Carl

RIP Brother
Spent many a happy day chasing women all over Colombia. I got close to marrying one from Armenia; what a mistake that would have been. Don't think she liked me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Costa Rica came to play.

This World Cup is already better than 2010.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Costa Rica...who knew.

Campbell looks like a player. I did not know he was with Arsenal.

Speaking of Arsenal, this Gedion Zelalem could be the next big thing.
Yup, and he's on loan Olympiacos, but with as good as he's played with them coupled with his performance today, I'm guessing Wenger is going to call him back now.

Top Bottom