MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
We just scored but it was costly. Beltre with his yearly hamstring pull. Looks like they are pulling him for the game.

Rev

Staff member
Hold your horses, Duece. Beltre stayed in the game.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
So Rays-Rangers in a one game playoff and then the winner plays Cleveland in a one game series. If one of you win both that's impressive.

Rev

Staff member
Either way it F's our rotations for the Boston series.
Not for the Rangers. Yu can still start it on Friday. Probably have Yu, Holland, Perez, Garza if it goes that far.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I checked earlier and noticed they pulled the starter early and the score was only 1-1. Thought that was a little weird.
Maddon seems to coach a little weirdly but the results always seem to be there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I have to say I'm happy to see a playoff tonight. I have to think that TB has the advantage with Price tonight.

Overall I'd love to see Oakland in the World Series. It will probably be Boston or Detroit though.

In the NL I don't see anyone but LA or St Louis going.

D

Deuce

I honestly think anyone in the AL other than Cleveland has a shot. Their schedule down the stretch was a joke and they were positioned perfectly to strike with it. I do think Boston is going to have trouble with whomever they face, though. They have played a meaningful game in a month and that can sometimes get to a team.

Rev

Staff member
I have to say I'm happy to see a playoff tonight. I have to think that TB has the advantage with Price tonight.

Overall I'd love to see Oakland in the World Series. It will probably be Boston or Detroit though.

In the NL I don't see anyone but LA or St Louis going.

Im not going to come out and say it but look at Prices record against Texas and its even worse in Arlington. Cruz is back and feasts on David Price. I just wished we had old Suck Ass going tonight. Then it would be a guaranteed Ranger win.

D

Deuce

So the question will be which is more important? Price's career stats in Arlington or his stats since coming off injury?

As I said before, I prefer Cobb in this game but you can't not feel comfortable with a Cy Young winner going either. And since it's two 1 and done games, both would have to go anyhow so it doesn't matter which goes which.

D

Deuce

Cubs fire Sveum. I can see Maddox being considered there.

Also, the Twins re-up Gardenhire for 2 more years. I wonder if they'll be able to get him that 1000th win in that time span.

Rev

Staff member
So the question will be which is more important? Price's career stats in Arlington or his stats since coming off injury?

As I said before, I prefer Cobb in this game but you can't not feel comfortable with a Cy Young winner going either. And since it's two 1 and done games, both would have to go anyhow so it doesn't matter which goes which.

Until he shows a trend going the other way you have to go with what he has done. Not saying that he couldnt go out and dominate but he hasnt shown that he can in that situation. So, yes, I feel comfortable with Price going. I worry more with Perez. This is a very big stage for him and eager to see how he handles it.

Rev

Staff member
Good news. Ol Suck Ass is throwing out the ceremonial first pitch. Work your magic Colby.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Cubs fire Sveum. I can see Maddox being considered there.

Also, the Twins re-up Gardenhire for 2 more years. I wonder if they'll be able to get him that 1000th win in that time span.
Girardi is the big hope but it's probably a pipe dream. Mike Maddux would be intriguing. There was definitely some interest there a couple years ago during the hiring process that ultimately resulted in Sveum getting the job. They interviewed Maddux at that time. We'll see.

D

Deuce

It honestly has nothing to do with the fact that they play the Rays tonight, but I think it's horribly embarrassing for the MLB that Cruz's first games back from PED suspension is the playoffs.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It honestly has nothing to do with the fact that they play the Rays tonight, but I think it's horribly embarrassing for the MLB that Cruz's first games back from PED suspension is the playoffs.
:towel

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Congratulations on harboring cheaters, I guess.
It's not in the Rangers control as to when his suspension is lifted.

Top Bottom