MLB Chatter Thread

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
At the trade deadline the rangers tried one more time for Justin Upton offering the Braves Garza, Nathan, and Murphy. At least they tried I guess.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
At the trade deadline the rangers tried one more time for Justin Upton offering the Braves Garza, Nathan, and Murphy. At least they tried I guess.
Fail. Again I say, Daniels know going in what the weakness of this team was and did little that fixed it. He'd better get the Cuban or Stanton this off season or someone that can frickin hit consistently.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
No idea why they didn't make Soriano part of that Garza deal. He's under contract next year too and the Cubs are picking up like 2/3rds of the money. He has 17 HR and 50 RBI since being traded to the Yankees and they're getting him very cheap for that kind of production. Maybe Sori wouldn't approve of a trade to the Rangers? He played there before and it's a hitter's park so I don't know why he wouldn't have. Doesn't matter now. They didn't do it. Certainly could have used that pop in their lineup though.

Rev

Staff member
No idea why they didn't make Soriano part of that Garza deal. He's under contract next year too and the Cubs are picking up like 2/3rds of the money. He has 17 HR and 50 RBI since being traded to the Yankees and they're getting him very cheap for that kind of production. Maybe Sori wouldn't approve of a trade to the Rangers? He played there before and it's a hitter's park so I don't know why he wouldn't have. Doesn't matter now. They didn't do it. Certainly could have used that pop in their lineup though.
I agree. I fully expected Sori to come over with Garza. Just a season of missed opportunities for the Rangers. The one that kills me is the refusal to trade Olt for Upton and then go ahead and trade him for Garza. They have a lot of work to do this offseason and it should be fun to see what they do. I dont think they will sit back like they have the last two years.

D

Deuce

I'm pretty sure the Rays ended the O's and Yank's seasons in consecutive nights.

Feels good.

D

Deuce

Cano's agent has reportedly told the Yankees he wants 10 yr and $305M to stay.

lawl

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

lawl
:picard

That's insanity for any player, but a middle infielder that will turn 31 next month? :lol

Teams have to learn eventually. How many more absolutely disastrous big dollar/long-term contracts to players > 30 is it going to take before they figure out that it's a bad idea? At best he has another 4-5 years of playing a passable 2B. Then what? 5 years of a $30M/year DH in his mid/late 30s? Ridiculous. I think Jay Z is giving this guy unrealistic expectations.

D

Deuce

And that's if ​he's really 31. I don't trust the ages of any of these players born in Hispanic countries.

Rev

Staff member

lawl
He came to the Yankees a few years too late. They seem to be getting smarter now.

Rev

Staff member
AL wildcard race is coming down to the wire. 2 games left and one game seperates 3 teams for 2 spots.

Rev

Staff member
In case its a 3 way tie Texas plays a game in Tampa and the winner then plays Cleveland. At least that's what I read.

D

Deuce

In case its a 3 way tie Texas plays a game in Tampa and the winner then plays Cleveland. At least that's what I read.
I don't know how they come up with the formula, but we have the tiebreaker over Cleveland so why should they get the extra bye?

Rev

Staff member
I don't know how they come up with the formula, but we have the tiebreaker over Cleveland so why should they get the extra bye?
When I get home I will copy and paste what I found. They had Cleveland with the tiebreaker over the rays 7-5.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Props to Rays for how they handled Mo's last game at Yankee Stadium. Handled with class and its starts at top with Maddon.

D

Deuce

Props to Rays for how they handled Mo's last game at Yankee Stadium. Handled with class and its starts at top with Maddon.
Ya and I honestly think every team went out of their way to do right by a GOAT at his position.

Rev

Staff member
Here is what I read:

I looked up the rules on the three way tie.

General rule is if one team has a winning record against BOTH teams involved in the three way tie, they get a bye. This is not the case here, however.

Based on head to head records, CLE > TB > TEX > CLE...

Next tiebreaker then becomes which team has the best winning percentage against the other two teams in the three-way tie:

CLE is 7-5 vs TEX and TB
TB is 7-6 vs CLE and TEX
TEX is 5-8 vs CLE and TB

TEX would play a tiebreaker game at TB. winner of that game gets into the wild-card game at CLE.

Three way tie would be a hard road for the Rangers (need to win two sudden death away games). It could easily happen though if the Rangers sweep the Angels and TB/CLE each lose one game.

The link he provided:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_tie-breaking_procedures

Top Bottom