Jerry Jones has scathing comment about Cowboys offense, Linehan

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I wonder if we could pry Sean Payton from New Orleans.
Going to cost picks and not sure whether he wants to come to Dallas. Will be a rebuild at both places, though.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
My guess is the stadium will be filled with 80,000 enabling fans happily waving their blue and silver pom-poms cheering as if this offense is setting the league on fire.
Probably, but Sunday might be interesting. The Lions are a very non-marquee opponent, and noon kicks always seem to have sleepy crowds. Combine that with as much disgust as I can remember in a long time, and I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Not that Jerry cares that much about the actual crowd. I think he just cares about Q ratings and the income statement.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Going to cost picks and not sure whether he wants to come to Dallas. Will be a rebuild at both places, though.
Probably less of a rebuild in Dallas. That Saints defense is awful.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Rebuild here includes:

1) Finding a quality QB

2) Finding a quality TE

3) Finding quality WRs

4) Finding a quality C.

The rebuild is real.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rebuild here includes:

1) Finding a quality QB

2) Finding a quality TE

3) Finding a quality WR and

4) Finding a quality C.

The rebuild is real.
It always seems worse than it is when its bad and better than it is when its good.

Find a QB and hire an offensive staff with an imaginative offense and a lot of what we're seeing now can be worked around.

Look at the Rams OL for God's sake, they're starting Andrew Whitworth-Rodger Saffold-John Sullivan-Austin Blythe-Rob Havenstein. Aside from Whitworth that's a group of journeymen and JAG's, and Whitworth is like 35 now, yet they look like the most dominant OL in the league.

That's coaching/scheme.

Rev

Staff member
Rebuild here includes:

1) Finding a quality QB

2) Finding a quality TE

3) Finding quality WRs

4) Finding a quality C.

The rebuild is real.
Its really just the QB in order to win.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Hell, Seattle’s line looked great yesterday.

midswat

... soon
This thread just confirms that none of you sees what’s being built here.

Garrett will win Super Bowls. Yes. Plural.

Right after I finish my book...

Back to the shadows I go.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
I want Garrett gone as much as anybody, not sure why you think I want to keep him around.
I didn't mean to imply that you wanted to keep him around. I meant that as long as Garrett is HC any discussion of QB draft prospects is almost irrelevant. Drafting a hot-shot QB would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I didn't mean to imply that you wanted to keep him around. I meant that as long as Garrett is HC any discussion of QB draft prospects is almost irrelevant. Drafting a hot-shot QB would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
Garrett does not deserve another shot, if (when?) the Prescott era fails, he goes.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This. Failure with Dak seals Garrett's fate, there's no escaping this shitshow. None.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I totally whiffed on my assessment of the Saints defense. They were really good last year so I thought they'd take another step forward since a number of their playmakers on defense were younger guys. Obviously that hasn't been the case.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
Tavon Austin needs more snaps. We spent all summer hearing about how excited the coaches were to use him, and now they use him as some 10-play a game gadget player.

Every time he touches the ball he makes the rest of our WR's look like they run in quick sand. At this point, I don't see why he's not one of our starting wideouts. He should be getting 10 targets a game.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Tavon Austin needs more snaps. We spent all summer hearing about how excited the coaches were to use him, and now they use him as some 10-play a game gadget player.

Every time he touches the ball he makes the rest of our WR's look like they run in quick sand. At this point, I don't see why he's not one of our starting wideouts. He should be getting 10 targets a game.
Agreed.

A forward thinking coaching staff would have studied how the Chiefs use Tyreke Hill and tried to use Austin in that manner.

But that's a common sense approach so the thought of doing something like that probably has never crossed their minds.

Last edited:

Rev

Staff member
Agreed.

A forward thinking coaching staff would have studied how the Chiefs use Tyreke Hill and tried to use Austin in that manner.

But that a common sense approach so the thought of doing something like that probably has never crossed their minds.
Dammnit you guys. Jerry is going to win his way.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Only an idiot owner hires a buffoon GM who hires yes-men coaches and then publicly undermines and complains about them. I guess it’s one way of making yourself look smart to a dumbassed redneck fan base.

Top Bottom