Game Day Chatter Thread | Week 2 | Cowboys @ Redskins | 09/15/19

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wentz looks absolutely awful.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I was working today, so didn't get to watch any football. Was listening to the Vikings game on the radio. There was a play were Stephon Diggs caught a TD pass, and there were no flags on the play. But replay denied the TD because they saw a penalty on the replay. An illegal block down field by a WR before the ball was thrown. WTF? Since when did replay start doing that shit? Yeah, the refs clearly missed the call, but replay can call that now?

Don't like that shit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was working today, so didn't get to watch any football. Was listening to the Vikings game on the radio. There was a play were Stephon Diggs caught a TD pass, and there were no flags on the play. But replay denied the TD because they saw a penalty on the replay. An illegal block down field by a WR before the ball was thrown. WTF? Since when did replay start doing that shit? Yeah, the refs clearly missed the call, but replay can call that now?

Don't like that shit.
They called it offensive pass interference. But I have no fucking idea how since it was before the ball was in the air and didn't impact the play at all. It was ridiculous and I'd be livid if it happened to us. Literally looked no different than a defender trying to jam the offensive player and the two guys got tangled.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Wait. They really have a sitcom that's basically about working at Walmart?

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
They called it offensive pass interference. But I have no fucking idea how since it was before the ball was in the air and didn't impact the play at all. It was ridiculous and I'd be livid if it happened to us. Literally looked no different than a defender trying to jam the offensive player and the two guys got tangled.
Right. I understand the penalty called. But since when can it be called from the booth after the fact? The refs missed the call, yeah. But there was no flag thrown on the play.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right. I understand the penalty called. But since when can it be called from the booth after the fact? The refs missed the call, yeah. But there was no flag thrown on the play.
I guess all pass interference is reviewable. Just never imagined it would be used this way.

Top Bottom